Games that get too much love/hate

LN1 said:
I actually like Mario Party 9. It still keeps one thing I like, if you're good at minigames, you can have a good edge even if you aren't lucky.
None of the times I've been Superstar have I had more Stars obtained en route, no no no. Most of my Mini Stars came from minigames.
There are other various factors, but the game still depends on minigames. Only like 3 minigames require luck also(Bowser's Block Battle has some luck, but it also has stealing other's attacks by rolling their dice).
I am good at minigames at Boo's Horror Castle and I still can't win.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 gets too much love? And most of you guys don't like it?

So no one respects the classics, huh? Compare it to most NES games and it's fantastic. It's still a great game, imo.
Remember (and this goes to everybody at times) just because like 5 people don't think it's the best game ever doesn't mean they don't respect the classics nor does it mean they don't like it nor does it mean it's overrate or underrated because both of those are meaningless opinions that fans throw out towards things they like or don't like that they think needs more love/hate.

LN1 said:
I actually like Mario Party 9. It still keeps one thing I like, if you're good at minigames, you can have a good edge even if you aren't lucky.
None of the times I've been Superstar have I had more Stars obtained en route, no no no. Most of my Mini Stars came from minigames.
There are other various factors, but the game still depends on minigames. Only like 3 minigames require luck also(Bowser's Block Battle has some luck, but it also has stealing other's attacks by rolling their dice).

I heard that the luck factor outside of the minigame is a LOT bigger than the previous games, though. It's still possible to win in all the minigames and lose quite often (yes, I do know about unfortunate Chance Time/Fortune Spaces).

Alright...

Games that get too much love:

Super Mario Sunshine, it has there's playthroughs for it everywhere and also Petey Piranha has gathered a lot of fanboys.

Super Mario Bros. original, alot of music from this game is overused, also alot of people despise Goombas when they were actually my favorite enemy.

Mario Power Tennis, youtube is flooded with playthroughs of it.

Games that get too much hate:

SMB3, sure it was well liked, yeah whatever, but when the newer Mario games came out, everyone dismissed SMB3 like garbage. Also, COD fanboys love to keep making fun of the graphics of this game.

SMB2, the new enemies introduced here get too much hate, I actually loved Snifit, Ninji, Ostro, Pidgit and Tweeter.

Super Princess Peach, a game that Peach finally could kick Bowser's ass, haven't you guys been tired of Peach being kidnapped? Then you should give this game more attention!

Mario Strikers Charged, I think...

Snifit said:
Alright...

Super Mario Sunshine, it has there's playthroughs for it everywhere and also Petey Piranha has gathered a lot of fanboys. Are you on drugs? This is hated...

Super Mario Bros. original, alot of music from this game is overused, also alot of people despise Goombas when they were actually my favorite enemy.

Mario Power Tennis, youtube is flooded with playthroughs of it.

SMB3, sure it was well liked, yeah whatever, but when the newer Mario games came out, everyone dismissed SMB3 like garbage. Also, COD fanboys love to keep making fun of the graphics of this game. I think I was right what I said.. Dont take it too seriously though. Its just an expression.

SMB2, the new enemies introduced here get too much hate, I actually loved Snifit, Ninji, Ostro, Pidgit and Tweeter.

Super Princess Peach, a game that Peach finally could kick Bowser's ass, haven't you guys been tired of Peach being kidnapped? Then you should give this game more attention!

Mario Strikers Charged, I think...

Snifit said:
Alright...

Super Mario Sunshine, it has there's playthroughs for it everywhere and also Petey Piranha has gathered a lot of fanboys. 1. Just because there are a lot of playthroughs doesn't mean it has been a loved game. Haven't you heard the critics? The critics RAVED on Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. As for Sunshine? It's known as the "black sheep" of the series. 2. The introduction of a single character does not determine how much the game itself is loved or hated.

Super Mario Bros. original, alot of music from this game is overused, also alot of people despise Goombas when they were actually my favorite enemy. Agreed with that. But since it kicked off the Mario series, it won't be getting any less "love" any time soon.

Mario Power Tennis, youtube is flooded with playthroughs of it. See 1. in my first comment. Plus, from what I heard, spin-offs not named Mario Kart are generally hated in reasons I do not know (maybe because simply it's not a platformer).

SMB3, sure it was well liked, yeah whatever, but when the newer Mario games came out, everyone dismissed SMB3 like garbage. Also, COD fanboys love to keep making fun of the graphics of this game. Everyone? People still rave about this game even today. There are lots of people who keep saying that this game was considered one of the best in the series.

