Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Melee is better than Brawl because Donkey Kong getting killed sounds more satisfying, and the level 9s are more fun to play with.

Oh, I can wavedash and L-cancel and Mario's much better.

There.

brawl's major advantages over melee are a larger character selection and a larger stage/music selection, along with those cool cutscenes from the subspace emissary (say what you will about the actual gameplay in that but the cutscenes were awesome)

also i thought wavedashing was a stupid exploit in melee, so i'm personally glad that was removed.

Melee has a better gameplay foundation, and that's what counts the most for me. While Kirby sucks in Melee, all of my other mains are better (Mario, Link, Fox). Plus, again, the level 9s are amusing; and Pokeballs, Bob-ombs, Motion Sensor bombs, Warpstars, Freezies, and Screw Attacks are much better. Plus, we got the Parasol.

I don't see how wavedashing personally affected you. You can use it, you don't have to use it, you can tell other people not to use it. I do think wave-dashing is akin to snaking, though; both techniques end up breaking your shoulder buttons. Wavedashing is nowhere near obnoxious as tripping.

Dr. Javelin said:
also i thought wavedashing was a stupid exploit in melee, so i'm personally glad that was removed.

Yeah all wavedashing is is a shoulder button breaker. I hate it as well.

Wavedashing will affect you if you play competitively, which also means you'll need to spend in that tournament money to replace your controller.

If you prefer Brawl over Melee, it's more likely that you didn't enter the competitive scene. After all, Brawl has a laughable competitive environment.

I'll just say this. As a non competitive player, I love both games. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

One way I like Melee more than Brawl is because it's a much faster game. I don't care about all that wave dashing nonsense though. But still, I enjoy the fast-paced and fun to watch gameplay.

On the other hand, Brawl has more stages, characters, music, and extra features.

So I think Project M is right for me then.

I actually didn't mind Brawl being slower-paced than Melee. =P

Although I guess I have some bias for why I prefer Brawl over Melee; I was only 3 when Melee was released, and I was 10 when Brawl was released, so I had a much better understanding of Brawl. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely loved playing Melee with my siblings growing up.

In Brawl, I actually prefer the game being defensive (especially the airdodging) and I actually liked the low hitstun since I could survive a LOT longer. I also prefer Ness a LOT more in Brawl than Melee; mainly cause doing an aerial while Double Jumping no longer drags him down. Though I still find the Grab Release on Ness dumb, despite his buff overall.

So basically after playing Brawl, I can no longer play Melee. Oh well.
Though I will say... playing Brawl competitively has been one of the best choices I made, since I made 2 best friends out of it and got to do what I love doing best. :)

I still miss my Melee Peach horribly though. Damn it Brawl, why'd you nerf her? :/

In the end though, I don't mind if you prefer Melee over Brawl; everyone has their own opinion and we'd have to agree to disagree. =P

ゴジラ said:
I'll just say this. As a non competitive player, I love both games. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

One way I like Melee more than Brawl is because it's a much faster game. I don't care about all that wave dashing nonsense though. But still, I enjoy the fast-paced and fun to watch gameplay.

On the other hand, Brawl has more stages, characters, music, and extra features.

So I think Project M is right for me then.

Brawl mods is a huge plus. It's the only reason I'd ever play this game.

Timmy, Ness has been buffed in Brawl, so I guess that's why you enjoy Brawl more. I am a naturally defensive player, so Brawl's change suits me. Still, I like offensive options, not poke wars, and having the majority of my mains receive a major nerfhammer (especially Mario) doesn't help at all.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Mr. L rocks! said:
Rosalina is hot
And that's unpopular, how?
Maybe because a lot of people think of her an more of an ethereal character and describe her more as elegant and regal than in such earthly terms as hotness. Or not, I dunno.

Walkazo said:
Maybe because a lot of people think of her an more of an ethereal character and describe her more as elegant and regal than in such earthly terms as hotness. Or not, I dunno.

Does this matter to men?

Baby Luigi said:
Walkazo said:
Does this matter to men?

Contrary to popular belief, men do have differing tastes in women.

Too bad it's the outside that matters more than the inside. :diddy:

It doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but I have to say that your whole new set (especially your username and profile image) is absolutely disturbing.

And also contrary to popular belief, there are men who do care about more than the outside.

You can please stop stereotyping my gender now.

Dr. Javelin said:
And also contrary to popular belief, there are men who do care about more than the outside.

You can please stop stereotyping my gender now.

dont worry

women are the same

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of men who mostly care about the outside. But it's not a universal thing.

Of course it's not a universal thing. We're all (as far as we know) on Earth.

Anyway, the NSMB games aren't bad.

Mario4Ever said:

Well, I don't think they're bad, just tired

Mario4Ever said:
Of course it's not a universal thing. We're all (as far as we know) on Earth.

i only played ds and wii versions, i really wasnt too impressed though.

Although i will admit that nsbm2 looks rather meh.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Super Mario 3D World is not better than Galaxy.

Much better than 3D Land, far above the NSMB games, but not better than Galaxy.

That's not even unpopular. Galaxy is still hideously overrated to this day. I still think 3D World is better than Galaxy.

Back