Next Mario Baseball roster

D6a0yUG.png

Why aren't he Koopalings there? If there was ever a game PERFECT to include all the Koopalings in, it's a Mario baseball game!

My List

Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Daisy
Toad
Wario
Waluigi
DK
Diddy Kong
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Goomba
Boo
Koopa Troopa
Monty Mole
Wallop
Dixie Kong
Wiggler
Bob-omb
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Paragoomba
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Hammer Bro
Magiakoopa
Toadette
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Birdo

Unlockable
Peach
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Kritter
King K Rool
Fawful
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Rosalina
Shadow Queen

Not to sound like a dick or start an argument, but a legit question:

Do you really think they would make a roster that huge and divese, having loads of recolors and still not a single rpg character? Especially since WarioWare is developed by the same team that makes Paper Mario.

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:

Do you really think they would make a roster that huge and divese, having loads of recolors and still not a single rpg character? Especially since WarioWare is developed by the same team that makes Paper Mario.
How about a whole team of RPG characters?

Fawful (captain)
Dimentio (captain)
Count Bleck
Princess Shroob
Elder Princess Shroob
Cackletta
Shadow Queen
Sir Grodus
And I want Smithy as the last one, but I don't know with Square Enix's rights to him.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:

Based on their track record, yes. They didn't add any RPG characters in Mario Super Sluggers - and god knows how many recolors were there in the game.

But I was really shocked at the size increase in Mario Super Sluggers. I wasn't expecting that many newcomers. I remember thinking it was only going to be a few characters, and then bam, basically twice the size of Mario Superstar Baseball.

I think that Rosalina, Luma (mulit-colors too), Honey Queen, Metal Mario, Lakitu, and Fly Guy are likely new additions to this upcoming game (if they make it of course). Boom Boom and Pom Pom maybe, since they usually are more lenient with the Baseball series for characters, though personally I think they would be bad additions. I would love to see Crazee Dayzees from the Yoshi series, but I'm not sure if they'll be added. I could easily picture Professor E. Gadd and Greenies to make an appearance because of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and I would fine with that. Hmmm...I doubt any more Babies, though Baby DK and Baby Wario are possibilities...

Yeah, personally it would probably be hard to really balance out the teams though...

They woud have to make Rosalina a Captain probably, and give her own team. Problem though is that they would need a secondary team leader for Rosalina, and that would be very hard to do with her...they could just throw another random major character as a captain, and they can be two odd ball captains (I'm mostly thinking about King K. Rool perhaps). Luigi might have his own team since E. Gadd and Greenies will be with it.

cryoAwakening said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

Based on their track record, yes. They didn't add any RPG characters in Mario Super Sluggers - and god knows how many recolors were there in the game.

But I was really shocked at the size increase in Mario Super Sluggers. I wasn't expecting that many newcomers. I remember thinking it was only going to be a few characters, and then bam, basically twice the size of Mario Superstar Baseball.

I think that Rosalina, Luma (mulit-colors too), Honey Queen, Metal Mario, Lakitu, and Fly Guy are likely new additions to this upcoming game (if they make it of course). Boom Boom and Pom Pom maybe, since they usually are more lenient with the Baseball series for characters, though personally I think they would be bad additions. I would love to see Crazee Dayzees from the Yoshi series, but I'm not sure if they'll be added. I could easily picture Professor E. Gadd and Greenies to make an appearance because of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and I would fine with that. Hmmm...I doubt any more Babies, though Baby DK and Baby Wario are possibilities...

Yeah, personally it would probably be hard to really balance out the teams though...

They woud have to make Rosalina a Captain probably, and give her own team. Problem though is that they would need a secondary team leader for Rosalina, and that would be very hard to do with her...they could just throw another random major character as a captain, and they can be two odd ball captains (I'm mostly thinking about King K. Rool perhaps). Luigi might have his own team since E. Gadd and Greenies will be with it.

Baby Donkey Kong already appeared in Mario Super Sluggers, and it's obvious that if Rosalina were to become a captain, her sub-captain would be either Honey Queen or Lubba, with Lubba being the most likely one. Come on, give the poor guy his playable debut!!!

Lubba would be a fine addition as Rosalina's subcaptain. I'm not sure how his Team Names and stuff will go. I think he's more likely to be those characters without any recolors.