SMB2, the new enemies introduced here get too much hate, I actually loved Snifit, Ninji, Ostro, Pidgit and Tweeter. Agreed with you

Super Princess Peach, a game that Peach finally could kick Bowser's ass, haven't you guys been tired of Peach being kidnapped? Then you should give this game more attention! Haven't heard much of this game, so I agree

Mario Strikers Charged, I think... yes

Boidoh said:
Are you on drugs? This is hated...

You should have just said "This is hated alot, are you sure?", saying that I'm on drugs sounds like you're insulting me.

Snifit said:
Boidoh said:

You should have just said "This is hated alot, are you sure?", saying that I'm on drugs is just offensive.

Technically, I am really on drugs when I go to school. I find that offensive if you mind.

Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:
Super Mario Bros. original, alot of music from this game is overused, also alot of people despise Goombas when they were actually my favorite enemy. Agreed with that. But since it kicked off the Mario series, it won't be getting any less "love" any time soon.

Um...I think Donkey Kong kicked off the Mario series unless you're talking about games with Mario in the title in which case it would be Mario Bros.

Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:

Um...I think Donkey Kong kicked off the Mario series unless you're talking about games with Mario in the title in which case it would be Mario Bros.

Donkey Kong debuted the series. The game was one of reasons Nintendo was successful. However, Super Mario Bros. is considered the start of the Mario series, due to its major success and the case of its elements being used in many future games.

Boidoh said:
Snifit said:
Boidoh said:

You should have just said "This is hated alot, are you sure?", saying that I'm on drugs is just offensive.

Did you see what I said below.. I said its an expression dont take it too seriously.

No hard feelings?

Expressions like that could be highly offensive. Take in case: comparing a screechy, hyperactive, bratty 5 year old to a 5 year old with ADHD. I find it extremely offensive to see people make those type of comparisons.

Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:

Donkey Kong debuted the series. The game was one of reasons Nintendo was successful. However, Super Mario Bros. is considered the start of the Mario series, due to its major success and the case of its elements being used in many future games.
How can you say it's the start of the series when it's not...Super Mario Bros. didn't start the series it's just a revolutionary game in the series

Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:

How can you say it's the start of the series when it's not...Super Mario Bros. didn't start the series it's just a revolutionary game in the series

I didn't say it was the start of the series, I said it was considered to be the start of the series. Not many people know about Donkey Kong (provided they don't know Mario too much) when compared to the original Super Mario Bros.

Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:

I didn't say it was the start of the series, I said it was considered to be the start of the series. Not many people know about Donkey Kong (provided they don't know Mario too much) when compared to the original Super Mario Bros.
You literally said it was the start of the Mario series in your first response unless your trying to argue that the Mario series was successful up until the creation of Super Mario Bros. which is incorrect

In MP9, the payouts for mini-games are too close IMO. 5 3 2 1 Is WAYYYYY TOO CLOSE. -__-

Also for Hammer Bro's battle mini-games don't change much either; 6 4 2 0

Plunderbird said:
You literally said it was the start of the Mario series in your first response unless your trying to argue that the Mario series was successful up until the creation of Super Mario Bros. which is incorrect

No I did not literally said. I said it "kicked off" the Mario series because Super Mario Bros. is the one that drove the Mario series popularity.

Snifit said:
Hissae2 said:
Mario Party. Why does everyone love that game? I find it boring after the first try :eek:

*big scary text*

Hey, he could have his opinion you know.

Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:

No I did not literally said. I said it "kicked off" the Mario series because Super Mario Bros. is the one that drove the Mario series popularity.
So i'm guessing you think that Donkey Kong wasn't a popular game?

Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:

Not as popular as Super Mario Bros.

Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:

Yeah your right so I guess things like the Saturday Supercade and the Donkey Kong breakfast cereal didn't exist, and I guess like every console didn't port the game to their system, I guess Donkey Kong wasn't the Colecovision's pack in game, and I guess Universal didn't sue Nintendo because Donkey Kong violated their rights to King Kong (and because Nintendo refused to pay royalties.)

Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:
Baby Luigi said:
Plunderbird said:

Yeah your right so I guess things like the Saturday Supercade and the Donkey Kong breakfast cereal didn't exist, and I guess like every console didn't port the game to their system, I guess Donkey Kong wasn't the Colecovision's pack in game, and I guess Universal didn't sue Nintendo because Donkey Kong violated their rights to King Kong (and because Nintendo refused to pay royalties.)

Look, I didn't say it wasn't popular. I said it was not as popular as Super Mario Bros.

Back