Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

isnt he the guy who hates sm64 too

i couldnt really get into smb (which i guess counts less because at least the nes version is dated as balls), smb3, and smw that much. i mean, theyre ok, but i prefer smb2 and smw2 by a long shot. i dont think liking yoshis island is unpopular but liking smb2 more than smb3 and smw could very well be

Turboo said:
isnt he the guy who hates sm64 too

i couldnt really get into smb (which i guess counts less because at least the nes version is dated as balls), smb3, and smw that much. i mean, theyre ok, but i prefer smb2 and smw2 by a long shot. i dont think liking yoshis island is unpopular but liking smb2 more than smb3 and smw could very well be

I prefer Super Mario Bros. 2 over Super Mario Bros. 3 as well.

Super Mario Bros. 2>>>>>Super Mario Bros. 3

Deception said:
Tauriel said:
the first Paper Mario game sucks
I agree, well, I would ALL paper mario games

Ok, this has gone too far. I could swear you just haven't played the games. I understand that people may not like them, but saying they suck? That's too much. I don't like the Mario & Luigi saga, but they're not bad games. I just don't like them. Thousand-Year Door sucking? That's impossible. I need to know your reasons to say that D:

Although Sticker Star DOES suck...

well I meant overall there fore including sticker star, and keep in mine I use the word suck very lightly
mainly I just don't find the graphics to be so "creative" to me they just look lazy

• SMB2 is better than SMB3.
  • SPM is my least favorite Paper Mario game.
  • Dream Team was boring.
  • MP9 is my favorite Mario Party game.

Cactmas said:
  • SMB2 is better than SMB3.
  • SPM is my least favorite Paper Mario game.
  • Dream Team was boring.
  • MP9 is my favorite Mario Party game.
I only agree with the last one.
Oh, and I like MKW.

Liking Mario Kart Wii isn't unpopular.

Cactus said:
  • Dream Team was boring.
Care to explain why?

Also
*I think that the babies are stupid
*Mario Party 9 was okay

NSY said:
*I think that the babies are stupid

That's not unpopular at all

I've seen topics being created on a daily basis at GameFAQs stating how much the babies suck or that they need to be replaced

Apparently this has become unpopular:

Mario RPG characters don't get enough respect. Me sad.

That said, I agree that Fawful and Geno are sort of overrated amongst the RPG fanbase, but overrated ≠ bad. I also think they should be in more game *shot*

first post whaaa

For unpopular opinions...

I think all the babies get too much hate.
I like Mario and Luigi the same.
The Somnom puzzles in Dream Team weren't that hard.
I've always thought that the bricks Mario breaks in SMB1 actually free the toads instead of killing them.

Walkazo said:
I used to hate Mario for how everyone in-game loves him despite his bloody rampages through the Koopa Troop and his vicious Amazee Dayzee level grinding and whatnot. Then I mellowed out. Now I think of him as a nice guy who loves his brother, his princess, his kingdom and all his friends, and who will stop at nothing to defend them against the forces of evil, no matter the risk to himself or the cost to his enemies. However, while he's certainly not malevolent about it, conflict and competitiveness is in his blood: if all the evil in the world suddenly disappeared, while he'd be glad no one needs saving, he'd quickly grow restless and dissatisfied with having nothing left to fight. And he's still a brutal hurricane of destruction if you're fighting on the wrong side - or even if you're simply in the wrong place at the wrong time when he goes into his one-track-minded "save Peach" mode.

I remember seeing an Ask Mario post on DA about him being a hero. I think this depicts Mario the best.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/164/8/8/ask_mario__hero_by_nintendo_nut1-d53ezhc.png

You know, I agree with most of your post, PeskyPlumbers64, especially on the Mario part. Mario is part of a cartoon, where things happen that would normally kill people... people are overreacting on Mario's part.

I dislike MKDS and like Brawl. Deal with it.

Niime said:
doesn't everybody ever like brawl
Well, some people b***h about how disappointing it is.

No...

Back