Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I liked King Koopa. He was really hideous but had some funny lines.

He was also some sort of K. Rool predecessor with all the alias changing, cruelty and saying everything with the letter K, even if K. Rool does all that better.

He also looked like a DragonTales reject.

It's cute, but it's nonsensical and unintuitive. You want a UI that's convenient and useful first rather than have people waste time shaking stuff up.

The only problem I had with it was that some of the transformations didn't make any sense. The Arrow transforming into a Checkpoint, and P-Switch transforming into the Key are two of the weirdest examples.

Yeah, are we just supposed memorize where each is? Just imagine trying to hunt for checkpoint, not finding it before realizing you have to shake something. Ugh.

Ashley is just generic waif crap.

In a world as wacky as Warioware her straight faced attitude, while technically setting her apart, just makes her all the more boring from her crazy counterparts.

I swear the day she ever gets her own series I quit.

I don't know what I'm quitting but I'll quit it.

Her song is, for once, a song with lyrics that I actually really like.

If anything Jump up Super Star and the lyrics version of Lifelight I find very overrated, and in the case of the former, unbearable to me.

If having a good theme song made characters worth a crap I'd like a lot more wrestlers than I do.

Well, I'm not gonna argue music since that is the most subjective thing out there.

I mean I don't really care about Ashley herself.

I just like the song, is all.

Break Free Lead the Way is not great. Decent, but not great.

Ashley's song is fine, just the Brawl version just isn't... good

Mario Party X said:

Ashley's song is fine, just the Brawl version just isn't... good
Oh, is that the Brawl remix I've been hearing then? Maybe the original isn't that bad, then. But coming from the Smash game with the best soundtrack in the whole series, I'm a bit disappointed.

Yeah, that version with the singing and shrieking clearly post-pubescent woman is the Brawl incarnation. The Japanese variation is a little better because at least the singer sounds like she's a girl and not some woman in her mid-20s.

Saltman said:
I demand an explanation for why people love Ashley so much.

Can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Mario Party X said:

The instrumentation is decent and bubbly, but the singer sounds like she's really really bored singing it. The energy level is almost like she's sleeping while singing.

So

instrumentation: B
vocals: D

even the japanese version the singer sounds bored singing it

Back