Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Killing the Scuttlebugs is the best part of Hazy Maze Cave. Especially that part where they spawn and leap out of the hole on the left path; I like to sit there and kill them with a big kick before they land and rinse and repeat.

Snowman's Land sucks and my memory of it is just the stage being an absolute dick to you, from fake coins and other fake things iirc.

Ninelevendo said:
Time Turner said:
My favorite would probably be Hazy Maze Cave. The worst is definitely Snowman's Land.
Nah Hazy Cave Maze is the worst. It won't let me bring all the Scuttlebugs together for one big jamboree.
It may be possible to bring the Scuttlebugs together, but to answer that, we need to talk about parallel universes.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Oh, hai, long-dead maymay.

At least it's a reasonably good meme, unlike dumber ones like Harambe. Ugh. That meme just sucks.

Babies should not be playable in spin-offs, as they are just new models for the same character and are a waste of time to program and take up valuable character slots.

*braces self*

Turtonator said:
Babies should not be playable in spin-offs, as they are just new models for the same character and are a waste of time to program and take up valuable character slots.

*braces self*

inb4 BLOF chases you around the world!

Michael Palin said:
At least it's a reasonably good meme, unlike dumber ones like Harambe. Ugh. That meme just sucks.
"good" and "meme" don't go together.

Turtonator said:

*braces self*
"character slots" is just a term that actually doesn't exist.

The size of the character roster is usually determined pretty early in the development process, but this talk of "character slots" implies that they just fill in the roster as they go.

Otherwise, eh, an opinion is an opinion.

(don't worry BLoF, it's not my opinion, put the weapons down, it's not my opinion, i think babies are great actually)

I don't personally see what makes the babies worthy of awesomeing around, but I guess they're cute? I genuinely like Baby Mario, but I'm not crazy about him.

I like Baby Bowser. And I guess Bowser jr if that counts.

Bowser Jr. seems to be hit-or-miss to people. I see a lot of Koopaling fans who really dislike Junior and vice-versa. Of course, there are those who like both, but yeah, Bowser Jr. seems to get quite some hate in parts.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Bowser Jr. seems to be hit-or-miss to people. I see a lot of Koopaling fans who really dislike Junior and vice-versa. Of course, there are those who like both, but yeah, Bowser Jr. seems to get quite some hate in parts.

I think both of them are ok, but they are nowhere near my favorite characters.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Koopalings fans hate Bowser Jr. because he has been given a proper well developed personality and a well shown father-offspring relationship with Bowser like the Koopalings should have been given from the start - and instead now they're just minions who are there just because. Bowser Jr. fans hate the Koopalings because now their appearance is even more varied and distinguished from that of Bowser while Bowser Jr. has become a CTRL-C + CTRL-V of Baby Bowser with different bandana.

In the end Nintendo picks up Boom Boom instead for Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Run.

Block Fort sucks.

It was fun in Mario Kart 64, but in Mario Kart DS, sooooo boring.

Boss fights for the forts should probably be a bit more varied than just Boom Boom or Reznor bouts. For an idea of what I mean, here's an example to reference...

1-Fort: Boom Boom
1-Castle: Larry Koopa
2-Fort: Giant Mummipokey
2-Castle: Morton Koopa Jr.
3-Fort: Pom Pom
3-Castle: Wendy O. Koopa
3-Airship: Bowser Jr.
4-Fort 1: Reznor (x4)
4-Fort 2: Petey Piranha
4-Castle: Iggy Koopa
5-Fort 1: Boom Boom (gains wings in the rematch)
5-Fort 2: Boss Sumo Bro
5-Castle: Roy Koopa
6-Fort 1: Reznor (x6)
6-Fort 2: Chief Chilly
6-Castle: Lemmy Koopa
6-Airship: Bowser Jr.
7-Fort 1: Pom Pom (creates clones in the rematch)
7-Fort 2: Lakithunder
7-Castle: Ludwig von Koopa
8-Fort 1: Reznor (x8)
8-Fort 2: Kamek
8-Airship: Bowser Jr.
8-Castle: Bowser

Or just make boss fights more involved. None of this "jump on fartface three times and watch her suffer" crap.

Turtonator said:

*braces self*

babies should be playable in spin-offs, and if you say that they're just new models of the same character, then I guess we can also kill off bowser jr., daisy, luigi, wario, waluigi, and they're also a waste of time to program and the stuff that goes to them can easily go to other better characters.

also, we should scrap shy guy because he's easy to model, considering he has no fingers and all and that some moron on this forum likes him a lot to suggest that they remove playable babies. set shy guy on fire or something, he doesn't deserve to be there

i actually like shy guy, btw

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't personally see what makes the babies worthy of awesomeing around, but I guess they're cute? I genuinely like Baby Mario, but I'm not crazy about him.

you say that, yet you fangasm over who one of the most boring characters in the mario series

Baby Luigi said:
you say that, yet you fangasm over who one of the most boring characters in the mario series
As opposed to a mere baby who just sits and gets kidnapped?

he at least is very cute and adorable while he gets kidnapped

Mario flies for you and makes jokes about LifeAlert.

Baby Luigi doesn't.

You lose.

i personally don't give a shit about mario doing pretty much anything unless it's baby luigi-related so

eh

I don't have to give a hoot about Baby Luigi doing pretty much anything because he doesn't do pretty much anything.

and that's why his adult self wins by doing nothing

check and mate.

For someone who tries to take major pains into differentiating Baby Luigi and Luggy into two independent entities, you sure are keeping committed to it.

i take major pains to make them the same character only when it benefits baby luigi further in the end. i ignore everything else.

Back