Votes: 3 3.3%
  • R.O.B

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Wolf O'Donnel

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
Wait, Yoshi's bad because he has a high learning curve? SmashWiki says Link does too, and I started playing as Link and was pretty good in the first hour. Ganondorf and Bowser are not bad once you train with them.

Peach or Zelda/Shiek are the worst characters. Samus is pretty good.

A high learning curve just means that the character is possibly difficult to master. There is more dedication needed to master this character, and I think characters with less steep learning curves are used more.

I believe tier lists are also usage lists. Also, I acknowledge the existence of tiers, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. :P I like Link and Mario.

True. I still end up using Meta Knight more than anyone else, even though I can play fairly well as Link, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser, Ganondorf, Falco, Diddy Kong, and Snake.

Wolf is my best.

I think you should just go with your most favorite character, honestly. Mario is my most favorite, despite his low rank on the tier list.

Yeah. The tier list only really matters in competitive play, which honestly is not as much fun as casual. in casual gaming, you can pick any character, train with them, and they'll be your best.

They still need to nerf the Ice Climbers IMO. Half of my hits are absorbed by the pink one.

Or they could remove them entirely.

I like the Ice Climbers. They have a unique playing style.

I prefer "casual" play, actually. I like playing with explosives and stage hazards in 2.0 ratio.

Oh yeah... I never play with items. It's like critical hits in Pokemon: either you or your enemy can randomly get an advantage.

Ice Climbers aren't the worst. Jigglypuff was. Why does this brainless puffball keep appearing? We already have Kirby. Mewtwo should have returned; unfortunately, he's considered outmoded these days thanks to Generations IV and V of Pokemon.

Or a disadvantage if you smash attack on a bob-omb.

Jigglypuff is light, but its air game is good. It got a severe nerf in Brawl.

Ivysaur kills everything in the air with Bullet Seed and his OP up smash.

I'm really bad with Sonic and Dedede. Sonic because he has no power and Dedede because he has no speed.

Olimar plays too weirdly for me. I don't like how he depends on his Pikmin for smash attacks.

Olimar requires a lot of mental energy to play with. You have to remember the order of all of his pikmin so you won't charge a smash attack with the white one or throw the purple one.

According to the tier list, Olimar is ranked 8/38. It's not bad at all. I don't use him, though, so I don't really know what makes him good. Maybe he can throw many projectiles?

It's because he can hit hard with the Pikmin and he has decent projectiles. A bit hard to play as but worth it.

Meta Knight still wins every time.

Diddy Kong's Bananas can out-prioritize the Mach Tornado, but Meta Knight is still better.

Yeah...Diddy Kong is pretty ridiculous. Though it's funny when people get tripped up by Bananas in a no-item match. You are familiar with the bananas Yoshiwaker? *evil grin*

Speaking of no-item games...Zero Suit Samus has an advantage at the start because those pieces of the suit do ridiculous knockback.

I'm mostly distracted by bananas. I just want pick them up and throw them down and repeat the process.

You can throw the banana at someone, use the dash attack to hit them and simultaneously pick up the banana. Painfully annoying. The best way to stop it is with Link/Toon Link's passive shield or Fox/Falco/Wolf's reflectors.

Caping Diddy Kong sounds like a good alternative.

I agree. I won one time by caping a Falco while he's recovering. Pure awesome win. I always get satisfaction when I cape someone to his doom.

Too bad his useless FLUDD isn't a recovery move and that his tornado got replaced.

The tornado wasn't that great to begin with.

Marth was the most nerfed IMO. Went from my best character to never played. I don't really know why, I just know that I'm not good with him anymore.

Weird, because he is pretty high on the tier list.

Yeah...I guess it's the different controls somehow. I tried using a GC controller to play, but it didn't help. Too bad. Marth was one of the reasons I went and bought Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

I use Olimar now and then, and he's all right. I admit, he is hard to use

Back