Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

1 is easily fixable with dlc.
2 I kinda agree with. It took me a day to unlock the characters. However, the karts are another story.
3? Come on, just listen to Bowser's Castle and tell me that's not awesome!
4 seems something very minor to complain about.
5 the challenge comes from the AI and item luck, not the track
6 yeah that actually sucks
7 is easily fixable with dlc
8 just keep your fingers crossed when dlc comes

Sorry but if you can't explain why Bob-ombs Only isn't better than Bob-omb Blast then I'll just say your criticism of lack of Bob-omb Blast is minor and nothing to complain about.

At first I was kinda unimpressed by MK8 too, mainly becaus there are many downright boring tracks. But since I'm playing more online now, it's kinda grown on me.

Anser said:
4 ) The voice-acting: The Koopalings' and Rosalina's voice get on my nerves. Daisy's too, but that's nothing new since I hate her voice since Deanna Mustard took over the role.

Daisy's voice is great in this game, at least she is very cheerful compared to other characters who are so bland in their voice.

Baby Luigi said:
Sorry but if you can't explain why Bob-ombs Only isn't better than Bob-omb Blast then I'll just say your criticism of lack of Bob-omb Blast is minor and nothing to complain about.

Bob-Ombs Only sucks compared to Bob-Omb Blast because in Bob-Omb Blast you could get up to 10 Bombs at the same time and you could just throw them around like crazy, also in Bob-Omb Blast the bombs would explode on impact, while in Bob-Ombs Only you can have up to one Bob-Omb and you have to wait for a short time for it to explode, and given the awful "Battle" tracks, most of the time you're not going to hit anyone.

Cirdec said:
Anser said:
4 ) The voice-acting: The Koopalings' and Rosalina's voice get on my nerves. Daisy's too, but that's nothing new since I hate her voice since Deanna Mustard took over the role.

Daisy's voice is great in this game, at least she is very cheerful compared to other characters who are so bland in their voice.

Her voice makes me want to rip off my ears. SO loud and annoying.

Anser said:
7 ) The Battle Mode: I had countless hours of fun with Mario Kart 64's and Double Dash's Battle Modes, and I was expecting that they would bring us back to that after the horrible things that were Mario Kart Wii's and 7's Battle Modes, but no. We got the, by far, worst Battle Mode in the entire series. And what is up with not giving us new Battle arenas? Having to play on full tracks are without a doubt the worst part of this unplayable mess. I wanted to see Shine Thief and Bob-Omb Blast back (I know, Baby Luigi, I know I can set the item thing to just Bob-Ombs, but it doesn't feel quite the same). Even bringing Coin Runners back would have added some variety. A brand-new battle mode would have been nice too.

Explanation is needed here, I was content enough with 7's.

Anser said:
Bob-Ombs Only sucks compared to Bob-Omb Blast because in Bob-Omb Blast you could get up to 10 Bombs at the same time and you could just throw them around like crazy, also in Bob-Omb Blast the bombs would explode on impact, while in Bob-Ombs Only you can have up to one Bob-Omb and you have to wait for a short time for it to explode, and given the awful "Battle" tracks, most of the time you're not going to hit anyone.

So camping in an item box and spamming bombs everywhere is more fun than strategically avoiding other enemy's attacks while you have a limited supply of bob-ombs and item boxes?

Pink Gold Peach is my favorite character from the Mario series. It's so unpopular, you think I'm kidding.

Somebody needs to summarize the anti-Pink Gold argument for me right here, right now

'Cause I don't understand why everyone's jimmies are rustled about it

Sakura Kasugano said:
Somebody needs to summarize the anti-Pink Gold argument for me right here, right now

'Cause I don't understand why everyone's jimmies are rustled about it
From what I understand, people don't like her because she took the spot of "more deserving characters". Other people just find her to be an hilarious addition to the roster. Honestly, I like her and will probably use her in future spinoffs. (If she appears, that is.)

On a side note, I think Mario Kart 8 has the best roster in the Mario Kart series.

I like poking fun at her and seeing people get mad about her. Honestly I'd rather have her than Birdo any time of the day.

Baby Luigi said:
I like poking fun at her and seeing people get mad about her. Honestly I'd rather have her than Birdo any time of the day.
I hate Birdo too, but at least s/he takes a little more effort to put into the game than Peach With A Gold Filter.

Don't give a --- about effort it takes: I'd rather take Pink Gold Peach over Yoshi in my game.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
Baby Luigi said:
I hate Birdo too, but at least s/he takes a little more effort to put into the game than Peach With A Gold Filter.
At least Birdo has a personality and has appeared in other games before.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

So camping in an item box and spamming bombs everywhere is more fun than strategically avoiding other enemy's attacks while you have a limited supply of bob-ombs and item boxes?

To me, yes. Bob-Omb Blast just had this "madness" factor that Bob-Ombs Only lacks. It's just so boring.

Icemario said:
Anser said:
7 ) The Battle Mode: I had countless hours of fun with Mario Kart 64's and Double Dash's Battle Modes, and I was expecting that they would bring us back to that after the horrible things that were Mario Kart Wii's and 7's Battle Modes, but no. We got the, by far, worst Battle Mode in the entire series. And what is up with not giving us new Battle arenas? Having to play on full tracks are without a doubt the worst part of this unplayable mess. I wanted to see Shine Thief and Bob-Omb Blast back (I know, Baby Luigi, I know I can set the item thing to just Bob-Ombs, but it doesn't feel quite the same). Even bringing Coin Runners back would have added some variety. A brand-new battle mode would have been nice too.

Explanation is needed here, I was content enough with 7's.

I found it too slow and boring, like Mario Kart Wii's.

Viridi said:
Baby Luigi said:

What personnality? Being transgender?
Pink Gold Peach has a personnality as well.

Cirdec said:
Viridi said:
Baby Luigi said:

Really? Explain how Pink Gold Peach has a personality.

GalacticPetey said:
Cirdec said:
Viridi said:
Baby Luigi said:

Peach has a personality, Pink Gold Peach is Peach in Pink Gold. Hence Pink Gold Peach has a personality.

SPM's story sucks.

Cirdec said:
GalacticPetey said:
Cirdec said:
Viridi said:
Baby Luigi said:

Peach has a personality, Pink Gold Peach is Peach in Pink Gold. Hence Pink Gold Peach has a personality.
I feel like Pink Gold Peach is different than Peach due to having different tricks, lines, etc. This implies that her personality is different than Peach's as well. Same argument could be said about Metal Mario and Mario. To each their own, I guess.

Everyone is mad at PGP for the same reason they got mad at Metal Mario; because they're "unoriginal" and "just reskins". Nobody seemed to get mad (Unless I missed something) at Funky Kong, who's basically just surfer Donkey Kong.

Cirdec said:
Viridi said:
Baby Luigi said:
Birdo had a personality in Superstar Saga, where she was basically a ditz who randomly falls in love with people but when she gets mad she's dangerous.

It's not the best personality, but it's still better than nothing.

Back