Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Time Turner said:
I... really don't remember that time when Bowser Jr. was a clone.

It's a gag. Most people think he's a clone because Shigeru Miyamoto said he was Bowser Jr.'s mother. That doesn't mean it's true, though.

Time Turner said:
I... really don't remember that time when Bowser Jr. was a clone.

Maybe he's referring to how Bowser Jr. looks a lot like Baby Bowser...which is all the time

ArthurEngine said:
-I prefer Bowser's Gamecube-era voice over his current monster-like voice.

Well that's just crazy talk.

ArthurEngine said:
-I think Rosalina could be Peach's mother.

What made you think that? It seems more likely that Rosalina existed long before the Mario Bros., Princess Peach, and even Bowser were born.

Daisy also used to look like Peach

Does that make Daisy Peach's mom?

Guess not.

I thought we were over it when they admited Rosalina being related to Peach was intended but ultimately dropped.

Well, the thing about Daisy's differing appearance to both Peach and Rosalina is that Rosalina and Peach are both blonde and have similar looking faces. Daisy's titian-haired turned brunette turned back to titian-haired, her face, sure it looked similar to Peach, but come the Gamecube-era, her eyes got larger, she lost some visible eyelashes and she always looked just as young if not younger than Peach.

TheCapeLuigi said:
Also, can toads and humans even reproduce? I'm pretty sure that's completely impossible.
Adoption.

A few more opinions coming from me.

-I find the human characters introduced in Mario Golf, Mario Golf GBC, Mario Tennis GBC, Mario Golf Advance Tour and Mario Tennis Power Tour kind of uninteresting. I tried to like them, but they didn't click with me.

-Super Mario Galaxy 2 hasn't aged well with me.

-I get confused when playing the original Super Mario 64 after playing the DS remake.

ArthurEngine said:
-I find the human characters introduced in Mario Golf, Mario Golf GBC, Mario Tennis GBC, Mario Golf Advance Tour and Mario Tennis Power Tour kind of uninteresting. I tried to like them, but they didn't click with me.

I don't think this one's actually that unpopular. I actually tend to agree with you, I have no idea why Nintendo had to add them in.

They feel particularly out of place to me because there are no other normal humans in Mario's land. If humans were walking around in the backgrounds alongside the Toads and Shy Guys, they might feel like a better fit to me.

According to the scientifically illiterate in literature that's 200 years old. I'm sure more recent research would confirm Mario's a human, perhaps H. sapiens nintendonus.

Grunty Industries said:
Magikrazy said:
They feel particularly out of place to me because there are no other normal humans in Mario's land.

Aren't Peach, Daisy and Rosalina humans?
Peach: Kinda, but considering her Grandma is a Toad, she's probably only mostly human.
Daisy: I mean she looks human, but Sarasaland is a pretty apeshit cuckoo bananas kingdom, so can you trust anything about her?
Rosalina: Yeah, she's human. Hell, she could even be from Earth.

Back