Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mcmadness said:
Absolutely. Pity they don't have any arms. If only there was some kind of sport that didn't involve arms in anyway that they could play.

Yeaahhhhh. Like baseball for example

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
Absolutely. Pity they don't have any arms. If only there was some kind of sport that didn't involve arms in anyway that they could play.

Yeaahhhhh. Like baseball for example
Or soccer...

Doesn't anyone get tired of this "BUT GOOMBAS DON'T HAVE ARMS" argument? I know I am because refuting them takes so much wasted energy away from my fingertips typing and refuting that point.

Yes. They can play baseball and hold books (Goombella).

Plus, Boo's been playable in Mario Party ever since the fifth game despite not having legs...or a physical body...

I always say they just have invisible vectors. Like Elfen Lied, but not as sharp and murdery. Same with the Shamans in SPM and any other armless thing that can hold stuff, with some being able to stretch theirs more or less depending on the amount of energy in the species. But regular old telekinesis works too.

Walkazo said:
I always say they just have invisible vectors. Like Elfen Lied, but not as sharp and murdery. Same with the Shamans in SPM and any other armless thing that can hold stuff, with some being able to stretch theirs more or less depending on the amount of energy in the species. But regular old telekinesis works too.
Yeah, I think like that too. I call them "invisible hands" but they not literally hands. They have a particular something around them that can hold things.

-I think Super Mario Maker is a bit overrated. While the fact that you can make your own levels makes it a huge step over the NSMB series, the fact remains that the levels are the same old 2D platforming style, which I think is getting very stale. I do like the game overall, though. It's the most original Nintendo game in the entire 2010s, in my opinion.

-My one problem with Mario Kart 8 is that it's almost as bad as Sonic 06 with its loading times.

-I liked Mario Party 10. Yes, it has the same gameplay style as 9, but it has some cool new things, like an actually decent use of amiibo and Bowser Party (although it's only fun if you're playing as Bowser.)

-One of the things I liked about Super Mario 3D Land was that it didn't show points when you're playing the game, making it feel less like a cheap arcade game.

Unofficial level editors are far more appealing to me than Super Mario Maker. At least both of them i've used (SMBX and Reggie) let you play the game in multiplayer. And replace music. And characters.

Discord said:
-My one problem with Mario Kart 8 is that it's almost as bad as Sonic 06 with its loading times.
what

is your disc drive fucked up or something because i've never noticed load times in mk8 to be any different from any other game
if you bought it digitally try defragging lol

Discord said:
-I think Super Mario Maker is a bit overrated. While the fact that you can make your own levels makes it a huge step over the NSMB series, the fact remains that the levels are the same old 2D platforming style, which I think is getting very stale. I do like the game overall, though. It's the most original Nintendo game in the entire 2010s, in my opinion.

-I liked Mario Party 10. Yes, it has the same gameplay style as 9, but it has some cool new things, like an actually decent use of amiibo and Bowser Party (although it's only fun if you're playing as Bowser.)

-One of the things I liked about Super Mario 3D Land was that it didn't show points when you're playing the game, making it feel less like a cheap arcade game.
Super Mario Maker can eat *bleep*. End of story. New Super Mario Bros. > Super Mario Maker too. Screw Super Mario Maker.

For loading times, you're exaggerating. Mario Kart 8 doesn't play second-long cutscenes between loading times either.

I'm fine with your liking Mario Party 10. I'm not particularly fond of it, but I like to play its minigames.

Points and lives are dumb like always.

I have no problem with the current formula for 2D games.

It just needs new level gimmicks and power ups with some nice more visually stimulating visuals.

Smash 4's initial loading time is a while, but everything else loads fairly reasonably.

Or at least made optional, like a time trial mode.

Super Mario Bros. X has no time limits and I love it.

Baby Luigi said:
Unofficial level editors are far more appealing to me than Super Mario Maker. At least both of them i've used (SMBX and Reggie) let you play the game in multiplayer. And replace music. And characters.

What´s this Reggie? Only have tried SMBX so far.

It's a New Super Mario Bros. Wii level editor. You need an official copy of the game to use it, however.

I'm sorry about being a little bit too passionate about mods btw. Developing a mod for a game take up much of my free time.

The flexibility it offers in comparison to Super Mario Maker makes it worthwhile, IMO, although set up might be a bit tricky. Easy-to-follow tutorials exist on how to get into the New Super Mario Bros. Wii modding scene, fortunately.

Baby Luigi said:
It's a New Super Mario Bros. Wii level editor. You need an official copy of the game to use it, however.

I'm sorry about being a little bit too passionate about mods btw. Developing a mod for a game take up much of my free time.

I bet half of them are importing baby Luigi into everything

Uniju said:
Discord said:
what

is your disc drive fucked up or something because i've never noticed load times in mk8 to be any different from any other game
if you bought it digitally try defragging lol
the only reason mario kart 8's loading screens are noticeable is because rather than a black screen like normal, it's got some graphics

maybe shadow prince just hasnt noticed the other mks' loading times because theyre screens are literally nothing

FearTear said:
I find sad that the top 10 most liked levels in Super Mario Maker consists of just automatic levels.

That's not unpopular, at least around these parts

Back