Games that get too much love/hate

IceShadow1195 said:
Okay.

I think Super Mario 64 gets too much love. Every top 10 Mario games list will have SM64 in the top, thrust me.

Also, It's like the only game people play with on Project64 (A N64 emulator).
well it was the birth of the first 3D Mario game, great music, level designs, all that good stuff.

@ Queen Boo, YIDS didn't have good music to me. I would have bought it if it was like NSMB2 and reused the music from YI for the gameboy.

IceShadow1195 said:
Bumpy

I think Mario Party 3 gets too much hate.

I think you need to stop being so obsessed with what's overrated, what's underrated, what's obscure, and what's not obscure. Or if anything you could try not to jump to conclusions so quickly.

A whole five people chose to vote for Super Smash Bros as opposed to Mario Party 3's three voters.

FireKirby said:
Super Mario Sunshine gets too much hate.

If the Awards are anything to go by, It's a pretty well-received game, seeing as it only lost to Super Mario 64 by 7 votes for third place in "Favorite Platformer".

Queen Boo said:
Yoshi's Island DS gets A LOT of hate.

I like that game a bit. I liked the adition of Baby Bowser.

@Crash: I wasn't obsessed with anything -.- I said in another thread that I like Shadow though being overrated.

Queen Boo said:
^
I believe so too.

Yoshi's Island DS gets A LOT of hate.
Thank you! I am like the only person who liked that game.

Anyway. Too much Galaxy series love. Especially when they win Best Game in the Awards which they did not deserve.

The award results don't mean much, so let's not base our conclusions on awards.

Rather, we should look at it in a whole. See the reviews for several sites, play the game for yourself. Super Mario 64 kind of deserved its love for its time since it was one of the first games to use free camera and one of the first 3D platformers as well. But today, Super Mario 64 DS beats it.

Back