Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I also find all of them enjoyable

At the time my friends and I were having a blast playing the DKC games, they were one of our top priorities when it comes to pretty-much-single-player games on the SNES (the other was the Super Mario games, of course, with Yoshi's Island being particularly popular too).

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but Super Mario Sunshine's voice acting is actually pretty good and fits the world of Mario perfectly. (As in, wacky and charmingly corny)

FrozenDragon150 said:
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but Super Mario Sunshine's voice acting is actually pretty good and fits the world of Mario perfectly. (As in, wacky and charmingly corny)

honestly the only voice i found remotely bad was bowser jr.s as sometimes it seems a bit too squeaky at times.

FrozenDragon150 said:

I love Bowser's "How DARE you ruin my family vacation!" line.

FrozenDragon150 said:

I agree it sounds appropriate, with the exception of Bowser. His voice just sounds bad.

Deinosuchus said:
I like Thwomp more than Whomp.

Pretty sure that's not that unpopular.

Between the Nintendo 64 Mario Parties, I believe Mario Party 3 is better than Mario Party 2. This could partly be due to me playing the former first, but I still feel that way because it felt like an improvement over Mario Party 2. I felt that Mario Party 2 borrowed a lot from Mario Party 1, where many minigames are basically identical to the original, but that's not a bad thing due to the unpolished mechanics of the original being improved, and retaining great modes from the original (specifically the Minigame Coaster and the Minigame Board).

I thought that Mario Party 3's attempt to do many new things made it felt very unique and an overall better experience. First, it introduces two new playable characters that becomes main Mario Party playable characters. It also provides the option to speed up board games, namely moving much quicker on the board and skipping minigames played by AI characters. The amount of items has also been increased, and this means more strategy between players. Its paper aesthetic, which is likely taken from Paper Mario, gave it a distinct look.

Thanks for reading.

If you ask me, all the Mario parties are terrible games, but it's the type of terrible that is fun to play with friends.

I like Mario Party because it's the kind of game I can have on and play while only half-paying attention while I'm doing something else

i feel like mario party is the weakest scene of the mario franchise but i do enjoy mp3 from time to time.

Deinosuchus said:
I find Diddy Kong Racing more enjoyable than Mario Kart 64.

I find Diddy Kong Racing's adventure mode rather enjoyable, though the actual track design, roster and power-ups are lacking.

Diddy Kong Racing is better than Mario Kart 64 in nearly every regard.

It has an amazing soundtrack, planes (whee!) and interesting courses.

I'd say it's tracks are the weakest part of the game. Too many of them share the same basic theme due to the adventure world nature of the game. Mario Kart 64 has a much greater variety.

Planes are fun though, just a pity we also have to use those shitty hoverboats.

tbh, it's probably the music that made me think the tracks are not bland. good music really helps me enjoy the tracks more.

Baby Luigi said:
tbh, it's probably the music that made me think the tracks are not bland. good music really helps me enjoy the tracks more.

I find the tracks in Future Fun Land to be amazing just by the actual track design. The music only makes it 10x better.

Baby Luigi said:
No, I think track design is great.

Maybe Ancient Lake and Jungle Falls didn't look that great, but I loved Star City, Spaceport Alpha, Spacedust Alley, Walrus Cove, Crescent Island, to name some, and I found Mario Kart 64's tracks to be either bland or frustrating by comparison. I remember hating Banshee Boardwalk, DK Jungle, and Yoshi Valley, and I've just recently developed a very unfavorable opinion to Rainbow Road and just to that game in general.

I don't like the use of the word "trigger" though.

Yeah, when a person is "triggered" it means they are having a severe mental breakdown due to past trauma. It's not just making them mad or uncomfortable.

Back