Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Look, until Mr I gets his own game, nobody else should be getting any spin offs.

Any small bit of interest I may have once had in a Daisy game has been gone for a while, so if that becomes a thing it would have to surprise me for me to care.

Waluigi though, now that I'd like to see.

Mcmadness said:
Look, until Mr I gets his own game, nobody else should be getting any spin offs.
But he does. He serves as Mario's guiding eye.

Time Turner said:
idifman said:
Baby Luigi said:
Neither Super Mario Bros. 3 nor Super Mario World can compare to Super Mario Bros. 2 USA.

You mean doki doki panic, correct?
Doki Doki Panic was the template for Super Mario Bros. 2. They're otherwise separate games.

Still not a mario game. Lost levels is actually Super Mario bros 2.

Super Mario Bros. 2 is a Mario game no matter its origins.

I... think so.

This confusion really needs to be cleared up at Mayro Kiwi.

Supreme Commander Fawful of the Digital Candy Troll Kingdom said:
Actually wasn't Doki Doki Panic designed as a Mario game, then changed to not a Mario game, then changed back into SMB2 USA?
I think it was a rumor that it had originally been a Mario game in the first place, but never confirmed.

Time Turner said:
Luigi 64DD said:
Actually wasn't Doki Doki Panic designed as a Mario game, then changed to not a Mario game, then changed back into SMB2 USA?
I think it was a rumor that it had originally been a Mario game in the first place, but never confirmed.
citation
Nevermind, then. FTG is indeed correct.

Since we already have the M&L series for RPG goodness, I'd rather the Paper Mario series convert into Paper Kirby.

Mario isn't Mario enough.

GmanSir said:
Since we already have the M&L series for RPG goodness, I'd rather the Paper Mario series convert into Paper Kirby.
Or just give Kirby his own unique RPG series instead of ripping off the classic Paper Mario formula.

I want AlphaDream to take over the Paper Mario series so they can work on more than just Mario & Luigi and so Intelligent Systems can focus on Fire Emblem which they clearly care more about anyway, and other series that they've been neglecting.

That first NSMB game on the DS is still tight as fuck.

I'd rather have that too, but she's playable now, so that gig's already up.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Doki Doki Panic one, not lost levels one.) is my favorite 2D Mario game.

Or just give Kirby his own unique RPG series instead of ripping off the classic Paper Mario formula.

I want AlphaDream to take over the Paper Mario series so they can work on more than just Mario & Luigi and so Intelligent Systems can focus on Fire Emblem which they clearly care more about anyway, and other series that they've been neglecting.
I just don't see the need for two separate Mario RPG series. I will gladly take them, but I don't be upset if one day Nintendo announces that, for example, the Paper Mario series would come to its end. Not every video game franchise needs endless sequels.

Back