Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Goombas are some of the most important characters in the franchise and their importance goes unrecognized in my opinion.

Without Goombas, the original Super Mario Bros. game would have been seen as good but too hard, possibly not releasing it in the west. Mario would not have gotten as popular, or worse case scenario, it stays a one-off Japan only NES title like Mysterious Murasame Castle. NES's hottest selling game would have been Duck Hunt. Perhaps Nintendo would continue the Duck Hunt series for their later consoles. Nintendo's mascot would have most likely ended up being either Link or Donkey Kong, or maybe both.

Going back to my opinion on those human characters who only appeared in the Mario Golf and Tennis series, I just realised that the one I do like is Plum. I mean what's not to love about that laugh she makes at the end of the intro to Mario Golf 64?

It has the best Battle Mode.

But seriously, every Mario Kart has single-player issues that only Battle Mode kinda fixes, and they botched it in Mario Kart 8.

I'm revisiting my old opinion on Rosalina. As of late, she is very slowly growing on me. Must be because of how nicely detailed, shiny and smooth her Amiibo is.

And as you can tell by my avatar, for the last month or so, I've been having this crazy obsession with Daisy.

Grunty Industries said:
Melty Molten Galaxy is my favorite music track in Super Mario Galaxy 1.

That's...not an unpopular opinion

The only thing I believe Mario Superstar Baseball has over Mario Super Sluggers is a catchier menu theme song.

I also miss the times like in Mario Kart Double Dash, when there were 8 lightweights and 5 heavyweights.

I think Mario Super Sluggers character select menu music is just as catchy but I see what you mean.

Baby Luigi said:
I think Mario Super Sluggers character select menu music is just as catchy but I see what you mean.

Yeah, Super Sluggers's menu theme is still really good, but it doesn't have the same beat as the Superstar Baseball one.

sluggers ruined Bowser

I thought Super Paper Mario did.

I meant as a baseball player :P

If Bowser is in the field and not pitching, it's all wrong.

He was like the 2nd best pitcher in the first game.

One thing I don't understand about the Mario Baseball series is why Donkey Kong, Peach and Daisy have weak running. I mean Donkey's got strong legs as well as powerful arms. Peach's running is average and Daisy's running is below average despite the 2 royal ladies having long legs.

Donkey Kong fits the trope of slow but strong character, and it's showcased in nearly every sports installment DK was playable in.

I don't think DK's 4/10 running stat in MSB is that bad, considering his batting stat is 8/10. In Sluggers though, he is very slow, but his batting stat was slightly improved.

ArthurEngine said:
Peach and Daisy have weak running.

So you think 6/10 when upgraded to a star character is weak?

Grunty Industries said:
I don't think DK's 4/10 running stat in MSB is that bad, considering his batting stat is 8/10. In Sluggers though, he is very slow, but his batting stat was slightly improved.

ArthurEngine said:
Peach and Daisy have weak running.

So you think 6/10 when upgraded to a star character is weak?

Actually, I was talking about when they're not upgraded.

It's even weirder knowing that the Mario Bros. can run faster than Diddy Kong in Super Sluggers. Typically, Diddy is supposed to be more mobile than Mario and Luigi.

Back