Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I'm not saying there is much to Peach, I agree that she like most Mario characters is pretty plain. I just think there is more to her than Daisy has.

If only barely.

The GameCube Mario Party games and Mario Party 8 > The Nintendo 64 Mario Party games.

A lot of fans seem to put the first three above the others.

In fact, Mario Party 8 is my favorite Mario Party game. I'm not sure how many people would choose that as their favorite.

I can’t believe people still don’t know that Mario Party DS is the best Mario Party, it has Fast Food Frenzy and if that’s not a good reason then I don’t know what is.

Mario Party DS has Camera Shy, which is a very amazing minigame.

Kokoro said:
In fact, Mario Party 8 is my favorite Mario Party game. I'm not sure how many people would choose that as their favorite.
, Mario Party 8 won that poll for favorite Mario Party. I'd take it with a grain of salt, but you're far from the only one who believes Mario Party 8 is the best. Personally, I think it's the worst one for that generation from Mario Party 4-DS, but whatever.

It felt like the most "we farted this out so that the wii has a launch window game" in the series

I appreciate Mario Party 8 as the final console Mario Party to create new characters or use non-standard designs for NPC roles, with MC Ballyhoo and his prototype Cappy. As well as being the final one to use the traditional gameplay style until Super (which I did enjoy but I also think it needed more boards).

To be fair I don't think anyone expected that kind of game from ND, so I am thankful for one.

Lord Fawful DX said:
I appreciate Mario Party 8 as the final console Mario Party to create new characters or use non-standard designs for NPC roles, with MC Ballyhoo and his prototype Cappy. As well as being the final one to use the traditional gameplay style until Super (which I did enjoy but I also think it needed more boards).

But Ballyhoo is terrible.

Yeah I also prefer him over the colored Toads, he had more of a personality than them and spiced up the dialogue which is more than what I could say for Blue Toad. Toadsworth was a pretty neat host as well, if they had to rely on established characters. I REALLY dislike them resorting to using Toad and Toadette as hosts than playable characters though, would actually rather they stuck with a colored Toad for that one.

Ballyhoo does not suck, and he is super mockable, so that's all good.

The character voices in Mario Party 8 are top notch.

It's as awful as ever (Yoshi's "BOO" and that weird raspy spazzing noise he makes as the other taunt followed by a "roo roo" are just NO), but Nintendo thought they were amazing because Yoshi's fall noise has been reused in virtually every game since.

Mcmadness said:
WELCOME TO THE STAR CARNIVAL!

OBLAHEAR!

SCHOO NOO!

HA HA!

HELLO! SEE YA!!!

HAR HAR HAR!!111!!1!!!

I still think we should get Rosalina as a Mario Party hostess even if that means she loses her playable role for a single game.

I guess this is not a very popular opinion as well: I don't like Daisy's look. :daisy:

No offense, I like Daisy's character and personality of course. But I can relate to some of her haters opinion: she, in early time, was pretty much just Peach's 2P color skin. Despite her look gets more disctincitve in GCN, her outfit her redesign doesn't really change.

I know her protoype design was already like this in her origin game Mario Land, just based on her homeland was a dessert, she could had been given a more exotic dress an look. Such as, some kind of bedlah pants like other video game characters Shantae or Pullum from Capcom.

Still I doubt Nintendo would do any significant change in Daisy's design or just regular outfit nowadays, unless Nintendo surprises us with a new mainstream Mario 3D game using Sarasaland as background.

it's 4 places based off real world locations

Kokoro said:

8 is my 2nd top favorite Mario Party, after 7

Also, I like Mario Party 10 more than 9

Back