Project Aviate: Now (kinda) accepting sign-ups!

If you've finished reading the story, rate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Re: Project Aviate

: )

Updated again.

Up next is the Tabuu boss fight, which'll put a close to World 1. I know that these updates are shorter than what you're used to- but I figure a rapid-fire approach is better for something like this.

> Hector: Ascend

I still find it rather odd that he can shoot people and still care about them enough to get them medical help, but w/e. It's more business for me, I guess.

I thought you'd resolved not to write about people you didn't really know, because it would make their portrayal not as accurate.

I'm going to start getting around the community more so I can get a better grasp on them

and it's not like everybody has to be a major character, anyways

I mean, I barely knew UM

but I nailed his character in Userpedia University

i guess i'll sign up

by the way, this is looking great so far. i especially like the style you're doing the chapters in, and i think you really nailed javelin's character.

Father Dougal McGuire said:
by the way, this is looking great so far. i especially like the style you're doing the chapters in, and i think you really nailed javelin's character.

The Dark Knight said:
This is better than 95% of the stuff on Userpedia.

Pyro said:
This is pretty good.

Thank you all. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

I'm going to be releasing the chapter soon: make sure to download this song before you read it and listen to it while you read.

Slightly lower quality; faster download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cn95ed5wdo0583z

Hi-Fi version; longer download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j2bee1v286xmfv3

It's for the Tabuu boss fight.

Edit: I also uploaded it as an mp3.

Obvious cred to Scarecrow.

Updated with boss fight. World 1 is over. Be sure to download the song and listen while you read!

• The mirror room with the fog is an allusion to "smoke and mirrors".
  • It being fog instead of smoke is a reference to the song "Smoke on the Water".
  • The fog's hallucinogenic properties and color a reference to Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze".
  • Tabuu's outfit and preferred weapon are a reference to Death and Blue Öyster Cult's "Don't Fear."
  • The effects of the fog on the victims is a reference to Scarecrow's (the Batman villain) fear gas, as well as the fact that the person who uses it on others has an immunity or other defense to it. (In some incarnations of Scarecrow, he has an immunity- and in others, the mask acts as a filter to prevent its effects on him. Tabuu is immune to his own "fear gas".)

Well, you used the term "snarled" three times, which I felt got redundant, but otherwise very good.

Gray Mann said:
I'm going to start getting around the community more so I can get a better grasp on them
let's not think too deeply about other possible meanings of this statement
Gray Mann said:
and it's not like everybody has to be a major character, anyways

I mean, I barely knew UM

but I nailed his character in Userpedia University
> implying UM has a complex character
Father Dougal McGuire said:
...and i think you really nailed javelin's character.
I've been shocked at how accurate it is.

also good boss fight i just wasn't really into it though

I guess I just prefer Typical Tragedy's style more because I like the medieval genre (or sci-fi genre, but that's beside the point) style of fighting, with magic or lasers or whatever. Not really into guns and modern stuff.

@Zero and Buu: Uh, could I get an actual review from you two? What did you like the most? What didn't you like? I need something to work with, here.
@Javelin: That's strange, considering this story is just as focused on close combat as TT and Resolutions were.
@Nabber: Sorry about that.

Gray Mann said:
@Javelin: That's strange, considering this story is just as focused on close combat as TT and Resolutions were.
Yeah, I still can't figure out why I'm just not as into this as Resolutions and TT.

Back