New Super Mario Bros. U

The suit abilities remind me of Knuckles. It can glide and climb walls, sound familiar?

Oh, and the other problem--the worlds are horribly generic. It seems to be the same 8 worlds all over again that were in NSMB and NSMBW.

Gummy said:
Oh, and the other problem--the worlds are horribly generic. It seems to be the same 8 worlds all over again that were in NSMB and NSMBW.

Damn it. Screw you Nintendo

I guess some people are just tired of the nostalgia that these 2D platformers bring.

Wasn't the backgrounds people's main complaints last time? They look beautiful now and there's still complaining about it.

I mean fuck, don't like it, don't buy it. If you hate Nintendo for making this game go play something else. If you're angry about this game don't waste your time complaining about, go and play a game you like.

This is what they wanted to make, it's not our choice. We don't control things and complaining doesn't change anything.

By the way, I like the coloring of the Squirrel suit.

I wasn't implying the game would be bad; I'm sure it'll be fun. What I do believe is that Nintendo isn't putting in nearly as much effort into the 2D platformers as they could.

I feel like this one had more effort put into it than the one on the Wii.

I want to see a little bit more of the levels first. Because the ones I've seen I've loved.

Crackin355 said:

I want to see a little bit more of the levels first. Because the ones I've seen I've loved.
Agreed, the Propeller Suit sort of sucked, the squirrel thing looked fun. This might be the best NSMB game yet.

Also I remember someone asking if regular Yoshi will be rideable in the game because we've only seen baby Yoshi's but Mario is riding a green one in an image on the wiki page. Don't know if this was already said or not though.

SuperNick3DLand said:
Crackin355 said:

Agreed, the Propeller Suit sort of sucked, the squirrel thing looked fun. This might be the best NSMB game yet.
I actually liked that. I would always try to keep myself safe and never lose the propeller suit

I liked the propeller suit, but the squirrel suit just looks more fun to me.

I also think that not all the backgrounds will be the same. Because you see the tree with acorn mushrooms in it at the start but in levels with the same theme you see those square-ish mountains in the back.

The giant world background has large overgrown trees which is new. Also the Snowy level background has pine trees with no polka-dotted mountains

We also get nighttime scenery, which was quite lacking in the past New Super Mario Bros. titles.

Crackin355 said:
With these two, you get Red, Green, Blue & Yellow which could be considered some of the most common colours. Pink is a shade of Red and Toad had Red dots, so it'd be more like Red, Green, Red/Blue, Pink, which isn't very good colour choice.
First of all, we would think yellow for Daisy instead of generic toad.
If we have concern for colors, I thought it also happens in ice and fire flowers, as toads have to become red or blue and it's somewhat complex to arrange their alterego colors.

No matter colors affect sights or not, I think the staff can make better use of color options like Kirby did. They only need text alteration to give fans more choices, including the original Toad or other purple, orange, green toads. Toadette wouldn't be a difficult one if she share the same model with other toads.

Propeller Toad said:
Of course, I'd also prefer to see Toad and Toadette myself as they would be more ideal and better fitting as playable characters (being actual characters). However, I do appreciate the fact that Nintendo implemented Toad in someway as a playable character (even if he is split into "half"). Until NSMB Wii arrived, Toad has technically been absent as a playable character in the platformers for about 21 years.
I agree that putting other players beside Mario bros is an innovation for the series. For main characters, it's just that the staff didn't make comprehensive thoughts in character designs and stories.

Gummy said:
I wasn't implying the game would be bad; I'm sure it'll be fun. What I do believe is that Nintendo isn't putting in nearly as much effort into the 2D platformers as they could.
I know it's your opinion but, you need to take a second look at the screenshots, I see levels that do not fit in to the 8 worlds from the last games.

I love the night landscapes. I hope space levels are back. Some gimmicks would be jumping higher and going upside down on certain things

Count Mario said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Nighttime levels. We haven't seen those in 2D platformers since the SNES games
I know. Night levels happen to be one of my favorite level backgrounds, so I'm glad.

Agreed. It's good to see some things like this return (small or not). I'm especially loving the background art for the game's levels so far. Much more appealing to look at in comparison to the past NSMB titles.

Giving off an obvious SMW vibe, I do wonder who the bosses of this game will be. It would be nice to see the Koopalings to appear though with unique fighting styles (and not the generic fights they had like in NSMB Wii). Some non Koopa bosses would also be nice to fight against as well (just for a refreshing feeling).

Back