Games that get too much love/hate

Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
You literally said it was the start of the Mario series in your first response unless your trying to argue that the Mario series was successful up until the creation of Super Mario Bros. which is incorrect

No I did not literally said. I said it "kicked off" the Mario series because Super Mario Bros. is the one that drove the Mario series popularity.
So i'm guessing you think that Donkey Kong wasn't a popular game?

Not as popular as Super Mario Bros.
Yeah your right so I guess things like the Saturday Supercade and the Donkey Kong breakfast cereal didn't exist, and I guess like every console didn't port the game to their system, I guess Donkey Kong wasn't the Colecovision's pack in game, and I guess Universal didn't sue Nintendo because Donkey Kong violated their rights to King Kong (and because Nintendo refused to pay royalties.)

Look, I didn't say it wasn't popular. I said it was not as popular as Super Mario Bros.
You can't say that for sure since Donkey Kong is an arcade game while Super Mario Bros. is a console game, Donkey Kong shipped over 60,000 arcade units and who knows how much money each one made. And your argument is flawed because
1. Super Mario Bros. was only popular because it was a pack in game
2. The only reason it was a pack in game was because of Mario's popularity
3. Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong

Therefore Donkey Kong drove Mario's popularity and it only grew because of brilliant marketing by Nintendo

I wasn't trying to make comparisons. It's just a fact that Super Mario Bros. is more popular than Donkey Kong. Simple.

Baby Luigi said:
I wasn't trying to make comparisons. It's just a fact that Super Mario Bros. is more popular than Donkey Kong. Simple.
But you decided to use the wording of kicked off the Mario series which implies 1 of 2 things
1. That was where the series started
2. That was when the series became popular
Both are wrong Mario was already very popular (which is why Super Mario Bros. was the pack in title) yet you continue to defend your statement despite the fact that the facts don't match it.
(side note as it turns out Donkey Kong shipped 132,000 machines)

Well, I haven't seen much Donkey Kong references in the series, compared to Super Mario Bros. The Mario series itself is more based off Super Mario Bros. than Donkey Kong. Basically since Super Mario Bros.'s debut, the series has been heavily influenced from Super Mario Bros.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, I haven't seen much Donkey Kong references in the series, compared to Super Mario Bros. The Mario series itself is more based off Super Mario Bros. than Donkey Kong. Basically since Super Mario Bros.'s debut, the series has been heavily influenced from Super Mario Bros.
Yes like I said it was a revolutionary title but it doesn't mean it kicked off the Mario series because that would mean it would have to be the first game which it's not

Jesus.

Shoey and BLOF just stop it.

BLOF wasn't making any comparisons, she's just making a fact that Super Mario Bros. is more popular than Donkey Kong.

Snifit said:
Jesus.

BLOF wasn't making any comparisons, she's just making a fact that Super Mario Bros. is more popular than Donkey Kong.
No that was not what she said originally what she said was the Super Mario Bros. "Kicked off the Mario series" and that is wrong

Well, I apologize for the misinterpretation of that phrase because I didn't really mean that. I meant Super Mario Bros. is the defining aspect of the Mario series.

Plunderbird said:
Snifit said:
Jesus.

No that was not what she said originally what she said was the Super Mario Bros. "Kicked off the Mario series" and that is wrong

So what? She could have worded that wrong.

Snifit said:
Plunderbird said:
Snifit said:
Jesus.

So what? She could have worded that wrong.
People who say things that aren't correct should be called out on it.

-.-

I'm just wasting my time. I wasn't even going to enter on this argument, I came here to tell that BLOF is telling the truth.

It's all right Snifit, I find it terribly difficult to put what I think into words.

Snifit said:
-.-

I'm just wasting my time. I wasn't even going to enter on this argument, I came here to tell that BLOF is telling the truth.
This is why people need to be called out when they make false statements so that people don't believe them
(also on topic all Diddy Kong Racing is overrated)

But in Magikrazy's V2W N64 forum game, alot of people voted for SSB, and Mario Party 3 had no votes.

IceShadow1195 said:
But in Magikrazy's V2W N64 forum game, alot of people voted for SSB, and Mario Party 3 had no votes.
That's just because the Smash Bros. series is way better than the Mario Party series. I mean, they still are both awesome.

^ I like that idea, as long as it's not all childish like Yoshi's Story. I loved Yoshi's Story as a kid, though, and I still like to play it sometimes.

Okay.

I think Super Mario 64 gets too much love. Every top 10 Mario games list will have SM64 in the top, thrust me.

Also, It's like the only game people play with on Project64 (A N64 emulator).

Hotel Mario gets way too much hate.

Super Mario Sunshine gets too much hate.

I dunno why but I enjoyed the game.

^
I believe so too.

Yoshi's Island DS gets A LOT of hate.

Back