Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Eevee said:
Super Mario World is overrated. How come everyone hates the NSMB series yet LOOOVES SMW?
SMW is my favorite because I played that game probably more than any other game, and it was the game that got me into gaming. So, in other words, pure nostalgia.

Eevee said:
Super Mario World is overrated. How come everyone hates the NSMB series yet LOOOVES SMW?
It's the nostalgia, and that New Super Mario Bros. was rehashed to the point where everyone was tired of it.

I can think of at least two other games that's superior to Super Mario World.

Shy​ Guy said:
Hotel Mario is in no way great, but is better then people give it credit for.

It's a mediocre game at best.

It would have fallen into obscurity if it weren't for those godamm cutscenes

Or, as they say: there's no such thing as bad publicity. If I'd worked on those cutscenes, I'd be pretty chuffed that people are still talking about 'em twenty years later. Hell, if nothing else I did in life was worth trying to brag about, I'd introduce myself as the gal who wrote "All toasters toast toast".

Even for those cutscenes, I wouldn't screw up THAT badly. Mario looks horrifying, not cute like he's supposed to be.

Maᴙio said:
Even for those cutscenes, I wouldn't screw up THAT badly. Mario looks horrifying, not cute like he's supposed to be.

Mario isn't cute

No he isn't. He's a fat ugly stupid grown portly mustached man. That's NOT cute.

When I think of cute, I think of Baby Mario, cockatiels, pansies, Fiats, and pill bugs, NOT this idiot.

Baby Luigi said:
No he isn't. He's a fat ugly stupid grown portly mustached man. That's NOT cute.

When I think of cute, I think of Baby Mario, cockatiels, pansies, Fiats, and pill bugs, NOT this idiot.
No :wario:

You must be lying.

I think ONE good thing came out of the Hotel Mario cutscenes...
Bowser had a good evil laugh.

Baby Luigi said:
Shy​ Guy said:

I admit the cutscenes were crap, but they did make some of the greatest YouTube Poop videos of all time.

"Let's eat lotsa spaghetti for DINNER, Gay Luigi!" Youtube Poops circa 2007.

Pizazz said:
"Let's eat lotsa spaghetti for DINNER, Gay Luigi!" Youtube Poops circa 2007.
"Duke Onkled is one of those gays"-Mario, The King's Unreasonable Demands

Shy​ Guy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Shy​ Guy said:

I admit the cutscenes were crap, but they did make some of the greatest YouTube Poop videos of all time.

That means it's so bad it's good.

Huh I always found those cutscenes disturbing

I'll be a happy man if Fawful never ever comes back again and stays dead.

Mcmadness said:

The fact that he was the main villain of Bowser's Inside Story irked me a bit....it seemed like Alpha Dream did it purely for fanservice.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

The fact that he was the main villain of Bowser's Inside Story irked me a bit....it seemed like Alpha Dream did it purely for fanservice.

Well they did kind of forshadow it in Superstar saga. But by the end of BiS his schtick got OLD

Back