Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

if jontron didn't have those rancid alt-right views i'd find his content a whole ton funnier

I can't believe he did this to me goddamnit how could he do this to me?!?

somebody once told me the story doesn't matter
and that gameplay where it is at
he was looking kind of swag with a Bowser avatar
in the shape of a square on the left side

well, the games start coming and they dont stop coming
fed to the wii and i loved paper mario
didnt make sense just to play for fun
your thumbs get smart but your heart gets dumb
so much to play so much to do
so whats wrong with liking the plotlines
youll never like if you dont love
youll never play if you dont feel

hey now youre a gamer, get the game on, go play
hey now you love story, plot, and originality
bowsers gettin kind of old
only cool new villains break the mould

it was a cool place down in flipside, but then it got warmer
the rpgs were cool till the series got older
but the new spd beg to differ
judging by the toads in the modern pms
my temper fuse is getting pretty thin
fawful seems gone so im going for a swim
what i loves on fire, how about yours?
storys the way i like it and i never get bored

hey now, i love story, when the games on, so cool
hey now, im a gamer, and count blecks my fav
new characters are dope
only truly lovers touch my heart

hey now, it's not just gameplay, cause the plotline counts too
hey now theres a fanbase for all sorts of cool plots
and all that glitters is lore
maybe marpgs will get them back

My advice to you is the same thing I tell everyone else, broaden your horizons, play more things. This franchise will never give you what you want as it's simply not designed to do so. You're getting older now, you want more than just the basic plots, I get that.

But you simply aren't going to get it here.

You don't even have to play more things, you just need to have people tell you what games you've been missing out and find out that your perspective can be pretty narrow.

I have palette problems too but I've made some effort going out and so that's how my opinion on Mario stories is formed.

I used to think Mario was like, the franchise for me.

Look at me now. It's obvious what games I am into now because of how much I babble about them, so glad I had the incentive to actually try something new for a change.

You don't even have to play more things, you just need to have people tell you what games you've been missing out and find out that your perspective can be pretty narrow.

I have palette problems too but I've made some effort going out and so that's how my opinion on Mario stories is formed.

i mean even despite me going out i still think partners in time has the best jrpg story, it's just that i have a bit more perspective on where people are coming from when people say that mario games stories are....eh?

the build up to it was fantastic as well

There's another plot twist after that that I wish didn't happen, though, if the "plot twist at the end" is what I am thinking about.

"plot twist at the end" = There being two Shroob Princesses.

I am talking about Shrowser.

Thank you for reading.

shrowser was so nonessential to the plot that i keep forgetting that form even exists

There's another plot twist after that that I wish didn't happen, though, if the "plot twist at the end" is what I am thinking about.

"plot twist at the end" = There being two Shroob Princesses.

I am talking about Shrowser.

Thank you for reading.
That was part of it, but I'm more thinking about the Cobalt Star, Peach sealing away the elder princess with it, and the latter tricking you into assembling it.

Shrowser is for all intents and purposes a postgame miniboss that has nothing to do with the plot.

elder princess shroob should've been "queen shroob", that would've been a brilliant plot twist

shrowser was so nonessential to the plot that i keep forgetting that form even exists
I actually know about him because of internet spoilers but yeah most of PIT I don't (and would like to find out for myself) know about

Bowser wore the white suit and top hat way better than Count Bleck ever did.

Did you know Bowser was initially going to go without pants in some concept sketches?

Yes, I'm also aware they considered having him take over Peach's body.

Fortunately that didn't happen.

Yeah, Bowser without pants, they had the same idea as I did when I saw it. It gave off the "I forgot my pants at a formal wedding" sort of vibe, which isn't appropriate for Bowser, especially when he's dressed really well otherwise.

As for the latter one, well, it goes without saying....

Personally I think the New Super Mario Bros. games are great, and that if it's a slow year for games on switch they should re-release the games as a package or re-release NSMB 1.

New Super Mario Bros. and Wii were good, but became flat, insipid games past that.

I've replayed the first one many times, dare I say its one of my favourite Mario games.

Back