Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Bowser's Warped Orbit is annoying with the random-way split paths but I don't think it's any worse than a luck-based board like King Boo's Haunted Hideaway. I'll give you that Goomba's Booty Boardwalk is pretty wretched though.

Rusty Bucket Bay said:
Am I the only one who dislikes the Magic Lamp or any item that directly takes you to a star in Mario Party?

Sometimes that item can help you bounce back, though it won't do you any good if you don't have enough coins to buy a Star.

MnSG said:
Sometimes that item can help you bounce back, though it won't do you any good if you don't have enough coins to buy a Star.

I mean, the Magic Lamp is helpful for those who are behind, but should players in first place be able to buy them, when they usually have 120+ Coins?

Rusty Bucket Bay said:
I mean, the Magic Lamp is helpful for those who are behind, but should players in first place be able to buy them, when they usually have 120+ Coins?

You do have a point there, but then there are ways that you can lose Stars as well.

Hoarding your wealth is fun, too. Communism is evil.

i love baby park

but i think double dash's tracks are fairly mediorcre

But Baby Park actually works in DD thanks to the items and physics.

It was a true mistake to bring it back in DS, thats for sure.

Mister Wu said:
I suppose you put this opinion in this thread because of that infamous oval track, right?

The way DD works, Baby Park is crazy with the items, especially the Bowser Shell. The very catchy music helps too.

Sometimes I wish for a sequel to Mario Sports Mix, but instead of Hockey, Football (Soccer for the United States) would be one of the sports choices.

I'd like another Squeenix-developed Mario sports game. I think they did a pretty fantastic job with Sports Mix, the only biggest downsides I found with the game are all roster-related and even so, all characters feel polished and different to play, thanks to their different abilities and special abilities.

Swiftie_Luma said:
But Baby Park actually works in DD thanks to the items and physics.

It was a true mistake to bring it back in DS, thats for sure.

ugh sometimes i just feel like mkds is a mistake in general.

Unrelated but nice new avatar.

MnSG said:
Sometimes I wish for a sequel to Mario Sports Mix, but instead of Hockey, Football (Soccer for the United States) would be one of the sports choices.
Eh, while I like the idea of Mario Sports Collections, Sports Superstars already looks to be a superior sequel (now we just need football and bowling).

Rusty Bucket Bay said:
Magikrazy said:
Eh, while I like the idea of Mario Sports Collections, Sports Superstars already looks to be a superior sequel (now we just need football and bowling).

American football or soccer?

Well, since soccer already has its own games, I'm going to guess American football. Bowling already exists too, but let's be honest. It was pretty crappy.

Magikrazy said:

The only downside is knowing that it's a 3DS only game. Hopefully the Nintendo Switch may get some sort of Mario Sports Mix sequel in the future.

Mario Sports Superstars is created by a different developer than Mario Sports Mix so that's one of the reasons I wouldn't compare the two. The other reason is that it has an entirely different sports collection. Golf, Tennis, Baseball, and Horse Racing all play entirely different from Hockey, Dodgeball, Basketball, and Volleyball, with only Volleyball and Tennis being...a bit similar but not quite.

Mario Sports Superstars isn't the sequel to Sports Mix, that's what I'm saying.

You have to have at least two people per team in Volleyball, while you can go all singles in Tennis. But yeah I've gotten down that you can't compare Mario Sports Mix to Mario Sports Superstars.

Here's a really unpopular opinion: my favorite SM64 level is Tick Tock Clock.

I like Jolly Roger Bay more than Dire Dire Docks, and I find it weird that people refer to its background music as "Dire Dire Docks".

Back