Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

"Metal Mario was created by Bowser, who took inspiration from Eggman's creation of Metal Sonic, in attempt to stop Mario. Bowser decided that the depths of Hazy Maze Cave was a fitting place for Metal Mario since no other bosses could withstand the noxious gas clouds. Unfortunately, Metal Mario walked into the currents and meandered out of Peach's moat, where he escaped. His powerful presence was left behind, however, and he forgot his hat, which was why Mario randomly transformed to metal when he entered the secret cave and why Mario could grab the metal hat.

After several weeks of aimless underwater wandering (and he found a spare hat from treasure hunting), he played a few rounds of golf (no one questioned it since Baby Mario already messed with people's heads), though he had dreams of something bigger. He eventually resumed wandering for several more years, with his voice distorted from all that water, and then marched onto the shores of Isle Delfino, where the Piantas thought he was Mario and invited him to a kart racing competition. With a solemn nod and shrug, uttering "Let me go" (kinda like "let's-a go"), he accepted and found the kart racing fun."

Double Dash absolutely plays like jank but I'm not against 'doubles' returning if just as an optional mode. I like that it's a slightly more interesting way to handle 2 item slots and a way to let a 2nd player join in without having to race against the 1st player.

Haven't responded to this but I've seen other team-based racers handle co-op play much better, Team Sonic Racing is one of them. The player on the back skips out on most of the game and just tosses items and helps with drifts, it's not really involving.

So what you're saying is Mario Kart should instead have a team mechanic like Crash Nitro Kart or Team Sonic Racing instead.

Not a bad idea. 🤔

But then again, Mario Kart could stand to adopt any number of its peers' concepts. Like Adventure Mode for instance. :yoshi:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's roads are way too lackluster, resulting in all the tracks feeling the same but with different background scenery. It's also boring that rough terrain is only used as punishment zones. I wish a lot of the scenery was brought onto the roads as obstacles & terrain to overcome.

He was gonna be but he suddenly vanished.

Toad from the Mario cartoons is not annoying, he's hilarious. He has quite the attitude, lol, and I generally like the delivery of his lines

"Eat pineapple, kid"
"Flyin' lessons!? Are you outta your mind!? "

I don't like playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's battle mode. Playing just one battle mode type is boring, but if I play with every battle mode type, I'll have to play Renegade Roundup. I hate Renegade Roundup because it's unbalanced and the renegades have a much easier time winning than the cops. There's also the existence of SNES Battle Course 1 which, if you play Renegade Roundup on that map, it's pretty much an auto-win for the renegades.

There's also the fact that in team mode, the winning team earns a whopping 60 points. So even if my team does well in the other battle mode types, the opposing team could easily catch up if they win at Renegade Roundup.

So overall, while the biggest improvement from MK8 to MK8D is that Deluxe has an actual battle mode, I don't even like it and refuse to play it at all. Man I hate Renegade Roundup.

Toad from the Mario cartoons is not annoying, he's hilarious. He has quite the attitude, lol, and I generally like the delivery of his lines

"Eat pineapple, kid"
"Flyin' lessons!? Are you outta your mind!? "

Easily my favorite character on the show.

I don't like playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's battle mode. Playing just one battle mode type is boring, but if I play with every battle mode type, I'll have to play Renegade Roundup. I hate Renegade Roundup because it's unbalanced and the renegades have a much easier time winning than the cops. There's also the existence of SNES Battle Course 1 which, if you play Renegade Roundup on that map, it's pretty much an auto-win for the renegades.

There's also the fact that in team mode, the winning team earns a whopping 60 points. So even if my team does well in the other battle mode types, the opposing team could easily catch up if they win at Renegade Roundup.

So overall, while the biggest improvement from MK8 to MK8D is that Deluxe has an actual battle mode, I don't even like it and refuse to play it at all. Man I hate Renegade Roundup.

Renegade Roundup also sucks hard if you're playing by yourself, it's not really designed with bots in mind. You get captured, and you sit your ass on the cage, waiting for a CPU to free you, and by the restrictive nature of their programming, are not the most reliable teammates, and also have to repeatedly get saved. If you're on the law side, the game usually gets over in like a second or something.

It's much better when I'm playing the mode with friends and especially my sister, but nothing can really beat good ol' balloon battle.

There's no reason I should play it over the vastly superior SRB2 Kart.

kart0159.png

That game has Ray Trace playable.

You know, he is the fastest, best handling, best acceleration, and highest weight ever.

Super Mario Kart doesn't have a character like that.

So it loses.

@Redshift, you should mod Ray Trace into CTR Nitro Fueled. Make the other Protectors his skins.

That way he can be the most speediest, acceleratiest, balanced, driftiest, turner in the whole roster.

That Peach scream, is it the one from Double Dash when she enters the canon in DK Mountain while she's on the back of the kart?

Yeah it is, but we reappriopriated it to her getting spun out lmao.

@Redshift, you should mod Ray Trace into CTR Nitro Fueled. Make the other Protectors his skins.

That way he is the most speediest, acceleratiest, balanced, driftiest, turner in the whole roster.

The Protectors have to be on different slots though, just like in Mario Kart. I mean the game does have alt costumes, but they'll still share the same voice.

Also, that game needs to be moddable to begin with and I strongly doubt it is.

Interesting. Actually, if the character has a robot skin (ie Cortex, Crunch, Pura, Megamix), they have filtered voice clips. I wonder if they're in the files as separate voice clip folders from the normal ones.

Getting back on topic, the reason why I don't like SMK is because how hard it is to control. Drifting is basically non existant.

Last edited:
I think Super Mario 64 is the weakest in the series.

*Ducks into barrel*

Pink Gold Peach is so ridiculous that I like her and don't mind her coming back til the end of times.

Her and Baby Rosalina makes the fanbase squirm and it's kinda funny.

I think Super Mario 64 is the weakest in the series.

*Ducks into barrel*

Super Mario 64 is shit to play today and besides 64 DS is vastly superior anyway because you can play as Wario.

Her and Baby Rosalina makes the fanbase squirm and it's kinda funny.

Super Mario 64 is shit to play today and besides 64 DS is vastly superior anyway because you can play as Wario.

The DS version is the only version I enjoyed because I could be Yoshi and the physics seemed to work better.

Back