Next Mario Baseball roster

so you hate RPG characters so much you will forsake your favorite character because he is from an RPG

why

Baby Luigi said:
I honestly don't care about a god-awful roster since Baby Luigi is the only character I really use

Yes you do. Your happiness and enjoyment won't be realized unless Wario, Donkey Kong, and Ganondorf are available for Baby Luigi to torture.

bowser45 doesn't want db in the next game not because he's an rpg character, but because he's only appeared in rpgs.
if fawful appeared in a bunch of mario platformers suddenly, i would be 100 percent supportive of him for mario kart.

Ultraluigi said:
bowser45 doesn't want db in the next game not because he's an rpg character, but because he's only appeared in rpgs.
if fawful appeared in a bunch of mario platformers suddenly, i would be 100 percent supportive of him for mario kart.
But why does only being in an RPG suddenly make everyone not want them in? Are the RPG's not Mario games? I consider them some of the best Mario games out there (with some exceptions *cough*sticker star*cough*)

RPG characters, like we've concluded from Nintendo's history, get unfairly shafted outside their home series, with a few exceptions (Mario Party 6, Goomboss). As a result, if a character first appears in RPG, its sad fate is that it will remain there (almost) forever.

well most consider them to not be as important as main mario games, as they don't get as much publicity, and generally don't sell as well.
besides, dark bowser only appeared at the very end of BiS, so i'd hardly call him an important character.

Dunno if anyone has said him yet...

BUT... BANDIT. BANDIT. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y U NO PLAYABLE YET?!

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Ultraluigi said:
But why does only being in an RPG suddenly make everyone not want them in?
the RPG games and their characters are pretty obscure

I wouldn't say obscure, but they don't get as much attention as the platformers.

yeah

i meant obscure compared to the mainstream games

I know exactly why the RPG's are more obscure and don't sell as much.

Because Nintendo barely advertises them. They advertise the platformers like hell, and produce tons of collectibles, toys, and accessories based on them, and then say, "Oh and here's a game called Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario whatever. We won't say anything about how good it is, just buy it." No one knows how good they are because they are not advertised enough. Every time I see an official advertisement for Mario DS games/Wii games/ whatever, they'll have like 6 game boxes displayed and the RPG will almost always be the last one.

Unknown Entity said:
Dunno if anyone has said him yet...

BUT... BANDIT. BANDIT. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y U NO PLAYABLE YET?!

He has been playable in YI 2P mode. (Secret command is required)
But I don't think YI characters became a Team.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I know exactly why the RPG's are more obscure and don't sell as much.

Because Nintendo barely advertises them. They advertise the platformers like hell, and produce tons of collectibles, toys, and accessories based on them, and then say, "Oh and here's a game called Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario whatever. We won't say anything about how good it is, just buy it." No one knows how good they are because they are not advertised enough. Every time I see an official advertisement for Mario DS games/Wii games/ whatever, they'll have like 6 game boxes displayed and the RPG will almost always be the last one.

Even the other spinoffs get more merchandising. Waluigi, Daisy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Wario, for instance, all get plushies. I've yet to see that. Hell, Mario Party, with one-off hosts (Brighton and Twila need to reappear, dammit), get plushies with tags that say, "Mario Party".

I will give credit for the Fawful stylus I own. There are also ones of Broque, Broggy, Blitty, and a blorb Toad in existence. Plus there is SMRPG stuff but it is ultra-rare, I heard a small Geno figure exists but costs hundreds of dollars. Since SMRPG though the RPGs have had barely any merchandise. I think Mario Party does because its main characters are all established Mario characters, and they need a game with all of them to sell all in one set. Still, the RPGs should be advertised hell of a lot more. They really are among the masterpieces of the Mario series (all but one, that is). If anyone finds Paper Mario merchandise I'd love to hear about it, because all I know of is a SPM Burger King toy.

But I think they just hate any character Miyamoto did not create.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I will give credit for the Fawful stylus I own. There are also ones of Broque, Broggy, Blitty, and a blorb Toad in existence. Plus there is SMRPG stuff but it is ultra-rare, I heard a small Geno figure exists but costs hundreds of dollars. Since SMRPG though the RPGs have had barely any merchandise. I think Mario Party does because its main characters are all established Mario characters, and they need a game with all of them to sell all in one set. Still, the RPGs should be advertised hell of a lot more. They really are among the masterpieces of the Mario series (all but one, that is). If anyone finds Paper Mario merchandise I'd love to hear about it, because all I know of is a SPM Burger King toy.

