Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I don't loathe New Donk City or its realistic humans. To me it's a breath of fresh air from green grass and Toads.

Don't think that's unpopular, it's just from people who'll bitch about anything. I for one welcome humans. It's something Mario has never done before, and I love when they take risks like that. It opens up possibilities.

I love New Donk City because it's a city with more realistic humans. My only gripe is that Mario is as tall as an effing fire hydrant.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I love New Donk City because it's a city with more realistic humans. My only gripe is that Mario is as tall as an effing fire hydrant.

Yeah if memory serves me right, Mario is at least 5'1"; two inches taller than Greninja.

According to an old poster anyway, but there is no way he can be that tiny relative to "normal" humans. Mario's been around "normal" humans in Smash.

Of course, as I said, if he can drive those realistic cars, it would make a little more sense because when he's at "normal" size, I don't think he can exactly fit in those cars. He won't be able to see the road.

I don't think many people are directly complaining about the "realistic" humans in New Donk, but simply that a tiny Mario looks funny next to "realistic" humans.

It's more a mixed bag than anything. I do think it's a sizeable amount of complaints. Certainly, it has the most memorable impression of most viewers, including me. I'm hoping the city world is big and fun to roam around in.

Time Turner said:
I don't think many people are directly complaining about the "realistic" humans in New Donk, but simply that a tiny Mario looks funny next to "realistic" humans.

Well the real thing is that it's style clashing, and thats never really appealing to the eye.

Same thing rolled around in sonic adventure as well, and its rather glaring.

But regardless there could be worse, so its nothing too major.

Lin said:
I see that Mr. L is a thing that has its fair share of fans and I guess it's "just me" but I don't get it. I don't even think the outfit looks cool honestly.
I personally like him because he's such a stark contrast to the cowardly Luigi. You don't expect Luigi to be that boisterous and killer and that's what's fun about it for me.

He's using it in a way adults can call little boys stuff like "sonny", from the looks of it.

Banzai Bills are better than Bullet Bills and also look cooler than Bullet Bills and should be in more games than Bullet Bills.

I'm also probably the only person in this forum who finds Mario cute. Not even the sound composers want us to think he's cute.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Super-Mario-Galaxy/Volume-3-The-Sound-Team/2-A-Sound-That-Defines-Mario/2-A-Sound-That-Defines-Mario-205066.html said:
When I heard that, I realised that I had always had this image that Mario was a character for kids, and without realising it, I had been composing “cute” music that I thought would appeal to children. I asked Kondo-san at the time, "Then what kind of music would work with Mario?” He replied that "Mario is cool".

I like Cat Peach more than the regular Peach.

Which comment particularly? I made several. :/

But she's hilarious! She makes horrible cat puns and make cat noises when she's hit. You can also make crass cat jokes about her too! Regular Peach doesn't have that.

i guess i still like regular peach the most, freaking paper mario and ttyd peach was astounding.

Lin said:
I see that Mr. L is a thing that has its fair share of fans and I guess it's "just me" but I don't get it. I don't even think the outfit looks cool honestly.
Ikr his suit looks like it's a spandex jumpsuit with a belt there for no reason and has giant yellow buttons that do nothing but look stupid. I don't know why anyone would ever like him.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I'm also probably the only person in this forum who finds Mario cute. Not even the sound composers want us to think he's cute.
Some parts of the Super Mario Odyssey trailer seemed to portray him as cute or lovable. Examples are his height compared to the other humans and the part where he's dancing with that radio thing.

Mr L is a novelty character without longevity if you ask me

Back