Project Aviate: Now (kinda) accepting sign-ups!

If you've finished reading the story, rate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Jack Noir said:
Gray Mann said:
@Javelin: That's strange, considering this story is just as focused on close combat as TT and Resolutions were.
Yeah, I still can't figure out why I'm just not as into this as Resolutions and TT.
Probably the premise.

One thing I didn't like about TT, though, was its use of powers and abilities. The team kept talking about releases and all these wacky moves, and me having a horribly spotty memory, I couldn't understand what they were talking about.

I spent the entirety of five opening chapters trying to burn these things into your memory, mate.

Gray Mann said:
Why does everybody like the torture sequence so much?
Probably because it's different. You don't expect to see that in most UP fictions.

Then again, maybe it's because people love to see others in pain.

Nabber said:
Gray Mann said:
Probably because it's different. You don't expect to see that in most UP fictions.

Then again, maybe it's because people love to see others in pain.
If it makes you feel any better I hate it <3

Nabber said:
One thing I didn't like about TT, though, was its use of powers and abilities. The team kept talking about releases and all these wacky moves, and me having a horribly spotty memory, I couldn't understand what they were talking about.
The move names really weren't important; all you had to remember was the elements thing which I gave a rather splendid tutorial on.

the names were just random things added with the Rule of Cool and Calling Your Attacks. You'll notice that Javelin Noir didn't really do that much. : )
Gray Mann said:
No clue.

The only torture scene I ever really thought was interesting was in Star Trek TNG, the one where Picard gets captured by the Cardassians or something.

The one with the legendary line "There...are...four...lights!".

Just caught up on Aviate. It's all really good, but the chat interactions between Hector and Javelin are pure gold. My favorite parts so far. :)

Also, love the Dr. Horrible quote at the top of the page.

Gideon Gordon Graves said:
It's all really good, but the chat interactions between Hector and Javelin are pure gold.
tabuu

we must now begin to market our actual chat conversations

Jack Noir said:
Gideon Gordon Graves said:
It's all really good, but the chat interactions between Hector and Javelin are pure gold.
tabuu

we must now begin to market our actual chat conversations
I tend to show some of them to a few friends, actually.

Like that one chick I told you about. Not the one I'm romantically interested in, but the one who-

Gray Mann said:
I tend to show some of them to a few friends, actually.
kinda expected that when you show me chats with other friends and you
Gray Mann said:
Like that one chick I told you about. Not the one I'm romantically interested in, but the one who-
that narrows it down to two

but i think i get what you're saying

I'm spoofing things like on-disc DLC and shit- the worst practices of the modern gaming industry.

Anyways, thoughts?

Back