New Super Mario Bros. U

NSMB2 is about money. NSMBU is about... stuff.

Nabber said:

NSMBU is also a milking ploy by Nintendo

This year's E3 really has brought a huge twist for us. One game gets that, and the other gets something else. Reznors are in NSMB2, while you get new flying squirrel enemies in NSMBU.

Count me as immediately sold once I saw the Baby Yoshis (didn't hear about this on 6/3 when this broke). This looks to be another nice romp with fresh power-ups.

It is interesting the GamePad player is super powerful on the platforms, a really easy mode with a good player there. Oh well, I won't be using that my first time through.

This game is about using Babies to help you go through levels and learning how to be a squirrel. I bet PETA will come back on this like the tanooki thing. But I wanna know will this game feature abilities for the normal Yoshies too? Like spitting fire growing wings

YoshiGo99 said:
I bet PETA will come back on this like the tanooki thing.

If they want attention again...

Sayaka Maizono said:
Yeah, having two Toads playable again is stupid.
Propeller Toad said:
120px-Squirrel_Toad.png
120px-ToadBabyYoshiNSMBU.PNG

Man, seeing these just made me want this game even more! :)
Even aside from the Toads, the game looks very nice!
Well... so something wrong with Toad and Toadette again? Do the staff want to make a sequel without any improvement?
It's also awkward to see someone say more instead of less.

Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

NSMBU is also a milking ploy by Nintendo

But it's still fun.

I like the background of the level with the Boos. It's like a crayon-style. This is definitely the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Dorayaki said:
Sayaka Maizono said:
Yeah, having two Toads playable again is stupid.
Propeller Toad said:
120px-Squirrel_Toad.png

Well... so something wrong with Toad and Toadette again? Do the staff want to make a sequel without any improvement?

Hey, there was no problem with toads in the original. So whats wrong here. People can deal with it then, they can deal with it now. Unless they can't, then they can stop being so picky. With these two, you get Red, Green, Blue & Yellow which could be considered some of the most common colours. Pink is a shade of Red and Toad had Red dots, so it'd be more like Red, Green, Red/Blue, Pink, which isn't very good colour choice.

Also, I fucking love that squirrel suit.

The graphics look better then NSMBW and I love how the racoon suits resemble the cape from SMW in gameplay, but isn't this getting repedative since NSMB2 is coming out this year? Doesn't it feel like their should of been a 3D Mario game at E3 this year?

Z-omb said:
The graphics look better then NSMBW and I love how the racoon suits resemble the cape from SMW in gameplay, but isn't this getting repedative since NSMB2 is coming out this year? Doesn't it feel like their should of been a 3D Mario game at E3 this year?

Heard that before.

Yes, probably should have been some sort of 3D game but there wasn't.

Too bad, so sad, let's all go cry in a corner. We get games, we play them. don't like them, don't buy them.

Propeller Toad said:
120px-Squirrel_Toad.png

Of course, I'd also prefer to see Toad and Toadette myself as they would be more ideal and better fitting as playable characters (being actual characters). However, I do appreciate the fact that Nintendo implemented Toad in someway as a playable character (even if he is split into "half"). Until NSMB Wii arrived, Toad has technically been absent as a playable character in the platformers for about 21 years.

Re: New Super Mario Bros. Wii U-Nintendo Direct Details

YoshiGo99 said:
I think it is but those mountains may be returning. Look near Peach's Castle. They aren't polka-dotted but the look a lot like the ones in NSMBW
Those are actually from SMW, too (along with the diagonal theme). I preferred the smaller triangle shaped mountains from the original SMB.
I also see the angry sun from SMB3 is in it.

I'm getting a little tired of repeating NSMB games; they just seem too similar. For the next 2D platformer, I'd like something a bit more original, be it in graphical style or gameplay. For instance, how about a 16-bit downloadable title?

The New Super Mario Bros. series is supposed to bring back the nostalgia of the original 2D platformers during the NES and SNES days.

Gummy said:
I'm getting a little tired of repeating NSMB games; they just seem too similar. For the next 2D platformer, I'd like something a bit more original, be it in graphical style or gameplay. For instance, how about a 16-bit downloadable title?
Personally, I find it limiting just to have a downloadable title that's 16-bit similar to Mega Man 9 and 10. I would much prefer full retail releases with more content taking advantage of this generation's abilities rather than being downgraded simply for nostalgia. That is just me though.

IMO, there should be 2-D Mario platformer that kinda looks like the beginning of SMG2. Basically, a side scroller with SMG graphics.

Yeah, but it feels that the NSMB games all seem so similar; there were massive differences between SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW, but other than a few gimmicks there's no real difference between the four NSMB titles.

Gummy said:
Yeah, but it feels that the NSMB games all seem so similar; there were massive differences between SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW, but other than a few gimmicks there's no real difference between the four NSMB titles.
I can understand that. But I do think that is only because new world themes haven't been used log with new bosses. While NSMB2 seems to be following that, NSMBU looks pretty damn original. I'd say that it is the one title that has the potential to have its own identity.

I can also see "Crazy Animal Rights Group" going up in arms about this.

Dorayaki said:
You will understand why I am in this game and you do not want to Wolley Ivan, I agree to Crackin355.

In addition, I can draw a Toadette is being played in a game of Mario Pratt is not possible.

Back