Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Princess Mario said:
As long as your PC isn't a potato, that is.
My computer is the slowest thing on earth. I used to play games on it, but it was a nightmare.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
My computer is the slowest thing on earth. I used to play games on it, but it was a nightmare.

*someone saying that when my computer exists*

T H I N K A G A I N , S O N !

Mcmadness said:
I liked Pauline before it was cool.
I started liking Pauline when I decided to give her a supporting role in a fic I'm writing. That was way back in 2013.
Does that count as before it was cool?
Princess Mario said:
Peach Daisy Rosalina and Pauline are all kind of boring to me.
SpaceDuel.png

I hope that Daisy appears more often in the Super Mario games now that she has had a playable role in the latest Smash Bros.

You might think it's popular, but I feel it's unpopular because we still have a general disdain for Daisy even here.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I hope that Daisy appears more often in the Super Mario games now that she has had a playable role in the latest Smash Bros.

You might think it's popular, but I feel it's unpopular because we still have a general disdain for Daisy even here.

Thank you for reading.
I hope so too.

But she really needs to show her Mario Strikers side. Mario Strikers Charged nailed her IMO. Everything else.... eh....

J & Siph said:
SpaceDonkey.png

I'd actually wanted to post a screenshot of Twila saying that "an evening duel is about to begin" but wouldn't you know it, such a screenshot does not exist. The internet has ruined my chance at a joke once again.

Mario Kart 8/Deluxe's soundtrack is very lackluster.

I feel MK8/D's track designs became bland and simple non-Mario world themes. Where's my cartoony-tracks go (MKDD/W)????

I like Spike.

Mario Tennis Aces are an okay game.

I like Mario Party 4's extra modes.

What, Dolphin Shoals, Cloudtop Cruise, Twisted Mansion, Thwomp Ruins, Bone-Dry Dunes, and Water Park aren't Mario-themed enough? I thought they were quite obviously Mario.

I mean, compared to tracks like "Daisy suddenly owns a boat" and "DK has a ski resort"

Russian Baby Luigi said:
What, Dolphin Shoals, Cloudtop Cruise, Twisted Mansion, Thwomp Ruins, Bone-Dry Dunes, and Water Park aren't Mario-themed enough? I thought they were quite obviously Mario.

I mean, compared to tracks like "Daisy suddenly owns a boat" and "DK has a ski resort"
I don't know, but I just feel that way that I don't feel mario-themed enough on several tracks.

CamTro said:
I like Spike.
I didn't really think that liking Spike was unpopular, I quite like him too, he's weirdly cute. I really like the way that he spits out the ball to serve in Mario Tennis Aces.

I think the popular opinion about Spike is to not give a hell about him

CamTro said:
I feel MK8/D's track designs became bland and simple non-Mario world themes. Where's my cartoony-tracks go (MKDD/W)????
Actually, MK: DD was the last to have the cartoony look, if you look at MKW - bar the retro tracks which had the original style - it already had the modern style without eyes everywhere.

I think that Mario Party original characters deserve to branch out into other Mario series. A lot of the time the RPG characters are the ones that many people want to see in a different series, but I feel Party has interesting characters also, such as Brighton and Twila, and the Millennium Star (and of course Tumble).

Russian Baby Luigi said:

Interesting thought, since Mario Kart 64 is the start of race tracks named after Mario characters, whereas Mario Kart 8 notably got away from that direction, with Mount Wario being the only course to be named after the character. (Yes, Mario Circuit and Bowser Castle are always there, but they are basically tradition at this point)

I do wish we have more Waluigi themed courses, since his two existing courses are very fun, especially Pinball.

Thank you for reading.

Toad Harbor isn't a track themed after Toad, it's just a place inhabited by them since it's located in the Mushroom Kingdom, just like Toad Town.

Well same deal with Yoshi Valley and its "Wild" Yoshi Sanctuary.

winstein said:
I think that Mario Party original characters deserve to branch out into other Mario series. A lot of the time the RPG characters are the ones that many people want to see in a different series, but I feel Party has interesting characters also, such as Brighton and Twila, and the Millennium Star (and of course Tumble).
And MC Ballyhoo + Prototype Cappy :P

That's my only issue I've seen with Super Mario Party so far. They brought back the old gameplay but what about the unique characters from the old MP games?

Mario > Luigi

Master of Dimensions said:
Game Theory: Has Luigi been Mario the whole time?
"By looking at how Luigi is usually absent in the 3D games (and irrelevant to the story when he is present) we can say that Mario is merely a split-personality of Luigi!
But hey, that's just a theory!"

Back