Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Wolf O'Donnel

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
yoshisawesome said:
Yoshi doesn't suck at fighting, he's just hard to control, and has slightly weaker smashes than regular moves, which have improved in power since the original game. Not a lot of people can handle Yoshi, which is why they say he sucks, but they just don't play as him enough to be good at fighting with him.

The people who make tiers are professional people

Where can I find the tiers in Brawl, anyway?

I have to disagree. Some characters are just better than others, but it doesn't necessarily mean they will outclass them.

Here is the tier list

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Tier

Look how high Mario is in the Brawl tier list! :O

yoshisawesome said:
Its not so much as some characters aren't as good as others, it's because you know how to play as them better than other ones

No, not exactly. I main Mario, but I feel like there are characters better than him.

yoshidude99 said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
Really? Well then, I hate Yoshi and Yoshi is a bad character, so double points for me!

Why? His Super Dragon move can KO a lot of people when I use it.

If you turn Final Smashes off, maybe you can understand why

Yoshi is still low tier.

I really don't care what tier he's in, you people are too dependant on those things, if you practice good, you can play good, and video games are no exception

yoshisawesome said:
I really don't care what tier he's in, you people are too dependant on those things, if you practice good, you can play good, and video games are no exception

Competitive play says hi

yoshisawesome said:
I bet you hardly ever play as Yoshi, which is why you don't understand the awesome beast that hides deep within Yoshi

That's because Yoshi is my most disliked character. I liked using him more in Super Smash Bros. and Melee, but not in Brawl, mainly of his appearance.

And, since it's possible for me to do so, I'd rather play as Baby Luigi in Brawl.

I think I like Yoshi more in brawl, mostly because they made him stronger, but I liked him in melee too. I never played the original game, so I wouldn't know

Yoshi's bicycle kick in the original was the best out of all three games

Look at Yoshi's article in SmashWiki or something. He has a steep learning curve and his attacks are short-ranged. His lack of a triple jump somewhat ruins him. It makes his recoveries predictable.

Meta Knight and Diddy Kong are the true beasts compared to Yoshi.

Yeah right. Yoshi doesn't need a triple jump, because his double jump is beast. Plus, I've kicked Diddy and Meta Knight's butt waaaaaay too many times. The thing is, people underestimate Yoshi because they don't know how to play as him. You've gotta really know what you're doing when you play as Yoshi; you've gotta have skill

I do like ROB, he's pretty good, but I feel like the only reason he was added was to play the role as the ancient minister in the Subspace Emmisary. I hate to say it, but I don't think we'll be seeing ROB in the next game

yoshisawesome said:
Yeah right. Yoshi doesn't need a triple jump, because his double jump is beast. Plus, I've kicked Diddy and Meta Knight's butt waaaaaay too many times. The thing is, people underestimate Yoshi because they don't know how to play as him. You've gotta really know what you're doing when you play as Yoshi; you've gotta have skill

Here's a quote from SmashWiki

Yoshi ranks 28th on the tier list due to his extremely high learning curve due to extremely difficult advanced techniques, over-reliance on his double jump to recover, making Footstool Jumps, Meteor Smashes, or certain special grabs very dangerous to him (although he can air dodge during his second jump to gain invincibility), abysmal out of shield options with a poor roll dodge (although immunity to shield stabbing helps somewhat) and poor kill power without quick attack speed (except for down smash, which isn't a reliable killing move, neutral aerial, which needs to be hit within the initial frames and generally needs to be off-stage, and up aerial, which is a bit situational) resulting in below average and tournament results.

I don't what to say. He does have clear advantages, but his disadvantages are clear too. Yoshi is easily gimped, he relies too much on his second jump, etc.

I'm not trying to deter you from using Yoshi, but these are the facts. In Brawl.

Back