Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Not sure if that's unpopular, "Hey Stinky!" is a good taunt.

Although I would say that (at least as far as 7 since I don't own 6) Luigi has a better taunt.

Toadette's is kinda dumb, unless Mushroom is supposed to be some kind of swear among Toads.

Magikrazy said:
Not sure if that's unpopular, "Hey Stinky!" is a good taunt.

Although I would say that (at least as far as 7 since I don't own 6) Luigi has a better taunt.

Toadette's is kinda dumb, unless Mushroom is supposed to be some kind of swear among Toads.

I've also heard that Waluigi's "You're lousy!" taunt is also funny.

Deinosuchus said:
Mario has the best taunt in Mario Party 6 and 7.
Well, I think his "Cam awn!" in Mario Party 8 is better.

"You're lousy!" is also funny, and Luigi's sneeze is one of Luigi's best noises hands down. Hell, it beats out Mario's sneezing from Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Magikrazy said:

Northern Verve once said that some LP'ers made Toadette say "Mushroom" for them in-game every time they themselves need to say that word when talking to each other

Bowser has the best taunts because you never know what he's actually saying.

He one time said "Amateur". And "I rule!"

And there's the dialogue.

LeftyGreenMario said:
He one time said "Amateur". And "I rule!"

And there's the dialogue.

Yeah, but for the most part it\s just various growls, roars and laughs.

Taunting needs to return in Mario Golf.

That's not unpopular.

I liked the dialogue and I believe many people do.

I also liked it more when Shadow Mario had the ability to make coherent words in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. I don't know why U.S. versions don't have that.

I would like pyramid park more if it didn't have the event that randomly steals a star from the player in first place which is usually me

i like Ice themed boards the most , Chilly Waters is one of my favorites because of the Music and envoirment.

I miss the old Mario Parties so much.

My unpopular opinion: prefer Sherbet Land N64 over Sherbet Land from GCN, the music in the latter is just not as upbeat as i'd like.

My favorite ice-themed Mario Party board is Snowflake Lake. Mostly because of the snowball fight and the huge amount of duel spaces on that board. It's really easy to make Wario and Waluig get zero coins like this:

SnowflakeLake-Snowball.png

Emulation makes it even better, because you can easily cheese Pitifall and Trick or Tree with Dolphin's Free Look.

I had more sadistic fun in that match compared to any moment in Super Mario Galaxy.

Mario is better than Luigi.

You're going to see LeftyGreenMario kissing your feet if you say that.

He said that before. I believe he said that Mario is his second-favorite. It's been brought up MANY times in this thread, and I can't agree more.

Mario is so awesome, it causes everyone around him to faint because they can't take their sheer inferiority to Mario. Wario is extremely vulnerable, so he implodes.

I wanna bump the Mario appreciation thread, but it's just gonna become a babbling monologue by yours truly.

Yup, he's right after the big guy in terms of favourites.

Mario as the protagonist with Bowser as the antagonist will always be my preferred set up.

Sometimes I like Bowser not being the main villain. By that I mean if I was given the option to be able to play as Bowser or have him as the bad guy for the umpteenth time I'd rather play as him

Alolan Ninetales said:
Sometimes I like Bowser not being the main villain. By that I mean if I was given the option to be able to play as Bowser or have him as the bad guy for the umpteenth time I'd rather play as him

I can see how people would feel that way but for me I'll never get tired of it.

Provided he does different things with every game and not just basic recycled boss premises.

So do I. I like the pacifier it has.

I think King Boo's Haunted Hideaway in Mario Party 8 is not the worst board. I think Bowser's Warped Orbit and Goomba's Booty Boardwalk are worse.

Back