New Super Mario Bros. U

Propeller Toad said:
Count Mario said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Nighttime levels. We haven't seen those in 2D platformers since the SNES games
I know. Night levels happen to be one of my favorite level backgrounds, so I'm glad.

Agreed. It's good to see some things like this return (small or not). I'm especially loving the background art for the game's levels so far. Much more appealing to look at in comparison to the past NSMB titles.

Giving off an obvious SMW vibe, I do wonder who the bosses of this game will be. It would be nice to see the Koopalings to appear though with unique fighting styles (and not the generic fights they had like in NSMB Wii). Some non Koopa bosses would also be nice to fight against as well (just for a refreshing feeling).
No, anything but the Koopalings. I love them, but they appeared in NSMBW and now NSMB2 which comes out the same year as this. I want as much variation as possible between the titles. However, I think that your ideas for the Koopalings should apply to NSMB2 and I would love some non Koopa bosses. Gogeta's idea is perfect and I would personally like to see a giant Magikoopa boss like Kamella or Kamek, but as a much more different and innovative boss than NSMBW.

The Big Boo was like a mini-mini boss

Baby Luigi said:
The Big Boo was like a mini-mini boss
I would say a mini boss.

This is what a mini mini boss would look:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=1mmqNp5VqnA[/youtube]

This looks really good so far. The worlds seem to be at least slightly different from what I've seen, and the power-ups look cool. I can't wait to see what else this game has.

I just want them to combine the desert and mountain levels so there could be room for something cooler like an industrial/factory themed world or space world

I Ghost world seems pretty fun. Also a factory world would be fun. I think that is where the gears come in from Larry's castle. Also add mecha-Koopas, Grinders, Amps and those red and blue things from DKCR. Maybe some toxic and electricity fences and that is what you can get out of a Factory world. And also smoke

YoshiGo99 said:
Also a factory world would be fun. I think that is where the gears come in from Larry's castle. Also add mecha-Koopas, Grinders, Amps and those red and blue things from DKCR. Maybe some toxic and electricity fences and that is what you can get out of a Factory world. And also smoke

Nintendo will be hated for promoting "air pollution"..

Boidoh said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Also a factory world would be fun. I think that is where the gears come in from Larry's castle. Also add mecha-Koopas, Grinders, Amps and those red and blue things from DKCR. Maybe some toxic and electricity fences and that is what you can get out of a Factory world. And also smoke

It's bad enough that the Donkey Kong titles have factory worlds. Mario mainstream titles should probably stay free from factory-themed worlds.

MnSG said:
Boidoh said:
YoshiGo99 said:

It's bad enough that the Donkey Kong titles have factory worlds. Mario mainstream titles should probably stay free from factory-themed worlds.

It sounds like your agreeing with me.

Boidoh said:
It sounds like your agreeing with me.

As amusing as it would be to have a factory world, I don't want it to reference "air pollution" like what Donkey Kong Country did with Kremkroc Industries, Inc..

Sayaka Maizono said:
I just want them to combine the desert and mountain levels so there could be room for something cooler like an industrial/factory themed world or space world
That would be called a Canyon themed-world, which I have been suggesting many times. Imagine, cactuses, tumbleweeds, strong winds, caves, minecarts, mountains, rocks, etc. It'd be awesome.

Boidoh said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I would love that. Wait what about multi-player with minecarts? Would everyone have to get into one cart of they have their own
I personally prefer bone-coasters.
This would be a good reference to DKC though.
There should be more references and Easter eggs related to other games. A bramble level, DK barrels, and other things that were in different games. That would be cool to see

Count Mario said:
Sayaka Maizono said:
That would be called a Canyon themed-world, which I have been suggesting many times. Imagine, cactuses, tumbleweeds, strong winds, caves, minecarts, mountains, rocks, etc. It'd be awesome.
Yeah, that's what I was looking for. They're practically the same anyways, especially in the original NSMB.

I'm probably biased because I think factory levels and futuristic levels are the best areas ever. It'd be better than the typical Prarie -> Desert -> Water -> Ice -> Forest -> Canyon -> Sky -> Fire theme. I don't know why everyone is getting worked up by saying a Factory level is a bad idea because it says "Nintendo supports air pollution".

That's about as silly as saying that Nintendo approves of animal abuse because Mario pummels Koopas to oblivion or that Nintendo supports gluttony because Kirby eats everything in sight.

Back