Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mcmadness said:
Warioware ruined Wario

How. Like his personality or his series?

I never liked chapter 2 in TTYD due to needing to keep all the Punis with you at all times which is annoying since they'll run off if they find the Piders, inexplicably not follow Mario, unable to jump off ledges, and making them go down the holes.

I also find chapter 3 overrated due to Grubba's fight conditions. They serve absolutely no purpose than unecessarily dragging out the fights.

NanoRim said:
The lava boating segment in Corona Mountain isn't that bad. :mario:

id much rather do that 10 times then to ever do the lilypad mission ever again to say the least.

Mario is Missing is good.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is fun.
I plan on hacking MK SNES and replacing Liu Kang with Mario.
I wish Yoshi was a dragon.

Mario Party has always been terrible.

It's just a terrible thats fun to play with friends.

Mario Party is my second favorite Mario series, though it has to compete with Baseball

Mcmadness said:
Mario Party has always been terrible.

It's just a terrible thats fun to play with friends.

Yeah I'm willing to admit even the best Mario Parties are really mainly a board game that's good for a party with your friends but otherwise alot of the bullshit when playing it alone can get too much (Even in my favorite Mario Party, [That would be Mario Party 2] I've ragequitted games that were against the CPU cause of how insane a bad luck streak for me got and/or good streak for one particular CPU. It should be noted I never dared put the CPU on anything harder then easy. And whenever I play Mario Party alone I still fear the last few turns regardless).

The sheer salt that comes from a full four-player game can be worth the entertainment though.

Laverne Todd said:
Mario Party 9 and 10 aren't lame.

honestly 10 looks fun with bowser party and all that, 9 doesnt really interest me but i still need to play the others anyway.

Bowser will never get old.

Yoshi's voice is the main reason I dislike Yoshi. Other reasons include just overall blandness and forced cuteness. And all of his "personality" stems from how cute and happy he is and how he eats a lot. Even if Yoshi isn't annoying, he'd just be really... boring. Or insufferable in the cartoons (but just to be fair, everyone's a moron there).

Yeah, you can say Mario's personality is pretty flat, but Yoshi didn't crack a funny joke involving Pokemon, Mario doesn't need to try to act cute to be cute, and Mario flies for you.

Mcmadness said:
Bowser will never get old.
Bowser has the best stuff in Mario Party and MaRPG games, heh.

Bowser is the best in everything.

Except in the games where he isn't.

But we don't talk about those.

I think Galaxy 2 is Yoshi's worst. Not sure if his voice overlaps with Sunshine's or not at all, but dear god, Yoshi sounds especially awful in Galaxy 2. They seemed to up the squeakiness and squealing quality of Yoshi's voice even more than normal and his voice even seems to replace Mario's voice rather than have both exclaiming things, which is very jarring when you're riding from a Launch Star, dying, or getting a Power Star. On the more objective side of my criticism of that game (but not wholly objective, mind you), Yoshi not being there all that often is a bad thing (mostly because how the game advertises Yoshi's presence, but Yoshi himself adds little to the gameplay due to the lack of presence), but if I let my very personal tastes get in the way, I'd call it a good thing in disguise.

Oh yeah. His taunting noises were especially bad IMO. Funny, the next Mario games would reuse several of those voices, particularly the falling one.

I don't know if Nintendo's really, really fond of Totaka's voice work or if they really don't care to giving Yoshi a newer variety of voice effects.

Usually like the new Yoshi voices suck. Mario Kart Wii is ok*, but Mario Kart 8, Yoshi sounds really effed up.

*Relatively speaking of course, we're talking about Yoshi here

Back