Honey Queen is a likelier candidate for being a captain within Rosalina's team. I'm not sure why, but maybe it's because she was playable previously?

Would it be a good idea of other captains got recolors, but you can't use multiple versions of them in the same team? I'd like to see Fire variants of Mario and Luigi, where they have slightly stronger batting, but slightly weaker running.

Magikrazy said:
His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:

How about a whole team of RPG characters?

Fawful (captain)
Dimentio (captain)
Count Bleck
Princess Shroob
Elder Princess Shroob
Cackletta
Shadow Queen
Sir Grodus
And I want Smithy as the last one, but I don't know with Square Enix's rights to him.
instabuy

Yeah, like Nintendo would cater to one person in this entire world.

It just seemed that Magikrazy made that roster specifically for you, so I made a silly comment.

That roster looked so good though! Since he actually acknowledged the fact that Smithy might not make it due to copyrights, this made the roster look like an honestly feasible possibility. So I said I'd instabuy it if they were in it. Although I would have made some changes to it, such as if it were to represent the RPG's as a whole, maybe have some good guys in there too to balance it out, such as the Paper Mario 1-2 partners or Geno (although he is in the same boat as Smithy regarding copyrights.) Or possibly seperate it into two teams, one for RPG heroes and one for villains. But anything with Fawful or Dimentio in it would make me instabuy. Also if Smithy couldn't make it due to copyrights, Antasma comes to mind, and as a new character he seems to have more of a shot at spinoffs than the rest.

Saying "instabuy" was sort of a joke, similar to other users who joke about how something is the best because it has their favorite character. But on the realistic side, I find that with a few tweaks, this could work.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Saying "instabuy" was sort of a joke, similar to other users who joke about how something is the best because it has their favorite character

I don't really joke when I think Mario Kart Wii is the best video game ever solely because Baby Luigi is playable in it

Baby Luigi said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Saying "instabuy" was sort of a joke, similar to other users who joke about how something is the best because it has their favorite character

I don't really joke when I think Mario Kart Wii is the best video game ever solely because Baby Luigi is playable in it
So you think if a game has Baby Luigi in it, but otherwise has broken gameplay, a god-awful roster (full of other characters that you hate), and Baby Luigi has the worst stats, would you still love the game just for the sole fact he is in it?
I'm as big a fan of Fawful as you are of Baby Luigi, but if a game had him in it, but otherwise was horribly broken, I would still not enjoy the game that much.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
So you think if a game has Baby Luigi in it, but otherwise has broken gameplay, a god-awful roster (full of other characters that you hate), and Baby Luigi has the worst stats, would you still love the game just for the sole fact he is in it?
I'm as big a fan of Fawful as you are of Baby Luigi, but if a game had him in it, but otherwise was horribly broken, I would still not enjoy the game that much.

Since that's not practically possible for Baby Luigi to appear in buggy, godawful broken gameplay (he'd appear in a Call of Duty game first) I'd set that aside.

I honestly don't care about a god-awful roster since Baby Luigi is the only character I really use

If he had terrible stats I'd still play as him and still, making him a terrible character is unfeasible as well.

I enjoy all the games where I can control Baby Luigi. Which is like six, ha ha ha

Dark Bowser for next Mario baseball (ok not really, even though he is favorite character he's still an RPG character)

Bowser45 said:
Dark Bowser for next Mario baseball (ok not really, even though he is favorite character he's still an RPG character)
This is one of the few recolors I would actually like to see.
DarkBowsersmiley_zps61892b92.png

Edit: I just saw the white text. If he's your favorite character you should support his inclusion if you truly want to see him in. Doesn't matter what he's from, the reason I support my favorite characters is because I like them, not because of what they're from.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Bowser45 said:
This is one of the few recolors I would actually like to see.
DarkBowsersmiley_zps61892b92.png

Edit: I just saw the white text. If he's your favorite character you should support his inclusion if you truly want to see him in. Doesn't matter what he's from, the reason I support my favorite characters is because I like them, not because of what they're from.
I don't want to see him in.

ok if he ever appears in a mainstream game then yes I will support him 112%

but since he's only appeared in RPG's, I do not want him

Back