Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Once you guys stop hatin' on Mario for the wrong reasons, I will stop insulting the bad cloaca that is Yoshi.

Yoshi's one of those characters who I don't like or hate.

On the other hand, Mario is one of my favourite characters.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Once you guys stop hatin' on Mario for the wrong reasons, I will stop insulting the bad cloaca that is Yoshi.
What about me? I don't hate Mario and I like Yoshi

Daisy deserved the fifth spot in SM3DW more than Rosalina.

Any positive opinion about Daisy at this rate...

I actually liked the voiced cutscenes in Sunshine and wish they would do full voice acting more often instead of just speech bubbles and text boxes.

Not once did I see a Yoshi fan insulting Mario in this thread. I only recall seeing a user calling Mario "abusive", and he/she didn't like Yoshi, so there's no need to act like a jerk and insult Yoshi like that.

Duskull said:
What about me? I don't hate Mario and I like Yoshi

You're okay, actually. It's just the rabid part that I dislike. I think I go along with other Yoshi fans... I think.

DaisyCrazy14 said:

I actually liked the voiced cutscenes in Sunshine and wish they would do full voice acting more often instead of just speech bubbles and text boxes.

If you want to hear Mario and Luigi talk in full sentences, you're in for a treat (if you're interested).

ThePremiumYoshi said:

Not once did I see a Yoshi fan insulting Mario in this thread. I only recall seeing a user calling Mario "abusive", and he/she didn't like Yoshi, so there's no need to act like a jerk and insult Yoshi like that.

I wasn't referring to any Yoshi fan in this thread in particular. Just the rabid Yoshi fans and any future rabid Yoshi fan that dares challenge me.

Screw all characters

Wario OUTCLASSES all of them

Sorry, he's far more awesome, cute, beautiful, cool, tough, and badass than your precious favorite character would want to be

DaisyCrazy14 said:

If you want to hear Mario and Luigi talk in full sentences, you're in for a treat (if you're interested).

I am. :) Unless you're talking about one of those "Meet Charles Martinet behind a screen with an animated Mario" events. Did I miss something?

Dang... that what I was thinking about...

Baby Luigi said:
Screw all characters

Wario OUTCLASSES all of them

Sorry, he's far more awesome, cute, beautiful, cool, tough, and badass than your precious favorite character would want to be

Yeah, you're right.

Giga12 said:
Yoshi's one of those characters who I don't like or hate.

On the other hand, Mario is one of my favourite characters.

That makes you amazing.

And to those that I think are friendly, you are incredible.

You may hate me for being a Yoshi fan, but Mario is one of my favorite characters too, so I guess you could hate me a little less?

I don't hate anyone for his beliefs. What I do hate is that people telling me to go to hell because I like Mario or they try to change my opinion and depict Yoshi stabbing Mario and directing it at me.

You can love Yoshi all you want, but if you're the friendliest person in the world, I will be friendly as well. After all, there is a girl at high school who loved Yoshi and all I did was let her play around with my Yoshi plushies and hug them. That stuff makes me happy.

Now, I may sound like a hypocrite by stuffing Mario down your throats, but I really do get along with all kinds of fans. Who I don't get along with are any Luigi or Yoshi fans that call Mario a fat b*stard and depict Mario suffering. I'm glad that I haven't met any of them here.

I don't hate Mario, or yoshi, I just don't particularly care for either of them

and there are really a lot of serious reasons why Mario comes across as evil/dark upon thinking deeply about it :P

Deception said:
I don't hate Mario, or yoshi, I just don't particularly care for either of them

and there are really a lot of serious reasons why Mario comes across as evil/dark upon thinking deeply about it :P

And the other characters are scotch free?

I like my Mario being evil because it gives him the excuse for him to mercilessly torture Wario whenever I control him.

I used to hate Mario for how everyone in-game loves him despite his bloody rampages through the Koopa Troop and his vicious Amazee Dayzee level grinding and whatnot. Then I mellowed out. Now I think of him as a nice guy who loves his brother, his princess, his kingdom and all his friends, and who will stop at nothing to defend them against the forces of evil, no matter the risk to himself or the cost to his enemies. However, while he's certainly not malevolent about it, conflict and competitiveness is in his blood: if all the evil in the world suddenly disappeared, while he'd be glad no one needs saving, he'd quickly grow restless and dissatisfied with having nothing left to fight. And he's still a brutal hurricane of destruction if you're fighting on the wrong side - or even if you're simply in the wrong place at the wrong time when he goes into his one-track-minded "save Peach" mode.

That sounds pretty dark-Mario looks like he's having fun when he's adventuring.

fun fact, every block he smashes is actually a toad who was turned into a block
which only serves to make the enjoyment he feels upon breaking them more disturbing

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 was too easy.
2) Daisy is one of the best characters in the series.
3) Super Mario 64 is overrated.
4) Super Mario Sunshine is underrated.
5) Boo did not deserve to be in Mario Party.

Giga12 said:
1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 was too easy.
2) Daisy is one of the best characters in the series.
3) Super Mario 64 is overrated.
4) Super Mario Sunshine is underrated.
5) Boo did not deserve to be in Mario Party.
I agree with all of these
64 on ds was pretty good

Walkazo said:
I used to hate Mario for how everyone in-game loves him despite his bloody rampages through the Koopa Troop and his vicious Amazee Dayzee level grinding and whatnot. Then I mellowed out. Now I think of him as a nice guy who loves his brother, his princess, his kingdom and all his friends, and who will stop at nothing to defend them against the forces of evil, no matter the risk to himself or the cost to his enemies. However, while he's certainly not malevolent about it, conflict and competitiveness is in his blood: if all the evil in the world suddenly disappeared, while he'd be glad no one needs saving, he'd quickly grow restless and dissatisfied with having nothing left to fight. And he's still a brutal hurricane of destruction if you're fighting on the wrong side - or even if you're simply in the wrong place at the wrong time when he goes into his one-track-minded "save Peach" mode.

Wario's always there just in case. ;)

Yep, his old rivalry with Wario is definitely a good example of Mario's natural hot-blooded-ness.

Baby Luigi said:
That sounds pretty dark-Mario looks like he's having fun when he's adventuring.
I agree that he enjoys his adventures - I did say he'd be unhappy if he suddenly had nothing to fight. He's not some grim-faced soldier or anything, he's a lively little firebrand.

Back