Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mario Party 1 has the best item system.

You buy something from Bowser, it doesn't do anything and he takes your money and laughs at you.

Mario Party 3 has the Bowser Phone which is the best item in the Mario Party franchise

But I love the Zap Orb a bunch too.

You don't need expensive tools to make and animate great sprites. Unlike 3D models (though you can use Blender...). I say it's pretty much both.

I wouldn't mind if every Mario Kart from now on was just an expanded version of Mario Kart 8 with balance changes.

Auburn S said:
I wouldn't mind if every Mario Kart from now on was just an expanded version of Mario Kart 8 with balance changes.

But then we'd have to suffer through PGP again.

Bob McKenzie said:
Auburn S said:

But then we'd have to suffer through PGP again.

Pink Gold Peach is my main, so that would be fine with me. :pgp:

Grunty Industries said:
Auburn S said:
Pink Gold Peach is my main, so that would be fine with me. :pgp:

Yes, I've finally found another person who mains Pink Gold Peach :)
Pink Gold Peach mains unite!In the unpopular opinions thread, of course.

- TTYD is a highly annoying, mario-pandering filled game with little redeeming qualities other than it's gameplay.
- SPM has a decent plot.
- Waluigi is far more worth calling an actual character than Mario and is the second best character in the franchise.
- Bowser's backstory needs to be developed, because I hate the "oh lol he's just a bad guy" excuse for villains.
- The Super Mario Bros. Super Show was good.
- The Mario & Luigi games are overrated.
- SMRPG was the best Mario RPG.

braces for impact

TheCapeLuigi said:
- Bowser's backstory needs to be developed, because I hate the "oh lol he's just a bad guy" excuse for villains.

I don't see what's wrong with being evil for evil's sake. He's a cartoon villain for a cartoon series.

TheCapeLuigi said:
- TTYD is a highly annoying, mario-pandering filled game with little redeeming qualities other than it's gameplay.

Mario pandering?

Mcmadness said:
TheCapeLuigi said:

I don't see what's wrong with being evil for evil's sake. He's a cartoon villain for a cartoon series.

I tend to value story a lot, and I find it annoying when things are just left completely unexplained.

Mcmadness said:
TheCapeLuigi said:

Mario pandering?

I felt that the strongly out-of-character actions of Luigi, and the completely pointless-for-the-sake-of-humor Super Bowser Bros. parts were just to make Mario look better in comparison. Although, this is only a speculation of mine.

Well while I feel like Bowser shouldn't have even been in TTYD as he doesn't have anything to do with the events of the game I didn't mind Luigi's shenanigans.

And I wouldn't call Bowser's actions unexplained. He was spoiled as a child and does what he does because he's greedy, power hungry and just enjoys being evil.

Though I have to say if story is something you value a lot I'm surprised you got into Mario to begin with.

If Luigi and Bowser's out of character moments bug you that much, I'm surprised you like Super Paper Mario as much as you do.

Magikrazy said:
If Luigi and Bowser's out of character moments bug you that much, I'm surprised you like Super Paper Mario as much as you do.

I prefer Luigi being oddly brave over him being a liar, to be frank. In terms of Bowser, I'm not sure why I like SPM's so much; I guess I'm just odd like that, where I just like things for little to no reason. Or at least, there is a reason, I just don't know what.

TheCapeLuigi said:
Considering how frequently I see them bashed in favor of the "superior" Paper Mario games (just look at the comments when Risa Tabata said that the only Mario RPG series was going to be the Mario & Luigi series, or Arlo's video on the matter), I don't know if I would use the term "overrated"...

TheCapeLuigi said:
In terms of Bowser, I'm not sure why I like SPM's so much; I guess I'm just odd like that, where I just like things for little to no reason. Or at least, there is a reason, I just don't know what.

Me personally I despise SPM's rendition of Bowser.

Anybody who knows me should know why at this point.

Mcmadness said:
TheCapeLuigi said:
In terms of Bowser, I'm not sure why I like SPM's so much; I guess I'm just odd like that, where I just like things for little to no reason. Or at least, there is a reason, I just don't know what.

Me personally I despise SPM's rendition of Bowser.

Anybody who knows me should know why at this point.

Yes, I kind of assumed that was one of the reasons you actually disliked SPM as a whole. I can't criticize that, though, since TTYD's Bowser is a reason for why I don't like TTYD as a whole, either.

Mister Wu said:
TheCapeLuigi said:
Considering how frequently I see them bashed in favor of the "superior" Paper Mario games (just look at the comments when Risa Tabata said that the only Mario RPG series was going to be the Mario & Luigi series, or Arlo's video on the matter), I don't know if I would use the term "overrated"...

Really? I always saw people saying that Mario and Luigi was the better series. Although, I have to admit, I don't really know how I feel about Mario and Luigi; I thought "I think it's overrated" was the best term, but I think I'm more indifferent about it, probably. I've been considering buying a M&L game, so maybe I'll be able to see how I feel about it then.

TheCapeLuigi said:
- Waluigi is far more worth calling an actual character than Mario and is the second best character in the franchise.
braces for impact
*angrymario.jpg*

Go back to whatever hellspawn you originated from.

LeftyGreenMario said:
TheCapeLuigi said:
braces for impact
*angrymario.jpg*

Go back to whatever hellspawn you originated from.

Does that hellspawn look like this?

1UKRPP4.png

Yes. Now, go back there keep that party to yourself.

Back