But I think they just hate any character Miyamoto did not create.

Miyamoto didn't create Daisy.

Or Wario.

Or Yoshi, even....

In Daisy and Wario's case, I have no idea why they appeared after SML series when others such as Tatanga did not. Super Mario World was one of the most famous Mario platformers, which is why Yoshi probably became famous. Most characters to originate in plaformers (SMB2 and SML seem to get less attention, but some characters still came from them) seem to be fair game for almost all spinoffs though. (and isn't Miyamoto the creator of many of these? I assumed he created most of them because of what he said about Sticker Star) This is why I don't see why they can't add a fan-favorite from any of the RPG's.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
In Daisy and Wario's case, I have no idea why they appeared after SML series when others such as Tatanga did not. Super Mario World was one of the most famous Mario platformers, which is why Yoshi probably became famous. Most characters to originate in plaformers (SMB2 and SML seem to get less attention, but some characters still came from them) seem to be fair game for almost all spinoffs though. (and isn't Miyamoto the creator of many of these? I assumed he created most of them because of what he said about Sticker Star) This is why I don't see why they can't add a fan-favorite from any of the RPG's.

From what I can gather its Nintendo EAD, of which Miyamoto is one of the supervisors, that makes the main games and the spin-offs, but it's second parties that make the RPGs. If it isn't even that simple to get just Nintendo characters for Smash Bros. then why should adding Mario RPG characters to other games be any easier?

The developers of the Mario RPG's, however, are very closely linked to Nintendo, and if they were so protective of their characters we wouldn't have even seen the Star Spirits and Goomboss's appearances elsewhere. The difference between third-party characters like in your link, and Mario RPG characters, is that Mario RPG characters are still Mario characters, and Mario is a Nintendo franchise. Nintendo hasn't split from IS or Alpha Dream like they did with Square (hence all that nonsense over SMRPG characters) so these developers should have no problem with their characters getting more publicity.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
The developers of the Mario RPG's, however, are very closely linked to Nintendo, and if they were so protective of their characters we wouldn't have even seen the Star Spirits and Goomboss's appearances elsewhere. The difference between third-party characters like in your link, and Mario RPG characters, is that Mario RPG characters are still Mario characters, and Mario is a Nintendo franchise. Nintendo hasn't split from IS or Alpha Dream like they did with Square (hence all that nonsense over SMRPG characters) so these developers should have no problem with their characters getting more publicity.

The link just doesn't talk about third-parties - Sakurai also mentions how hard it is to get characters like those from Pokemon, which is a Nintendo-owned franchise. If it were as easy as going over to Game Freak, also a second party for Nintendo, and saying, "Hey, you mind if I put this character in my game?" "Oh, sure!", then he wouldn't have brought it up.

Also, just to note, Intelligent Systems is actually first-party; AlphaDream is second-party. So if any of them would have a chance Paper Mario seems to have the better odds. But they're still entirely different development studios, despite being owned by the same company.

Is that why Sticker Star was so bad, because Miyamoto had more influence over Intelligent Systems? LOL, but in that case why don't they add someone like Dimentio, or any Paper Mario character as playable in spinoffs? Still makes no sense.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Is that why Sticker Star was so bad, because Miyamoto had more influence over Intelligent Systems? LOL, but in that case why don't they add someone like Dimentio, or any Paper Mario character as playable in spinoffs? Still makes no sense.

Most likely for the same reason I already said: it still probably isn't that easy. It'd still going through a legal obstacle course. But then again I'm just some guy on a laptop; what do I know? Well, a lot, if I do say so myself... And I doubt my logic that 1st party = easier character grabs isn't exactly the most sound equation... They're more obscure characters, anyway, and adding them in a spin-off could most likely result in more people remembering them for being in the spin-off then the game they really came from, so why bother?

And from what I can tell, Miyamoto only influenced it because they asked him how the game was. It is his series, and as one would expect if someone's creating a game for that series they're going to ask the creator for his opinion. Though apparently he's going to involve himself less so as to prepare the company for his eventual retirement...

Do you have what decide what to do the voice?

It is also really surprised you? It is the small candy is older than Dixie much.

Back