Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

even capcom, sega, and namco characters

I'm going to be completely honest... I think Super Mario 64/DS is better than both galaxies. I mean galaxy is phenomenal and I love it but sm64 feels more memorable to me. Maybe that's because I played it first/played it more but idk

I prefer sunshine to both.

Marty Mcfly said:
I'm going to be completely honest... I think Super Mario 64/DS is better than both galaxies. I mean galaxy is phenomenal and I love it but sm64 feels more memorable to me. Maybe that's because I played it first/played it more but idk

64/DS is my favorite Mario platformer.

Super Mario 64 DS is the best of the bunch.

*makes Wario drown*

Meh, I wish I can say the same thing about Yoshi's Island being my favorite 2D platformer.

Yoshi has nothing to do with it, surprisingly.

Baby Luigi said:
Meh, I wish I can say the same thing about Yoshi's Island being my favorite 2D platformer.

It's because Kamek kidnapped Baby Luigi isn't it.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

It's because Kamek kidnapped Baby Luigi isn't it.
It's because you have to kill Huffin' Puffins.

Pi said:
Dr. Mario said:
Super Mario 64 DS is the best of the bunch.

*makes Wario drown*
Is this the reason you like it? Because you can make Wario drown?
No, the reason I like it is that I can make Wario die in toxic gas.

Kamek should be in every Mario game from now on.

That being said, Kamek is a bad choice for playable role Smash 4.

Oh sure. He's better as a stage hazard or AT.

Another thing, I like the fact that modern Paper Mario actually acknowledges that they are made of paper and that the characters will get crumpled and damaged like real paper. I think it's charming and helps give things some flair.

Mcmadness said:
I have no problem with the current formula for 2D games.

It just needs new level gimmicks and power ups with some nice more visually stimulating visuals.
and some long lost enemies can do the trick.

Mettaton said:
Dr. Mario said:
That being said, Kamek is a bad choice for playable role Smash 4.

and why's that?
He just doesn't have a strong presence, IMO, and he looks too similar to any other generic enemy. Toad and Yoshi are a member of their species that look like them, too, but they're much more prominent.

If he was actually playable in Mario Kart 64 and other games, he might have an influence, but I feel he's as significant as Koopa Troopa right now.

Actually, I like Jr. because I loved Sunshine so much. And I still do, despite its flaws.

so it's sort of backwards

Back