Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mcmadness said:
Well they did kind of forshadow it in Superstar saga. But by the end of BiS his schtick got OLD
Fawful being prominent in two games got old, but Bowser being in five million is not?

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Mcmadness said:
I'll be a happy man if Fawful never ever comes back again and stays dead.
Is it me or do you have something against the villains in the RPGs who aren't Bowser?
I've noticed the same thing. Just out of curiosity, Mcmadness, is there any villain you like in the series that isn't Bowser?

Mcmadness said:
Well they did kind of forshadow it in Superstar saga. But by the end of BiS his schtick got OLD
Fawful being prominent in two games got old, but Bowser being in five million is not?

Fawful is a very niche badguy. His verbal tick of talking in engrish got extremely old and his egotistical machine using thing can only go so far. Where as Bowser is a far more versatile villain with a much larger potential for various things to happen and I'm not talking about his schemes. I'm also talking about other things like location variety, minion variety, boss variety, etc etc.

And before you point it out, yes he's been lazily used plenty of times, but something doesn't just become bad because its been poorly implemented a few times.

Cackletta, shroobs, Grodus, Wario (though him more as an anti-hero) and Fawful. I do like Fawful in the games he's been in but I've had my fill of the guy.

Really most other badguys are fine but they lack staying power.

I don't understand why they decided to bring back Shroobs in BiS. They were clearly wiped out in Partners in Time. Even the Elder Princess Shroob's soul exploded or dissipated.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't understand why they decided to bring back Shroobs in BiS. They were clearly wiped out in Partners in Time. Even the Elder Princess Shroob's soul exploded or dissipated.

Probably just for the amusing cameo.

And a nice bit of something to show that, unlike other Mario series, M&L has canon.

Pizazz said:
And a nice bit of something to show that, unlike other Mario series, M&L has canon.

Well you can technically make a very clear line for ''continuity'' for most games in the series. Its just that they don't put a lot of emphasis on it.

Mario Party 8 is a pretty ok game. People give it too much hate. The only thing I really don't like about it is lack of traps, Bowser's Warped Orbit, and some of its really crap minigames

I thought 8 was decent. Not as good as 9, but certainly better than Mario Party: Crap Tour.

9 had better minigames

Too bad you have to endure such a ---- mode to unlock them

Pizazz said:
I would buy a Mario Party game that has only minigames.
Is this really an unpopular opinion?

I completely agree.

Shy​ Guy said:
Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
Pizazz said:
I would buy a Mario Party game that has only minigames.
Is this really an unpopular opinion?

I completely agree.
Yeah. I agree, too. Make about 10,000 minigames and call it Mario Party: Minigame Land

Would rather have 50 good minigames than 10,000 s---ty ones

Seriously, do you have any idea how much 10,000 is?

Mario Party has about 50 minigames in average

Now, think 10,000. That's 200 times 50. It's 100 times 100. That's a ----ton of numbers

Well I haven't played enough of SMRPG to judge Geno too much, but it seems to me you just dislike all the original characters from the RPGs. Why else would you be against them appearing in other stuff? Not trying to start an argument here, but is there a single RPG character you like enough to want in other games?

Well I haven't played enough of SMRPG to judge Geno too much, but it seems to me you just dislike all the original characters from the RPGs. Why else would you be against them appearing in other stuff? Not trying to start an argument here, but is there a single RPG character you like enough to want in other games?

I like how you call RPG characters "original characters".

I'm pretty sure he likes at least one of them. He just hasn't mentioned it. In fact, what RPG character DID he say he did not like?

Fawful
Dimentio
Geno

That's really only a select few.

GalacticPetey said:
My problem is the people who want Geno in Smash.

I mean really? It's the equivalent of making Goombella playable.

I think wanting Geno in ANYTHING recent is delusional

I think he said once that he liked Fawful but doesn't want him to appear again.

I don't see how you can like a character but be against their appearance in other games, I mean I don't think there is a single character I like that I would be against appearing again.

However, my issue is that he said absolutely none of them are deserving for any spinoffs, which is BS because a character shouldn't be scrapped just because they debuted in a "niche" game. I mean, look at Waluigi. Famous character, but his debut game wasn't that big of a deal was it? I'd say Mario Tennis is about on the same level of popularity as the RPGs.

However, my issue is that he said absolutely none of them are deserving for any spinoffs, which is BS because a character shouldn't be scrapped just because they debuted in a "niche" game. I mean, look at Waluigi. Famous character, but his debut game wasn't that big of a deal was it? I'd say Mario Tennis is about on the same level of popularity as the RPGs.

Mario Tennis 64? THAT'S a niche game? Mario Tennis and Mario Golf are much more popular than you think. Hell, Daisy and Waluigi being a recurring character actually MEANS that they're very popular games.

I've named plenty of rpg characters I enjoyed and there are ones from SMRPG that I enjoy. Geno is not one of them.

And I have explained this many times before, when it comes to inclusions in stuff like Mario Kart or other spin offs, I personally judge that a character's importance and contribution to the franchise as a whole in its history is the most important aspect to who gets in and who doesn't. The characters from the rpgs contribute nothing to the franchise at large and thats why I don't want them in.

Yes I know with additions like honey queen or certain baby characters they clearly don't add anything but if I had my way they wouldn't be in either.

Also why don't I want many of them to reappear again? Because unlike say most of the main Mario cast members a lot of the rpg characters have very specific roles with little room for variation. Anything more from them would pretty much just be a lamer version of what they were before or completely different from what you'd expect them to be making them showing up again pointless.

And quite a few of them have been killed off as well.

Baby Man said:
Mario Party has about 50 minigames in average

Now, think 10,000. That's 200 times 50. It's 100 times 100. That's a ----ton of numbers

To get to 10000 we'd have to get to Mario Party 200 =_=

Back