New Super Mario Bros. 2

I think the game because I had fun with it.

^Fact. My opinion is backed by my enjoyment. But your facts are valid. There are two kinds of people, the ones who are happy with what they are given (I probably fit here) and those that want more from games than the norm. Both are good, because without the latter, game companies wouldn't strive to become better at making games.

Also, I thought the raccoon tail was useful. It did give me a nice check of what was hidden in the sky for some levels.

Crackin355 said:
Also, I thought the raccoon tail was useful. It did give me a nice check of what was hidden in the sky for some levels.
Yes, but it just felt underused to me. I barely needed to use it - it felt more like a power-up to help people who had trouble playing without it.

Re: New Super Mario Bros. U

DonnyKD said:
What makes NSMB2 bad? Just because it didn't really do things alot differently? You do know that originality =/= good?
I think the general consensus is that yeah, it's fun, but Nintendo can do better then this.

Re: New Super Mario Bros. U

Smashgoom202 said:
DonnyKD said:
What makes NSMB2 bad? Just because it didn't really do things alot differently? You do know that originality =/= good?
I think the general consensus is that yeah, it's fun, but Nintendo can do better then this.

Sounds about right. Level design isn't terrible, but it could have used more original ideas / gimmicks as well as some actual incentive for coin collection. Coin Rush was also disappointing.

EDIT: And did someone just defend the plagiarized music? Now I've seen everything.

The music is not plagiarized since how can you plagiarize your own music? "Recycled" is the better term.

"Plagiarized" has a more critical, polemic flair to it than "recycled," although if you care about accuracy and clarity and small things like that, then sure.

Just got the game. I like the easiness, because it provides the fun with less of the frustration. Always nice to have a new Super Mario entry to explore.

Say, does anyone know if there are any white squares that allow you to fall behind the backgrounds (like the original SMB3)?

Eric B said:
Just got the game. I like the easiness, because it provides the fun with less of the frustration. Always nice to have a new Super Mario entry to explore.

Say, does anyone know if there are any white squares that allow you to fall behind the backgrounds (like the original SMB3)?

There is not.
By the way I can accept that the game is easy but at least Nintendo could have made the Hidden world hard...

Cirdec said:
Eric B said:

There is not.
By the way I can accept that the game is easy but at least Nintendo could have made the Hidden world hard...
NSMBU looked harder than this game from the first trailer which is a good thing.

They only made this easy so players can get though it without frustration and have the chance to relax.

Anyway did anyone actually die on any of the levels.

No, they're totally different tunes. NSMB ghost houses retained the SMW "spooky version" of the [SMW] castle music (with the high pitched "Halloween" sounds and the low pitched horns), and the castle music was totally different and not used in any other game.
The ghost house and castle tunes for NSMBW and NSMB2 are so catchy.

I received a spotpass notification, over 10 000 have reached the million coins, global total surpassed 100 bilion coins, to commemorate this, they have re-opened every Toad House in the game.

Pretty disappointing.

Cirdec said:
I received a spotpass notification, over 10 000 have reached the million coins, global total surpassed 100 bilion coins, to commemorate this, they have re-opened every Toad House in the game.

Pretty disappointing.

Atleast they did something for it, all those fuckers complaining the coins did nothing, boom, they just did something, even if it's small. Get over it.

I hope that they do something big for when a trillion coins are collected in total, like releasing one of the DLCs for free or something.

Cirdec said:

Pretty disappointing.

That's quite redundant if you've already completed everything in the game.

Lakituthequick said:
I just listened to the soundtrack of this game on YouTube and I don't get the fuss of the Bah's in Castles, Fortresses and Ghost Houses.

Maybe it's just you, but for us, we don't really like it. The bahs don't really fit in the serious environments.

And, besides, I wish they put this music in instead of the recycled music:

Really nice and catchy.

Crackin355 said:
Cirdec said:

Pretty disappointing.

Atleast they did something for it, all those *bleep*ers complaining the coins did nothing, boom, they just did something, even if it's small. Get over it.

What's with this attitude? I see this from NSMB2 apologists all the time, and I can't tell if it's misplaced anger or simple insecurity. You can love a series- or even a game- and still approach it through a critical lens; there's nothing incompatible about that approach. People's complaints have never been that the coins do nothing, since, after all, they provide you with a couple new title screens. The problem is that the coins don't do nearly enough, and not having a proper incentive for a game's central mechanic is a serious flaw indeed.

Lakituthequick said:
I just listened to the soundtrack of this game on YouTube and I don't get the fuss of the Bah's in Castles, Fortresses and Ghost Houses.
I actually think the "bah"s make the Ghost House music better...

also why am i posting in this thread i despise this game

Crackin355 said:
I know, but it's just people complaining, over and over.

People need to be more optimistic.

There's nothing wrong with looking at things critically and not be kissing asses all the time.

And you know what? You say "get over it" to us, but the complaining is NOT going to stop and there's absolutely NOTHING WRONG if there actually is a flaw in the game. Stop pretending that flaws in the games don't exist and accept the fact that the game does have several serious flaws if people are complaining about it again and again.

Pyro said:
Lakituthequick said:
I actually think the "bah"s make the Ghost House music better...

also why am i posting in this thread i despise this game

The funny thing about all of this is that in the underwater areas, wind chimes replace the "bah". Amusingly, I thought the church bells would be the Ghost House's version of the "bah", until now.

Will actually agree with Nabber on this one, I barely have played the game and it bores me, im waiting for NSMBU.

Back