Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
I've always thought everything pre-Double Dash was kinda meh and boring.

There that's unpop.
Not really.

In gameplay and stage design, Melee was better, but Brawl had the better roster, gameplay modes and items.

Shy Guy Forever said:
I liked Super Smash Bros. Brawl better then Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Seriously! I love Brawl!

...thats not really uncommon but oh kay.

GalacticPetey said:
Zae Eildus said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
I liked Super Smash Bros. Brawl better then Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Seriously! I love Brawl!

...thats not really uncommon but oh kay.
Depends on who and where you ask.

hence why i said that

its a pretty mixed opinion all in all

Shy Guy Forever said:
Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
Speaking of diversity, if we look at Sarasaland, and assume that the China-inspired Chai Kingdom (the last world in SML) is the place where Daisy is from, it could be argued that Daisy is actually Chinese.
Anything is possible in that game, considering how weird it is.
And the main Mario games, what with the human princess of MUSHROOM PEOPLE, the walking fanged chestnuts, the turtles that walk on two legs, the giant firebreathing spiked turtle, and pipes that can send you to another part of the world, the bullets with faces on them, and other things...isn't weird?

Wii U Rainbow Road is amazing. It's on a SPACE STATION with Toad astronauts! Love it.

Mario Kart 8 Battle Mode is loads of fun, even if hunting gets a bit tedious.

Actually, the fact there's only linear tracks means that you're never caught up in a flurry of karts and items, allowing you to focus on getting your opponent.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Wii U Rainbow Road is amazing. It's on a SPACE STATION with Toad astronauts! Love it.

I love that track too, but mostly because of its music. It's probably my favorite music in the game along with N64 Rainbow Road.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
I like the track too, but definitely not because of the Toad astronauts. They should have had a more fitting species up there, like Shroobs or X-Nauts.

Daisy is a bit annoying but still a better character than Peach

Rosalina is awesome but gets way too much attention from Nintendo (MKWii was fine, but MK7, MG:WT, SSB4, etc. was too much)

Nysic said:
Rosalina is awesome but gets way too much attention from Nintendo (MKWii was fine, but MK7, MG:WT, SSB4, etc. was too much)
I agree, although I'm not even thrilled with MKW. I liked her most when she was a majestic, mysterious, serene, powerful, god-like being, not just one of the gang.

Dashbot said:
New Super Mario Bros. series is the worst series ever established.

I enjoyed the first on the DS a lot, it really did feel like an updated Super Mario Bros and had a nice charm. I feel like the others have solid gameplay and some nice environments, but the aesthetic just isn't there for me.

Not to mention the multiplayer, which basically requires everyone to be good at platformers or you are gonna have a bad time there is going to be a lot of chaos happening onscreen. Which is fun and desirable for some people, but I'd rather work as a coherent team, which is nigh impossible without high-skill players.

Once I played NSMBU with four friends. The one with the gamepad did everything he could to fuck us all over, and by the end of it I was so furious that I said I would never play five-player NSMB with them again.

What I really want to see is a spiritual sequel to Super Mario Sunshine, something that combines the gorgeous environments of the Galaxy games with the nonlinear, collectathon/SM64-esque gameplay of Sunshine. That would be a dream come true.

Agreed. The first one at least had fun minigames. Wii was alright, but after that, the series became stale.

Dashbot said:
New Super Mario Bros. series is the worst series ever established.
This is a claim with superlative undertones; of course it will be unpopular.

Back