Surprising Stuff in Pokemon

Something I found on the "Police Are Useless" page over at TVTropes.

In Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen, an officer is outisde a house in Cerulean City and when you go in, there's a huge hole in the wall, go through the hole, and you're in the backyard and the thief is still there. Granted, YOU as the PLAYER can't go into the house immediately, but the officer is RIGHT THERE and he could've gone inside the house and see the huge hole in the wall. Even if he couldn't defeat the thief in a pokemon battle, he could've at least seeen him.

Was Cyrus ever able to escape from Giratina's dimension (forgot the name of the place)?

I deduced that Pokemon actually bleed when they are hit. Proof? Brine. It does more damage when they are on low health, i.e. are bleeding since salt hurts a lot when it gets in wounds.

SexyEspeon said:
Was Cyrus ever able to escape from Giratina's dimension (forgot the name of the place)?
No, since you just captured the only way to escape. Also, it's called the distortion world.

Why are all the twins (except for Tate) girls? Why not have boy/mixed gender twins?

Also, why make Tate a boy in the first place? Prior to learning their names, or watching the anime (which is how I figured out Tate's a boy), people are going to mistake Tate for a girl anyway. Seriously, first Bugsy and now Tate?

Joey Wheeler said:
Why not have boy/mixed gender twins?

I'm not sure why there aren't any boy twins, but I can explain why there aren't any mixed gender. Identical twins are generally more well-known as twins than fraternal twins, and identical twins must have the same gender.

Joey Wheeler said:
Still, having same gender identical twins is boring and cliche.

It's impossible to have different gendered identical twins. You can only have it on fraternal twins.

I agree that it's stereotypical to always have twins as identical. They should put more fraternal twins in the games, but unfortunately, identical twins are more recognizable than fraternal.

Still, having opposite gender twins would actually educate some people that the word "twins" merely means siblings born at the same time, not necessarily the same gender.

Not really surprising, more like laziness/lack of creativity on the developers' part, but starting with Blaziken, every fire starter gained fighting as a second type upon evolving.

Joey Wheeler said:
Not really surprising, more like laziness/lack of creativity on the developers' part, but starting with Blaziken, every fire starter gained fighting as a second type upon evolving.
I agree. That's why I always chose the grass type from Gen 3 onwards.

Joey Wheeler said:
All of them are justified, though.

Blaziken is based on cockfights.

Infernape and Emboar are both based on characters from Journey to the West.

It doesn't need to be three beeping times in a row

I heard something about it being based on a Hindu myth or something about a pig, a chicken, and a monkey, but I'm not sure. Check Bulbapedia, they might know.

Dr. Javelin said:
I heard something about it being based on a Hindu myth or something about a pig, a chicken, and a monkey, but I'm not sure. Check Bulbapedia, they might know.
I checked and I was right.

Joey Wheeler said:
Still, having opposite gender twins would actually educate some people that the word "twins" merely means siblings born at the same time, not necessarily the same gender.

What dictionary you get that from? Lets say i was born on a day in a month at a specific point in time, and lets say my close cousin was born that specific time while i was being born. are we twins? NO!

Gardevoir said:
Joey Wheeler said:

What dictionary you get that from? Lets say i was born on a day in a month at a specific point in time, and lets say my close cousin was born that specific time while i was being born. are we twins? NO!

"Siblings" is just another way of saying "brothers and sisters".

Cousins are family, but they're not siblings.

No YOU! I found ANOTHER loophole someone is gonna insult me about.. its says if they have the same mom or dad. So if my mom is cheating on my dad and has a child and then my dad cheats on my mom and the other woman has me does that mean were twins :D :yoshi:

RandomGuy said:
SexyEspeon said:
No, since you just captured the only way to escape. Also, it's called the distortion world.
Then what the fuck happened to him?

Those would be half-siblings (siblings who only share ONE parent). Did you see me put the word "half-siblings" in my posts?

SexyEspeon said:
RandomGuy said:
SexyEspeon said:
Then what the *bleep* happened to him?

Maybe he's stuck in there forever? Javelin does say a problem can be solved with some creativity.

SexyEspeon said:
RandomGuy said:
SexyEspeon said:
Then what the *bleep* happened to him?

Probably died by now.

Joey Wheeler said:
Maybe he's stuck in there forever? Javelin does say a problem can be solved with some creativity.
I haven't enough experience to give a good answer, but I would say that it's quite likely he was stuck there. Possibly forever.

After all, you might not even need to eat, drink, etc. in the Distortion World, considering Dialga and time have no meaning there. It's quite possible Cyrus is still there.

The rules of space don't apply; what would normally destroy everything, that is, the antimatter, doesn't in the Distortion World.

Back