Surprising Stuff in Pokemon

I've always wondered how Primeape is capable of learning Iron Tail when it doesn't have a tail. Yes, I'm well aware that it had a tail as a Mankey, but since it evolved, the tail disappeared.

It probably feels like it has a tail, but instead of using its tail, it uses its, uh, bottom

Speaking of which, how can Dodrio learn fly if it has no wings?

Its tail feathers probably provide a lot of lift.

Starting with Crystal, you were allowed to choose your charaacter's gender. I wonder what happens to the other character during your adventure (i.e. if you choose the boy, what happens to the girl?).

Although it does get explained in Hoenn with the other character being Birch's child and helping him with research, while Sinnoh helps Rowan, Johto (HeartGold/SoulSilver) show the other character walking around giving you tips and gifts whenever you meet, and Unova has the other character on the Battle Sub. I still wonder where the other character is in Crystal and FireRed/LeafGreen.

He's somewhere else, relaxing

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:
Speaking of which, how can Dodrio learn fly if it has no wings?
The same way Golurk flies without wings.

WITH ROCKET BOOSTERS

Speaking of this, Garchomp quickly comes to mind.

Okay, how does a Pokemon dive underwater in the middle of a battle when there is not water?

On a more disturbing note, Kangaskhan already has a baby as soon as it hatches out of its egg. Also, as soon as a pokemon hatches, it can breed with one of it's parents. O_O

EDIT:

False advertising, much?

pokmon-anywhere-thats-such-a-cool-bike.png

Joey Wheeler said:
Okay, how does a Pokemon dive underwater in the middle of a battle when there is not water?
They... uh... crap. My creativity has run dry here.

The only theory I can come up is realy outlandish: they somehow "phase" through the ground and jump up. Or perhaps they dive into the water table.
Joey Wheeler said:
On a more disturbing note, Kangaskhan already has a baby as soon as it hatches out of its egg. Also, as soon as a pokemon hatches, it can breed with one of it's parents. O_O
Pokemon could easily have different biological systems than any creature we currently know, so you shouldn't lump them into the norm. It's entirely possible a Pokemon could be mature enough to breed after it hatches.

Hypocritical humor at it's finest.

pokmon-pokemon-logic.jpg

People EAT Pokemon?! Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised since we eat meat in the real world, but still...
uAWXP0_QDUq1OBgYKKGi4g2.png

Also, regarding Yamask and Cof agrigus, they used to be humans, right? So doesn't catching one and using it to battle count as slavery?

Joey Wheeler said:
Also, regarding Yamask and Cof agrigus, they used to be humans, right? So doesn't catching one and using it to battle count as slavery?
ghosts =/= humans

By the same logic that skeletons and undead creatures aren't human.

Here's another outlandish theory: Poke Balls take some of the wild Pokemon's energy to create the binding force in order to catch them the first time. However, when they're fainted, they can't supply the energy and therefore the Poke Ball doesn't work.

I wonder how single gender pokemon are capable of having off spring.

Some have opposite gender counterparts like Tauros and Miltank, but others like Kangaskhan, Jynx, and the Machop family don't.

How in blazes can a Mr. Mime be female? 0_o

Joey Wheeler said:
Baby Luigi said:
How in blazes can a Mr. Mime be female? 0_o

In Japen, Mr. Mime's name is "Barrier" or something. And Pokemon didn't have genders in Generation 1 except for the 2 Nidoran families.

They still should have made him gender exclusive like Nidoking or Chansey

They're not human, but it's still unsettling.

Back