Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I like the Goo Goo and Rattle Buggies the most. Aside from obvious reasons, there's just something satisfying about beating your opponents using a tiny baby perambulator.

I find the Boo Pipes to be a very handy kart for GP races. While the Boo Pipes's speed and acceleration are comparable to that of a lightweight kart, its weight is high enough so that it can compete with the Koopa King and Piranha Pipes without ever getting pushed back.

You hardly ever get to see heavy vehicles excel in acceleration, so it feels good that Double Dash!! has a heavyweight kart that's beginner friendly. Sadly, the Boo Pipes is unlocked very late in the game; by the time it's unlocked, you only have the All-Cup Tour Mirror Mode left to complete.

MnSG said:
Sadly, the Boo Pipes is unlocked very late in the game; by the time it's unlocked, you only have the All-Cup Tour Mirror Mode left to complete.

Maybe the developers did this to "suggest" that you used both Petey and King Boo combined with the Boo Pipes, since they can get every special item.

Speaking of a kart with high acceleration and top speed, I think the Offroader from Mario Kart Wii was also a bit beginner friendly, but it's massive size meant it was easy to get hit by an item.

Deinosuchus said:
Maybe the developers did this to "suggest" that you used both Petey and King Boo combined with the Boo Pipes, since they can get every special item.

Speaking of a kart with high acceleration and top speed, I think the Offroader from Mario Kart Wii was also a bit beginner friendly, but it's massive size meant it was easy to get hit by an item.

The Offroader has the worst drift of all karts though, so it probably isn't that friendly for beginners, despite the slightly above average acceleration.

MnSG said:
The Offroader has the worst drift of all karts though, so it probably isn't that friendly for beginners, despite the slightly above average acceleration.

Really? When I use it, it drifts pretty well probably because of the average speed and above average handling. The Jetsetter is the one vehicle I cannot use in Mario Kart Wii, despite having played the game for 8 years.

I use the Jetsetter only because I like its design

But man its stats really suck

Baby Luigi said:

Same.

Sad part is that its one of the only 2 karts that fit Rosalina that are not the Standard one. The other being the honeycoupe.

I have no choices when it comes to karts in MKwii as result

I personally find the Honeycoupe to be the best designed heavyweight kart. I like the color of King Boo's and DK's variant, and it looks hilarious when pretty much any heavyweight uses it because the kart looks too small for them.

Honeycoupe-Wario.png

Mario Kart Wii doesn't really have a huge vehicle variety especially compared to later installments.

For example, I hate half of the small bike designs: Bullet Bike, Magikruiser, and the Quacker. I just don't like using karts that look like Mario enemies + wheels attached to them like the Cheep Charger or the Dolphin Dasher.

Vehicle designs based after enemies that I do like are the Road Jetter, the Blooper spaceship in Mario Kart 8's Rainbow Road, and the Flame Runner. Especially the Road Jetter, it's badass looking plane-like vehicle, what's not to like about it.

The Honeycoupe is a best-designed heavyweight kart, mostly because I like vehicles that look like cars and planes the most.

I really like the Dolphin Dasher and the Quacker, but yeah, for lightweights it's hard finding decent bikes when you're not a freaking baby. But yeah, echoing my sister's thoughts. It's also why I really welcome karts that resemble real vehicles (or ARE real cars) like the Honeycoupe, the Wild Wing (the best kart design in the series IMO), the P-Wing, the Badwagon, and the freaking Mercedes Benz, rather than "goofy cartoony Mario ones", but exceptions exist such as the Prancer and the Wild Wiggler.

I still think the Shooting Star from Mario Kart DS is probably one of the most putrid-looking karts though.

LeftyGreenMario said:
the Wild Wing (the best kart design in the series IMO)

bleh, the P-Wing is better than the Wild Wing.

I call it "The Porsche" because I think it resembles that more than the Beetle.

The Cat Cruiser's design reminds me more of the Beetle.

Deinosuchus said:
To me, the Honeycoupe looks like a Wolkswagen Beetle that turned into a convertible and had a spoiler attached to it.
If it were actually a medium-weight Volkswagen Beetle, I'd totally drive that.

Just like any other licensed vehicle. Even the derided PT Cruiser or the Fiat Multipla.

Baby Luigi said:
I call it "The Porsche" because I think it resembles that more than the Beetle.

Well it says on the wiki that it might be based on a Porsche 911. I also like how the character's emblem is located on the "licence plate" on the back of the kart.

If the standstill mini-turbo wasn't a thing, then the Quacker probably would've received more attention. While it's not exactly a fast bike, and it's very light, the Quacker does have among the best overall statistics of any vehicle. And if Toadette uses it, her off-road bonus can raise the Quacker's off-road to a high enough level for it to drift on normal off-road terrain.

But what really feels funny is that while only the small characters can use the Cheep Charger, pretty much anyone can use the Biddybuggy.

Deinosuchus said:
Really? When I use it, it drifts pretty well probably because of the average speed and above average handling. The Jetsetter is the one vehicle I cannot use in Mario Kart Wii, despite having played the game for 8 years.

Let's just say that on the 150cc, some turns may be too much for the Offroader to handle without hitting any walls. DK's Jungle Parkway is one example to keep in mind.

However, despite having the worst drift among karts, the Offroader still does better overall than the Jetsetter.

Baby Luigi said:

Yeah the Jetsetter may be the fastest vehicle in Mario Kart Wii, but having abysmal stats for just about every stat category is just very disappointing. Arguably, the Jetsetter and Spear are the worst vehicles in the whole game, since they only really do well on simple tracks.

Ironically, the Dolphin Dasher drifts worse than the Spear, but it's actually far more viable when you consider that most of its stats are near average levels.

I use Jet Bubble, Standard Bike S, and the Bit Bike. I really like all three of those.

I like when your characters are low-pitched and you drive them off the cliff.

Wario's sad-sounding "Waaaaa!!!" is the best, hahaha.

Back