Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

That's understandable.

I prefer New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but it's the soft-modding of the Wii that really makes it open.

The inclusion of the Mii Fighter in Smash 4 will go down in Smash Bros. history as one of the better inclusions of the game from both a fanbase and buisness perspective.

Northern Verve said:
The inclusion of the Mii Fighter in Smash 4 will go down in Smash Bros. history as one of the better inclusions of the game from both a fanbase and buisness perspective.

As long as they don't have their MK7 voice

I don't care, it won't stop me from personally hating them

Nysic said:
Northern Verve said:

As long as they don't have their MK8 voice
I may not have heard anything but my own Mii in MK7, but he didn't sound nearly as bad as the atrocious "Large male" voices in MK8 that sounded like a high Patrick Star/Barney the Dinosaur hybrid imitating Shy Guy or Birdo's voice.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
Nysic said:
Northern Verve said:

As long as they don't have their MK8 voice
I may not have heard anything but my own Mii in MK7, but he didn't sound nearly as bad as the atrocious "Large male" voices in MK8 that sounded like a high Patrick Star/Barney the Dinosaur hybrid imitating Shy Guy or Birdo's voice.
When I heard my Grandfather's Mii voice in MK8, I died on the ground and would not stop laughing for an hour. We ended up having to play without me :'(

Northern Verve said:
That's not unpopular.

That's just wrong.

Zae Eildus said:
well there could be the cancellation of smash bros 4.

as likely as an asteroid impacting directly on the nintendo headquarters :P

Maᴙio said:
Northern Verve said:
That's not unpopular.

That's just wrong.

Allow me to explain a little then. We know by now how huge Smash is based on past games. I'm willing to bet alot of people who are fans of other franchises on this site other then Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda probably would not have explored other franchises if it weren't for involvement with Smash. Lesser known franchises like Earthbound, F-Zero, and the then Japanese Only Fire Emblem all gained recognition and a statement that they're pillars of Nintendo that would have faded into obscurity otherwise. Now what does this have to do with the Miis? Bringing in new fans. The Mii related games on the Wii were some of the best selling games in Nintendo's long history. So we can bet on there being quite a bit of people that mainly got the Wii or Wii U for the Mii games. When they hear that Smash Bros includes Miis, they may really want the game more then ever. As a result, they'll eventually discover what else the game shows off from Nintendo. And suddenly we have a new generation of Nintendo fans like us that got their horizons broadened by Smash just how like we got Smash initially for Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda. To think it won't happen to some degree is implying those into the Mii games aren't smart enough to learn about anything else about Nintendo from a game that's part fighting game, part Nintendo encyclopedia and time capsule.

And the business part is a no-brainer. More fans getting into other franchises means more money

I think you're dramatizing this too much.

IMO, Miis are one of the few Nintendo inventions that have divided their fanbases. We have people that love them, we have people that love them, we have people that hate them, and we have people that are ambivalent. Sure, it's the case for everything, but Miis are much more polarizing.

Maᴙio said:
We have people that love them, we have people that love them, and we have people that are ambivalent.

lawl what about people who hate them

Someone probably already mentioned this, but I quite like Pink Gold Peach.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Someone probably already mentioned this, but I quite like Pink Gold Peach.
I have to agree with you.

The only thing I think stands out about Pink Gold Peach is her awesome stats. I hate using Metal Mario, her stats counterpart, so having a girl character that resembles him but isn't as annoying and overused is great (I rarely see PGP online). Her design is cool although at first glance she looks naked in her biker suit. And her distorted voice doesn't even carry the annoying-ness of Peach's MK8 voice.

My unpopular opinion? I like Mario Kart 8's almost exclusion of the Bullet Bill. It was so annoying how many times it used to pop up. Now, you rarely get it, which is nice. When you get it, it's a nice little bonus, but it's not popping up everywhere.

Really? I thought the Bullet Bill was more common than before in Mario Kart 8. I saw two of those things in a race at one point.

Back