Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

i honestly prefer melee but even people who are disappointed like it, they're just disappointed because melee was great and there was tons of hype for brawl.

Shadow rocks! said:
I was wondering if the reason you don't like Brawl was because it was a disappointment from the seemingly more popular Melee.

An add-on to the Brawl thing I said was that I like SE, especially its story. Plus the fighting method makes sense, because you settle it with your fists, instead of golfing, or worse... "Wet'sh shettle dish wiff an Ewimpic Vent!" Also, WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT MELEE?

It has a more balanced roster and fast-paced gameplay. no need to get angry about it.

threads like this do tend to be negative, i don't think they're allowed on TV Tropes with its anti-negativity policy.

well this means that negative opinions about the site or mentions of anything critical of it are deleted.

i know
on topic, i actually don't find the gameplay of hotel mario to be bad. it is a little bland and outdated, but it's ok. the cutscenes are horrible, though.

Let me go back to the whole Brawl thing.

Brawl beats Melee in every category except one. The gameplay. This is why Melee is more fun than Brawl. Brawl is slow and tedious. Melee is fast paced and fun. Sure, Brawl has prettier graphics and more characters, but who cares. The reason people play Smash is because it's a fun competitive fighter. Quality over quantity as they say. Sakurai even stated that Melee was the sharpest game in the series.

I really dont care about the story in a smash game, so the gameplay makes melee for me.

Ganondorf said:
Let me go back to the whole Brawl thing.

Brawl beats Melee in every category except one. The gameplay. This is why Melee is more fun than Brawl. Brawl is slow and tedious. Melee is fast paced and fun. Sure, Brawl has prettier graphics and more characters, but who cares. The reason people play Smash is because it's a fun competitive fighter. Quality over quantity as they say. Sakurai even stated that Melee was the sharpest game in the series.

melee is average fighting game speed but okay.

Back