Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mario Galaxy looks dated now. I think that Mario and Sonic 2012 game has way better graphics lol.

Like some people say the game looks like it came out of the ps3. It looks good, but seriously?

I remember being blown away by some of the screenshots of it in Nintendo Power Magazine way back in the day.

I don't think it unpopular to say that the graphics for Mario Galaxy are dated. Seen that thing said by many people.

It is unpopular to say they look phenomenal though, which I sincerely think they still do... even if bias kinda plays a bit of a role into making me say that, but still, I enjoy how it looks.

No way in hell Super Mario Galaxy has PS3 graphics effing lol. I've played my share of Uncharted and I know Galaxy is nowhere near that level.

Galaxy looks nice but don't pretend it's phenomenal. You can't say "gameplay over graphics" to disparage the other consoles and then say "Mario games look amazing".

I do agree Mario and Sonic is better and their model quality is far nicer too. Mario doesn't look that great in Galaxy either.

Eh.

Just my unpopular opinion. I do realize some problems with how the textures are mapped over some surfaces while playing, but it really doesn't take away from the experience, so much so that I practically don't even see them as much of a big deal as other people do.

There's also the gap between our knowledges on the subject of 3D modeling...

Pheromosa said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Bowser Party in Mario Party 10 isn't as horribly unbalanced as some say it is towards the 1 player?
It's not terribly unbalanced, but it's enough to be noticeable. But that's what makes Bowser Party so fun. You're not a proper villain unless you have the upper hand.

No, however you do in either mode is really just dependent on the game's mood.

When it comes to winning in Mario Party I have but one thing to say.

B8e94lFCAAAoA7g.png:large

Kokoro said:
Super Mario Sunshine isn't underrated. If anything, it's overrated these days.
If people like Sunshine, they're not really evaluating it on their experience with red coin spam, blue coin design, Blooper surfing, Panchinko level, toxic Lily pad, roller coaster balloon gallery, or that level with the boat and lava.

I don't think Sunshine needs a direct sequel but maybe a snazzy Switch remake with Odyssey style visuals, Splatoon-esque gyro aiming controls for F.L.U.D.D. and unlockable Luigi as a 100% completion bonus would be pretty cool.

Considering that Sunshine is the only mainline Mario game that has yet to see a digital release, I'd say that getting it on Switch should be high priority. A full remake would be preferable so it could fix some of the game's flaws, like maybe fixing the flawed Blue Coin system.

Shygul said:
i just want gamecube games to be easily obtainable tbh

they already are

Baby Luigi said:
Shygul said:
i just want gamecube games to be easily obtainable tbh

they already are
Depends on what you call "easily obtainable". They're not particularly rare, but they're more expensive than Wii games for some reason.

But if you're trying to find an old SNES cart of Earthbound or Kirby 3 then GCN games will look cheap in comparison.

He didn't say whether it's legal or not.

If you get my

MK8-Line-Mario-Drift.gif

Okay.

Mario_%28Pipe%29_-_Super_Mario_Sticker.gif

Mario_%28Defeated%29_-_Super_Mario_Sticker.gif

Back