Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Unpopular opinion: I dislike Gusty Garden's theme.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Unpopular opinion: I dislike Gusty Garden's theme.

Why, because it's played in the Champion's Road?

That, and it's the most overused tune from both Galaxy game. Why can't they use Buoy Base, Ghostly Galaxy, or even Good Egg?

It's overused, yes, but it's still a good theme

It's not brainfart noise like the Underground Theme

It's akin to eating cookies for a meal every day. You do get tired of it.

The underground theme is balls, so I agree.

Well, this is the first time it was covered/remix since, I dunno, I think Super Mario Galaxy 2. Hell, even Mario Tennis Open used the Observatory theme and the Good Egg theme for the Galaxy court instead.

I still think you're justifying your anger towards Champion's Road by hating the song simply because it is played there.

Gusty Garden is played much more times, though. I think covers of the theme are in Mario & Sonic games and in two of the "hard" levels from Galaxy 2 and this one. Not sure about 3D Land.

Yeah but you still enjoy fan covers of songs that are covered a lot of times already eg the Super Mario Bros. theme. Well bad example, the Super Mario Bros. theme is a classic. I understand disliking Super Mario World's theme since it's literally the ONLY song that plays in Super Mario World, not counting World themes of course.

I wish Nintendo make an open world game, really open world, travel a lot.

and please NEW STORY enough with kidnapping peach already!

And Nintendo's worst idea ever was making the 120 stars collected by Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy almost identical to the first 120 stars collected by Mario.

Kazooie said:
I wish Nintendo make an open world game, really open world, travel a lot.

And Nintendo's worst idea ever was making the 120 stars collected by Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy almost identical to the first 120 stars collected by Mario.

None of this is unpopular

ok, but that isn't what I wanted

Bowser as a playable character. we had this before and we need to have it again!

Solar Blaze said:
Kazooie said:
I'm guessing you aren't aware of 3D World, then?
Still involves kidnapping, though.

Kazooie said:
ok, but that isn't what I wanted

Bowser as a playable character. we had this before and we need to have it again!

How is that unpopular?

An example of an unpopular opinion is saying that Super Mario Galaxy sucks or Mario Party: Island Tour is the best game in the Mario Party series.

I know. That's a step up, at least.

It looks good, but is it good?

I don't care I just like the minigames, it is the only thing that makes me like the Mario Party series.

Am I the only one who would not like to see a "Rainbow Cup" in Mario Kart 8?

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Am I the only one who would not like to see a "Rainbow Cup" in Mario Kart 8?

I don't want to see it at ALL

Racing 5-6 Rainbow Roads in a row is utterly boring

Candice said:
But at least they are all different.

It's not so much the course layout that bugs me. I love Rainbow Road. But the rainbow theme will become tiring and boring. Variety makes things nice. That's why you'll never see 4 circuits in one cup.

Since Mario Kart 7 broke the trend of not including Rainbow Roads in retro courses, there is less chance a Rainbow Cup will appear.

Back