Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Maybe Piantas are colorblind?

Even if they're colorblind, they should at least distinguish between a watery, mono-toned Mario and an organic, poly-toned Mario

And you often wonder why Nokis are only seen at certain parts of Isle Delfino. The Nokis are clearly more intelligent than the Piantas, as they seem to know that Mario is innocent, and not the one who has been vandalizing the island.

MnSG said:
And you often wonder why Nokis are only seen at certain parts of Isle Delfino. The Nokis are clearly more intelligent than the Piantas, as they seem to know that Mario is innocent, and not the one who has been vandalizing the island.

I wonder that too. And of course, they're smarter than the Piantas.

Maybe those parts of Isle Delfino is better suited for them than others.

ArthurEngine said:
And also, how is it that the Piantas can't tell the difference between Mario and Shadow Mario? I mean Shadow Mario is transparent blue all over with glowing red eyes, and Mario, as we all know, isn't transparent in any colour. The more I think about it, the more I believe the Piantas make Donkey Kong look like Einstein by comparison.
They can, they just don't want the other Piantas to think they're racist.
ArthurEngine said:
These days, I feel Delfino deserved to get covered in that icky paint-like goop.
Don't blame the Isle for the sins of her dull inhabitants.
ArthurEngine said:
Plus, why didn't Peach just jump out Mecha Bowser when Shadow Mario revealed himself to be Baby Bowser in disguise instead of listening to his story?
What would stop Bowser Jr. from just grabbing her again?
ArthurEngine said:
And when Baby Bowser called Peach "Mama Peach", my reaction was "I don't see any resemblance!"
You think he cares? Peach is pretty much the only adult female he grew up with, so he naturally considers her to be his Mama. Even after he reveals he knows she's not really his Mama, he'll still refer to her as such occasionally, like in Superstar Baseball.
ArthurEngine said:
And to add to this, I always thought the Boos along with King Boo looked weird in this game. Strange eyes, only a few teeth, and drooling tongues.
Definitely. Maybe that's what Pianta souls look like.

Babies come from storks anyhow so it's not like there needs to be some kind of visual resemblance.

I sometimes wish Mario elicits much more satisfying reactions. Much ruder reactions. Rather than staring into space and gaping.

Just eff it, imagine Bowser not getting dialogue and that shit. Now imagine that happening all the time, and the only time he gets dialogue is when the little kids talk with his voice actor and he sounds AWESOME.

SMK's Rainbow Road music is easily the worst in the series, I don't understand how anyone could enjoy it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I sometimes wish Mario elicits much more satisfying reactions. Much ruder reactions. Rather than staring into space and gaping.

Just eff it, imagine Bowser not getting dialogue and that shit. Now imagine that happening all the time, and the only time he gets dialogue is when the little kids talk with his voice actor and he sounds AWESOME.

yes YES mario really needs a defined personality rather thne yahoos or waha!

i watched bsc's luigis mansion dark moon commentary and at the end you could hear mario speak at least a full sentence and i was like WOW THAT WAS GREAT and honestly id appreciate mario way more if we had more of that.

I dunno, Mario to me always felt like those characters that should speak less and emote more.

The Pyro Guy said:
SMK's Rainbow Road music is easily the worst in the series, I don't understand how anyone could enjoy it.

It's the same seven notes for basically 80% of the song.

Mcmadness said:
I dunno, Mario to me always felt like those characters that should speak less and emote more.

idk man i loved it, it was so wild, new and refreshing and really i want more of it.

After his basketball interview I'm not so sure I want to hear more of it.

The Pyro Guy said:
I dislike it too. Highly repetitive and I've described it as "tainted". It's my funny way of describing a particular... er, style of music. Not necessarily bad, but yeah.

Mcmadness said:
whaddya mean?

What I mean is that, say, if Bowser Jr.'s all, "Leave my mama alone you bad man!" Mario would be like "Sigh, well, if Peach's your mama, let her speak for herself. Sure she has a good grasp on the English language, better than me. (laughs)" Or you can make him kind, but naive and oblivious. "And I'm here to rescue her from Bowser. So please, you two can come down. That machine looks dangerous and I want neither of you to be hurt." Or Mario's can be "lolwut" and then starts laughing. "YOU? Your mama! That's the best-a joke! You funny! Come down now and let me have Peach or I'll get her myself! (laughs)".

I don't care if it's cheesy as hell, it's better than nothing and I can mock it all day.

Mcmadness said:
After his basketball interview I'm not so sure I want to hear more of it.
That's scripted, but when he's just chatting with the kids, it's probably more bearable.

But what about Fortune Street?

LeftyGreenMario said:
The Pyro Guy said:
I dislike it too. Highly repetitive and I've described it as "tainted". It's my funny way of describing a particular... er, style of music. Not necessarily bad, but yeah.

Battle Mode is actually a short loop, and listening to the Title Screen for too long would likely drive someone insane. Regardless, there's a lot of people who like SMK's Rainbow Road, and even the composer said it was her favorite song she made up to that point, I believe.

I just don't like hearing his voice in anything beyond small phrases.

Which is why I think he should be expressive to make up for it, like an old cartoon.

Sure, do even something like Gromit or that monkey holding cards in Pirates. Would still give him a lot of charm.

I still loooove hearing him talk though. I still think the reason you didn't like it is just that you're not accustomed to it. It's Nintendo's fault.

Genuinely, my dream Nintendo game would be Wario in a Zelda title (either Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Wind Waker to be exact). Have the plot and characters be the same, but Wario is the lead and would react to his surroundings like you would expect him to.

Just thought of some more.

-I prefer Bowser's Gamecube-era voice over his current monster-like voice.

-I enjoy Capt'n Toad Treasure Tracker. Nice to see Toad having his own game and have Toadette star too.

-I prefer Daisy's Gamecube-era onward design over her old design. The way she looks now, not too similar to Peach. I thought her old design was kind of.....plain.

-I prefer the voice Donkey Kong had from Donkey Kong 64 to Mario versus Donkey Kong over his current voice. Makes him sound cooler.

-I find the controversy over Birdo's gender funny.

-I always thought Daisy's voice from Mario Party 3-5 was, though cute, a bit weird. I mean, when she gets hurt, ends up falling down or sent blasting off by an explosion, her scream sounds like a siren.

-I think Rosalina could be Peach's mother.

ArthurEngine said:
At first I thought you said Peach could be Rosalina's mother and I was like, "NO. NOT THAT THEORY!" But than I saw what you really said and I was like, "That's much more reasonable." I once heard a different theory that Rosalina was Peach's mother and Toadsworth was her father and I was like, "Ehh... I don't think so."

Luigi 64DD said:
ArthurEngine said:
At first I thought you said Peach could be Rosalina's mother and I was like, "NO. NOT THAT THEORY!" But than I saw what you really said and I was like, "That's much more reasonable." I once heard a different theory that Rosalina was Peach's mother and Toadsworth was her father and I was like, "Ehh... I don't think so."

This theory of mine came to mind when I remembered that Rosalina is taller than Peach and looks like an older version of the princess in the vibrant pink gown.

Luigi 64DD said:
ArthurEngine said:

That is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard all day, especially considering Toadsworth and Peach's father-daughter-ish relationship from what I've seen. Also, can toads and humans even reproduce? I'm pretty sure that's completely impossible.

The question is, though, who would be Peach's father?

Back