Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Not to mention, they blatantly recycled ideas and entire levels.

Zae Eildus said:
like horse *bleep* with green stars, jesus christ thats so *bleep*ing lazy.
I don't really see how Green Stars are lazier than making you replay the entire game twice with hardly any difference.

Ninelevendo said:
Zae Eildus said:
I don't really see how Green Stars are lazier than making you replay the entire game twice with hardly any difference.

not really sure where you're going with this but all green stars are just absolute padding.

Zae Eildus said:
Ninelevendo said:
Zae Eildus said:

not really sure where you're going with this but all green stars are just absolute padding.
he means luigi in smg
when you get all 120 stars playing as mario, you unlock luigi as a playable character, and you need to get the same 120 stars as luigi in order to get to grand finale galaxy, the last level in the game and needed for 100% completion
the thing is there's almost zero difference between playing as mario and playing as luigi. aside from their different individual physics, the only real change is that the cosmic clones are harder with luigi

Zae Eildus said:
Ninelevendo said:
Zae Eildus said:

Well yeah, it's giving you a slightly annoying reason to replay every level to reach the final final level.

Super Luigi Galaxy is basically the same idea but there's no difference, unlike Green Stars which are hidden and can occasionally be a challenge to find.

Still both games could have done without either of them and Green Stars/Luigi Galaxy are better than the other for some things but I consider them both pretty lazy attempts at padding, so I don't think all hate should go towards one particular mode.

Edit:Yeah I probably could have explained what I meant better thanks LB

oh yeah ive always thought super luigi galaxy is total horseshit, i mean im not really a big galaxy player mind you, but the fact that you just have a character do the exact samething mario did is LOL

kinda reminds me of that fucking dreadful reverse castle in sotn

ugh i hate lazy ass crap like that, infuriates me to no end.

LeftyGreenMario said:
sig said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is best game and you are wrong if you think otherwise.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a massively overrated uninspired cash grab with wasted potential.

1. I don't know if you knew this already, but the latter half of my signature is sarcastic.
2. How is Galaxy 2 a cash grab?

i wonder if this goes unpopular;

i dont think there are many good 3d mario games and generally prefer the 2d mario games instead.

Kaska said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
sig said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a massively overrated uninspired cash grab with wasted potential.

1. I don't know if you knew this already, but the latter half of my signature is sarcastic.
LGM (and BLOF) both view the game as a cash grab because it blatantly copies Mario Galaxy 1 in a lot of aspects (which is true) and doesn't do anything to make it new, just inserting Yoshi and making it essentially an expansion pack for the same price instead of an entirely new game like they could have done, making it a cheap way to make a game that everyone will want to play.

Zae Eildus said:
i wonder if this goes unpopular;

i dont think there are many good 3d mario games and generally prefer the 2d mario games instead.
Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World are good, Galaxy 1 is great, the rest are bleh.

The 2D ones don't really impress me either.

i i love smb1-world so

of course that doesnt include lost levels

Ninelevendo said:
Kaska said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
sig said:

LGM (and BLOF) both view the game as a cash grab because it blatantly copies Mario Galaxy 1 in a lot of aspects (which is true) and doesn't do anything to make it new, just inserting Yoshi and making it essentially an expansion pack for the same price instead of an entirely new game like they could have done, making it a cheap way to make a game that everyone will want to play.

It is true that Galaxy 2 is incredibly similiar to Galaxy 1, but I personally wouldn't call it a cash grab.

i think the auto scrolling levels in mario games are pretty neat and intense.

I don't really *hate* autoscroll levels. Besides, at least there isn't really a time limit to be worried about much.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't really *hate* autoscroll levels. Besides, at least there isn't really a time limit to be worried about much.

What I find funny about autoscrolling courses is that there's still a good amount of time left on the timer by the time you reach the goal.

Auto-scrollers are ok not bad but not the best levels.

auto scroll levels can be good in some case. I kinda like the ones where the auto scrolling is physically represented by a creature of some kind.

It really depends on the level. If it's scrolling so fast you hardly have time to react then I wouldn't like it but otherwise I don't mind. Automatic levels on the other hand...

Deinosuchus said:
In Mario Kart Wii, I find the POW Block more annoying than the Spiny Shell.

Well it does mess you up whenever you're trying to take those sharp turns.

MnSG said:
Deinosuchus said:
In Mario Kart Wii, I find the POW Block more annoying than the Spiny Shell.

Well it does mess you up whenever you're trying to take those sharp turns.

While I do find that annoying, the main reason why I find it more annoying than the Spiny Shell is because you lose whatever item you are holding, unless you are in midair.

but the spiny shell also causes you to lose the item you're holding...?

Deinosuchus said:
While I do find that annoying, the main reason why I find it more annoying than the Spiny Shell is because you lose whatever item you are holding, unless you are in midair.

The Spiny Shell also leaves you itemless in Mario Kart Wii.

Back