Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Nintendo was ruined when they stopped endorsing love hotels

GalacticPetey said:
No. Mario is.

Seriously, he's in every game. What the hell?
Because Nintendo realized about my fan-love on Mario, and decided to cater to me.

Magikrazy said:
Princess Rosalina said:
Mount Wario is overrated. It's nothing new, in my opinion.
Um, Mount Wario is the first ever completely linear track. What's "nothing new" about it?
Oh, right. I almost forgot about that. But, most of the other stuff that people have been gushing about have been used before.

Plz Mount Wario is like the best track simply because it's like directly stolen from a Snowboard game and yet fits so insanely well and also the ending of that track is just epic.

Princess Rosalina said:
Magikrazy said:
Princess Rosalina said:
Um, Mount Wario is the first ever completely linear track. What's "nothing new" about it?
Oh, right. I almost forgot about that. But, most of the other stuff that people have been gushing about have been used before.

The 3 one lap thing is executed MUCH better than it was in Mario Kart 7

Baby Luigi said:
Princess Rosalina said:
Magikrazy said:
Princess Rosalina said:

The 3 one lap thing is executed MUCH better than it was in Mario Kart 7
I agree with that for N64 Rainbow Road remake.

Unpopular opinions?

Topic

-Everything is AWESOME! :luigi: :daisy:

Unpopular opinion.
I'd like to see Rainbow Road 3DS get extended to three laps. It would be amazing since it's so long and not boring like N64 Rainbow Road.

Nysic said:
Anser said:
Here goes my unpopular opinion:

Mario Kart 8 is not that good.

There, I said it.

What don't you like?

probably the item balance and the CPUs

Here's another unpopular opinion of mine. Donkey Kong Barrel Blast is actually a good game. Not only that, but I'd take it over any Mario Kart game any day of the week.

Yeah, that's the only downside. I'm not sure why they didn't give an option to switch controllers, despite the fact that the DK Bongos were compatible with the Wii, but otherwise, it was a fun game.

I would kinda like Anser to elaborate a little more. Because really the only issues I've had with Mario Kart 8 is mainly how in higher difficulties. If you don't prepare yourself (Makes sure you hold on to any defensive item as long as you can), the Computers will shell snipe you with a green shell and screw you out of first place to the point where I actually fear an oncoming green shell more then a blue shell. And I suppose how common the coins are in items when I'm trying to get said defensive item. Cause otherwise, Mario Kart 8 seemed pretty solid to me. The most solid out of any Mario Kart game in quite a while.

GalacticPetey said:
My issues with MK8 are the characters and battle mode. Both of these are easily correctable with DLC.

I've said many times I could care less about a Mario Kart character roster. It honestly doesn't matter to me whether there's planned DLC additions later on or not cause Mario Kart's bread and butter is not the character roster. And I don't play battle mode that often anyway. So yeah :V

Well, it's kind of hard to explain, and I know that my reasons might not convince some people here and might even think my reasons to not like Mario Kart 8 so much are rather stupid, but it's how I feel. Here it goes:

1 ) The roster: what the actual f*ck is up with adding ALL the Koopalings? I guess that's not the biggest problem; the biggest problem is that they left out series classics like Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, King Boo and Dry Bones out. Baby Rosalina was an absurd addition, let alone freaking PINK-GOLD-PEACH. Metal Mario was also stupid.

The character roster is very important to me because it encourages me to play the game as someone I like. Sure, my three favorite characters (Bowser, Rosalina and Yoshi in that order) are in the game, but I would have liked to see some new faces to the franchise like Magikoopa, Plessie, E. Gadd, Toadsworth, Lubba, Hammer Bro and whatnot. But no. We had to get basically the same character seven times. Getting a character you like after working hard for it is such an amazing feeling, which takes me to my next point...

2 ) The unlocking criteria: I LOVE working hard for my characters. The best example of this is Super Smash Bros. Melee. Even in Mario Kart Wii you had to unlock characters via different criteria, like beating cups, playing Time Trials, beating Staff Ghosts, etc. Here, all you have to do is beat cups and the characters will appear in a random order. What the hell?

3 ) The music: don't get me wrong here, the music is great, but just not remarkable. I feel I'm listening to some generic music in the background. I don't remember any tunes from the game, as none of them are catchy like the music in previous entries like Double Dash or Mario Kart Wii.

4 ) The voice-acting: The Koopalings' and Rosalina's voice get on my nerves. Daisy's too, but that's nothing new since I hate her voice since Deanna Mustard took over the role.

5 ) The tracks' design: once again, don't get me wrong: the tracks are AMAZING... visually. The problem is that they are not challenging at all. They're all so easy. I remember I had to practice on Time Trials on both Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii on Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road sooooo many times to get the hang of those tracks. Here, that doesn't occur, since they're both bland and mediocre (but of course, both visually stunning).

6 ) The item balance: I may have said in the past that I hate the coin system, because I think it's stupid and pointless. Now, I can get coins on a freaking Item Box. What is this? Mickey's Speedway USA? I've lost count of how many races I've lost for being in the first place and getting stupid Coins in the item boxes instead of something that could defend me from incoming Green, Red or Blue Shells. I'm glad the Blue Shells can now hit more people and not just the one in the first place, and I think the Super Horn was a great addition, but the Coin thing just ruined it for me. I would've liked to see the POW Block, the Mega Mushroom and Boo back, but oh well. It's also ridiculous how big Green Shells are this time around.

7 ) The Battle Mode: I had countless hours of fun with Mario Kart 64's and Double Dash's Battle Modes, and I was expecting that they would bring us back to that after the horrible things that were Mario Kart Wii's and 7's Battle Modes, but no. We got the, by far, worst Battle Mode in the entire series. And what is up with not giving us new Battle arenas? Having to play on full tracks are without a doubt the worst part of this unplayable mess. I wanted to see Shine Thief and Bob-Omb Blast back (I know, Baby Luigi, I know I can set the item thing to just Bob-Ombs, but it doesn't feel quite the same). Even bringing Coin Runners back would have added some variety. A brand-new battle mode would have been nice too.

8 ) All in all, I feel it's a very bland game, and to me it feels like just an HD version of Mario Kart 7. The anti-gravity thing just doesn't do it for me; I don't feel it's a game-changing feature or anything like that. I would have liked to see a new mode, the return of Mission Mode or something similar, I don't know, just something else. Mario Kart 8 is nowhere near being a bad game, and I'm glad I got it, but I was expecting much more from this game, so I'm rather disappointed.

Back