Surprising Stuff in Pokemon

587Emolga.png

Why did Game Freak create this thing? It's just a flying Pachirisu.

Joey Wheeler said:
587Emolga.png

Reminds me of the comic where a Zoroark killed a pachirisu's parents and it became that to take revenge on evil.

Hilarious btw.

Yeah, but it looks unbelieveably cute, which is more than the last few Electric rodent Pokemon (Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu) could say.

Plus it could be used as an Agility Baton Passer, albeit one that's worse than Ninjask...

let's just leave it at

it looks inbelieveably cute

Dr. Javelin said:
Yeah, but it looks unbelieveably cute, which is more than the last few Electric rodent Pokemon (Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu) could say.

Plus it could be used as an Agility Baton Passer, albeit one that's worse than Ninjask...

let's just leave it at

it looks inbelieveably cute

I actually thought it would have been good until I saw the stats. :(

Sad as I like the design, but w/e. Also why Elesa used two of them was a bit odd.

*ignores the Emolga picture*

I wonder how the Amulet Coin makes trainers give you double the money the normally give you. If the Amulet Coin copies the money, wouldn't it be counterfeit? Or does the Amulet Coin hypnotize other trainers into giving you more money?

Also from TVTropes:

TVTropes said:
Uxie, for example, wipes out the memories of anyone who sees its eyes. Dialga and Palkia control time and space, respectively. Arceus created the universe, thus making it effectively God. You'd think that these features might translate to special abilities in-game, but not really. These legendary Pokémon have generally high stats, but none of the instant-win powers that you might suspect they have. Even some average, non-legendary Pokémon have out-there entries, such as the burns of a Houndoom supposedly never healing.

◦ Many descriptions in the Pokédex describe Pokémon eating other Pokémon, while in the actual games, all they can eat is either bait, Berries, Pokéblocks, or Poffin.

◦ In HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, when the player defeats Lance, DJ Mary runs into the room. The leading Pokémon dashes behind the player, even if it's supposed to be very slow, like Shuckle or Snorlax.

Even common Pokémon can be subject to this. Magcargo is a decent Fire/Rock type. According to the Pokédex, its body temperature is 18,000 degress Fahrenheit. The surface of the Sun is about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Just one of these things should kill everything that comes anywhere near it.

Joey Wheeler said:
*ignores the Emolga picture*

I wonder how the Amulet Coin makes trainers give you double the money the normally give you. If the Amulet Coin copies the money, wouldn't it be counterfeit? Or does the Amulet Coin hypnotize other trainers into giving you more money?

Also from TVTropes:

TVTropes said:
Uxie, for example, wipes out the memories of anyone who sees its eyes. Dialga and Palkia control time and space, respectively. Arceus created the universe, thus making it effectively God. You'd think that these features might translate to special abilities in-game, but not really. These legendary Pokémon have generally high stats, but none of the instant-win powers that you might suspect they have. Even some average, non-legendary Pokémon have out-there entries, such as the burns of a Houndoom supposedly never healing.

◦ Many descriptions in the Pokédex describe Pokémon eating other Pokémon, while in the actual games, all they can eat is either bait, Berries, Pokéblocks, or Poffin.

◦ In HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, when the player defeats Lance, DJ Mary runs into the room. The leading Pokémon dashes behind the player, even if it's supposed to be very slow, like Shuckle or Snorlax.

Even common Pokémon can be subject to this. Magcargo is a decent Fire/Rock type. According to the Pokédex, its body temperature is 18,000 degress Fahrenheit. The surface of the Sun is about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Just one of these things should kill everything that comes anywhere near it.

For Uxie, It's eyes ARE closed. Dialga and Palkia may control time and space, but it's not as though there are any moves that literally warp time and space. Jesus, if you wanted to go back in time, just delete the save file. Arceus is like god, he doesn't to use ALL his power, gee, you want to be responsible for an extinction of pokemon? Houndoom happens to be a fire type. And it's NINTENDO, you honestly think that they will show eating Pokemon? For DJ Mary, if I were a pokemon, I'd try to run away from her. Also, they bond with trainers, so they try to keep, lest be abandoned. Magcargo lives in a volcano, plus it has to constantly move unless you want them to freeze to death. The lava is their blood

RandomGuy said:
Magcargo lives in a volcano, plus it has to constantly move unless you want them to freeze to death. The lava is their blood

I doubt volcanoes are hotter than the surface of the sun

Baby Luigi said:
RandomGuy said:
Magcargo lives in a volcano, plus it has to constantly move unless you want them to freeze to death. The lava is their blood

I doubt volcanoes are hotter than the surface of the sun
I forgot the temperature but the sun is hotter than lava.

Joey Wheeler said:
587Emolga.png

I agree that Emolga should have been a Pachirisu evolution by the least (but then again one can argue the same thing for Luvdisc + Alomomola and Tauros + Bouffalant). Regardless, a flying squirrel Pokemon is still a neat idea (and it is really only the facial appearance of Emolga that bears a resemblance to Pachirisu).

Still Emolga does make it up for being a rather fun and even mighty Pokemon when trained right (I really do like its typing as well). I managed to do quite well in various battles with my own Emolga in Black as well.

I like Emolga, and you're right, the only resemblance to Pachirisu is the face.

@Propeller Toad: That was kind of a joke, by "flying Pachirisu", I meant that they were both squirrels, electric-types (with Emolga being part flying of course), and mediocre stats, not physical appearances.

Joey Wheeler said:
@Propeller Toad: That was kind of a joke, by "flying Pachirisu", I meant that they were both squirrels, electric-types (with Emolga being part flying of course), and mediocre stats, not physical appearances.

Oh no problem! Emolga shares some similarities with Pachirisu, so it is understandable to make that comparison. :P

I'm surprised that Javelin seems to get quite a few Pokemon with good natures and/or IVs without even trying, and I have yet to have that happen to me once.

Yoshiwalker said:
I'm surprised that Javelin seems to get quite a few Pokemon with good natures and/or IVs without even trying, and I have yet to have that happen to me once.

Blame it on the random number generator

Hm, always wonder why the doors usually face the same direction? Not to mention, they're usually unlocked 24/7?

La Marionette said:
Hm, always wonder why the doors usually face the same direction? Not to mention, they're usually unlocked 24/7?

Welcome to rpgs.

Oh, what I found surprising is how trainers wait 24/7 to fight you. In the Seafoam Islands in HeartGold, having trainers there surprised me.

LOL! :D

If you played most of HeartGold/SoulSilver, I bet those trainers in Seafoam surprised you. I surprised me and Bloof.

Back