Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I can see your point. On the other hand, the choice was running out and collecting the Beanstar pieces herself or getting the bros to do it, which only requires kidnapping Peach (and Peach gets kidnapped as soon as the bros turn their backs during the desert section) so it was an easy choice there.
That isn't the first time Cackletta gets the bros to do her dirty work either. She disguises herself as the Beanbean Minister/assistant and gets the bros to deactivate the Beanstar's security systems. She even attacked the town earlier in the game so that isn't new either, she just now has a superweapon.

Trunks Mario said:
Camwoodstock said:
Speaking of which, I don't really mind Pink Gold Peach. My only real frustration is the whole "pink gold" thing, and it's only because my nitpicky brain gets frustrated by the whole "how can something be pink and gold?" paradox.
Gold can come in several different colors, not just shades of yellow but also blue, black, and, of course, pink.
I had a lot of fun with that for one of my posts on the "Create a 20 Character Roster" thread.

ThatGuy62 said:
I can see your point. On the other hand, the choice was running out and collecting the Beanstar pieces herself or getting the bros to do it, which only requires kidnapping Peach (and Peach gets kidnapped as soon as the bros turn their backs during the desert section) so it was an easy choice there.
That isn't the first time Cackletta gets the bros to do her dirty work either. She disguises herself as the Beanbean Minister/assistant and gets the bros to deactivate the Beanstar's security systems. She even attacked the town earlier in the game so that isn't new either, she just now has a superweapon.

I just don't think it added anything by fusing her with Bowser other than turning her into Bowser lite.

In general I prefer the first half of that game way more than the 2nd half.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I like how Iggy, Larry and Lemmy are tied (and are the most similar to each other IMO, just like Morton and Roy)
+1 for referencing SMB3
KoopalingsNES.gif

still, as far as the current games go, I'd say that there's a little detail about Morton that cannot be really overlooked...
PMCS_Morton_Wand.png
PMCS_Roy_Wand.png

They apparently traded wands.

They've had those wands since the NES manual days though.

Mister Wu said:
The feeling when I'm talking about Morton's dark skin and people look at the wand...
To be fair, the rest of the Koopalings have messed up skin tones too.

ThatGuy62 said:

Look at their sprites.

ThatGuy62 said:
Mister Wu said:
The feeling when I'm talking about Morton's dark skin and people look at the wand...
To be fair, the rest of the Koopalings have messed up skin tones too.
Mcmadness said:
ThatGuy62 said:

Look at their sprites.
Yeah, the sprites of SMB3 led inaccuracy to the next level...

I don't know if that's unppopular or not, but if they go with an hand drawn (vector or pixel art) 2D Mario game I don't think it should have 16-bit like graphics like Sonic Mania, but rather a modern look like the current 2D vector artwork. Then they can recreate the style with those dome-shaped mountains having eyes et al., but at least having characters that look like their artwork should be the bare minimum...

I've seen people ask for that too. The dream, for me, is Wario Land Shake It-tier graphics. It'd be spectacular.

ThatGuy62 said:
I've seen people ask for that too. The dream, for me, is Wario Land Shake It-tier graphics. It'd be spectacular.
Yeah I've been hoping for that ever since Shake It was revealed. I love the Wario Land series but a main 2D Mario platformer that actually took the familiar Yoichi Kotabe art style and animated it would be a dream.

At least there's obscure manga that exists that show this hypothetical style. :(

I like both though I do lean more towards the grey ones.

I like the blue ones mostly because of how stupid they look.

Back when Super Mario 64 provided the newest take on what a Thwomp look like, Mario Party ran with this look even through the GameCube era. It's funny to see the Thwomps still looking like blue blocks (even through Mario Party 8!). Even the "The Great Deflate" minigame never shed that Thwomp look entirely:

120px-Top100GreatDeflate.jpg

Now for an unpopular opinion on my behalf: I hope that a new Mario Kart will avoid using Thwomps altogether in every course. Mario Kart 8 almost had that since its Bowser Castle notably lack Thwomps in any form, but unfortunately, there's a course called Thwomp Ruins, which is as its name suggests, Thowmp-based. Not that they are terrible, but some new faces could do (I would even take a Whomp, should you suggest that).

Thank you for reading.

I would imagine the N64 thwomps reappearing as a variety of the regular one if they could make it that they are part of a ceiling and that one random block can turn out to be a Thwomp.

I'm positive I've actually posted an unpopular opinion of mine here before, but I might as well mention another while I'm at it.

I actually think Pink Gold Peach is an okay character, mostly because of my stance on the stock-partner characters, like Waluigi and Toadette.

I also think that Metal Mario is actually pretty unique compared to Mario's other doppelganger rivals, the cosmic clones notwithstanding.

Back