Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Why so?

Plumber Peach said:
Especially the part with the flipping platforms. I only managed to get past that with the help of Co-star luma.
I cleared the entire thing without a co-star luma! Bwa ha ha ha!

Luigi 64DD said:
Plumber Peach said:
Especially the part with the flipping platforms. I only managed to get past that with the help of Co-star luma.
I cleared the entire thing without a co-star luma! Bwa ha ha ha!

I have an excuse... I was too lazy to do it all over again!

LeftyGreenMario said:

The boards, while their background looks great, are offset by the ugly metal platform the players play on that doesn't fit aestethically with the background.

Chance Time is now even more ridiculous.

The turns sometimes takes a while to finish, especially if a Bowser minigame happens. I think this game is overall the slowest gameplay-wise of the original 8.

The item system is pretty weak, and the Magic Lamp is so common and the Gaddlight is near non-existent, at least from my experience with the game.

While many of the minigames are good, there are some bad ones such as Candlelight Flight, Right Oar Left?, Cheep Cheep Sweep and sometimes, Bowser's Bigger Blast. I know this can be fixed with the Custom pack, but still.

I never found Tuxie annoying.

I DID drop her off the stage once, just because I was curious what her mother would do. Would she take away my star? Would she kill me? I had to know!
I was a little disappointed when nothing happened.

I remember putting her on the gondola and watching her walk to the front of it like an idiot while the gondola is moving. I think she eventually falls off. There were a few times I went off the gondola and watched her, from a distance, fall off like a rock.

color splash is the best paper mario experience since 2004.

...oh May you explain your reasoning.

Like I will agree it's not a bad game. I have enjoyed it so far, but it is somewhat boring in certain areas. Music and visuals are great though.

YoshiGo99 said:
...oh May you explain your reasoning.

Like I will agree it's not a bad game. I have enjoyed it so far, but it is somewhat boring in certain areas. Music and visuals are great though.

I absolutely hated the third game and the one after that was mediocre.

Actually, I think that too. I keep falling even on 150cc. I have never tried the course in 200cc, but seeing how I don't do that well in 150cc...

Of Bowser's boards in the Mario Party series, I think Bowser Nightmare has the best design and Bowser's Enchanted Inferno and Bowser's Warped Orbit has the best music.

Princess Zelda said:
Not sure if this is unpopular, but I think Wii U Rainbow Road is the hardest course on 200cc.

3DS Neo Bowser City is also quite infamous in 200cc. You actually want to avoid executing full power mini-turbos at the s-shaped portion of the track, or else you'll most likely fall off the track.

MnSG said:
3DS Neo Bowser City is also quite infamous in 200cc. You actually want to avoid executing full power mini-turbos at the s-shaped portion of the track, or else you'll most likely fall off the track.

It does depend somewhat on what you are using though. I can handle that S-curve on 200cc regardless of what I'm using.

In the first 8 home console Mario Party games, I don't mind that Donkey Kong is only fully playable in MP1-4 and has his own space in MP5-8. In fact, I actually like it.

Mario Party didn't get bad with 9. It was always terrible.

GPM1000 said:
I like SPM and don't really like MKW.

Finally, someone who agrees with me on MKW! For some reason almost everyone I talk to thinks MKW is the best there is. Around here not so much but that mostly comes from a Discord server I'm on.

Back